Manchester United

BOF

Should have binned Van Gaal and got Klopp start of the window. I never used to mind United, especially as they used to be enjoyable to watch, but they are quickly becoming a team I really dislike due to how they play.

Conversely I've always hated them, but they are quickly becoming a team I enjoy to watch due to the fact they are now S**t. ☺

A lot of talk of Austin going there, I think he will do well.

I have said a few times on here that I'd like us to sign Charlie Austin, but if I supported a club that had aspirations of challenging for title's domestically and in Europe I'm not sure he would capture my imagination.

Linked with Bale, Muller, Ronaldo (not that any of those were likely) only to end up with Charlie Austin. How the mighty have fallen ☺

Also a lot of talk about Anthony Martial from Monaco for €50m, reported from RMC in France. Seems like they're going to be busy.

I have said a few times on here that I'd like us to sign Charlie Austin, but if I supported a club that had aspirations of challenging for title's domestically and in Europe I'm not sure he would capture my imagination.

Linked with Bale, Muller, Ronaldo (not that any of those were likely) only to end up with Charlie Austin. How the mighty have fallen ☺

Also a lot of talk about Anthony Martial from Monaco for €50m, reported from RMC in France. Seems like they're going to be busy.

Was we linked with him earlier in the window or am I getting confused?

Austin, 50m euros for Martial.

Reminds me of Souness destroying the legacy at Liverpool to me.

Dear Lord.

One can only hope ☺

Was we linked with him earlier in the window or am I getting confused?

Yeah us and Spurs were linked, Spurs had a bid rejected apparently.

Yeah, would be a great signing for us, dreadful for them. 

I don't know the exact figures but the amount of money they have spent since Ferguson or even since Moyes has been absolutely astronomical. To look as average as they have has to fall on Van Gaal and whoever is making the decision to keep signing players in positions they don't need while neglecting those positions they desperately need strengthening.

Januazj and Hernandez going to Germany today.

So since end of last season they've let go of RVP, Falcao, ADM and now those two from the attacking department.

And replaced them all with Memphis.....

LVG will probably buy another three central midfielders in next 24 hours.

Any thoughts Tommy?

Januazj and Hernandez going to Germany today.

So since end of last season they've let go of RVP, Falcao, ADM and now those two from the attacking department.

And replaced them all with Memphis.....

LVG will probably buy another three central midfielders in next 24 hours.

Any thoughts Tommy?

**** knows whats going on. I refuse to believe Adnan is going anywhere and will be pissed if he does. Hernandez didn't want to be there and he wasn't good enough to warrant the playing time he wanted so its good that he is gone. We obviously need someone to replace him though which sounds like it is going to be this Martial guy. Never seen him play but he is very highly rated so I'm all for the signing. For the reported 36m I'd like to see someone more proven but prices are getting so **** I don't know what anyone is worth these days. Even then it is very risky to rely on a 19 year old as our only backup but there just isn't any top striker available. I would have loved to have signed Benteke and think he would have fit in great. Now, I'd settle for someone like Berahino to come in and offer some depth.

Tbf we needed the central midfielders as we were very thin there and Schneiderlin has solved a lot of our defensive issues. I'd still like to have seen a new CB and to sort out wtf is going on with the keepers as Romero isn't good enough. 

I think we've got a fairly strong team though and even bringing in a couple of new players isn't going to change much as the personnel is the biggest problem but the way we are setup to play is. We are too slow on the ball. Everything is behind the ball, no runs into space, no one trying to get in behind the defenders. It is all ball to feet and then look up to pick out someone else to feet. It is too easy to defend. There are a couple instances each match where we pick the tempo up and we look really threatening but then just revert to type and slowly pass the ball around again. We need to mix it up, keeping possession is great but it isn't great on its own. 

• Like 2

Â