Manchester United

BOF

Just read a few posts about them not wanting Ramos. They really are deluded.

To be fair to them I think they are right, Ramos is great for Madrid in la liga but him and pepe are complete liabilities, much like pique and mascherano for barca, he's got mistakes and red cards in him

Surprised so many of them still rate smalling and jones, dont think they'd get hummels but subotic would be worth a pop

I know you're having a bit of fun with that valuation but I know what you're saying. Between us girls the figure of £10-£12m has been banded around as a tipping point but given the predicament they are in and we know they have the money I would like Villa to say £20m take it or leave it.

I like how the opinion of Vlaar changes as the United fans slowly realise that their defenders are dogshit. Even looking at today's posts you can see that they have gone from not really wanting him to thinking that he would be a good addition, which he would.

Shows how clueless they were until the world cup performances made them watch him.

"Ron Laard!!!"

"He's awful."

"Suffers from a severe lack of pace. Solid defender but not good enough for United."

Well I too thought Evans was their best defender but he played tonight and had a howler against MK Dons.

You were wrong (not for the first time). Although United's other defenders are so bad Evans isn't that far off being their best one. He is horrific though and is yet another in the long list of players who people vastly over rate because he plays for Man United.

Well I too thought Evans was their best defender but he played tonight and had a howler against MK Dons.

You were wrong (not for the first time). Although United's other defenders are so bad Evans isn't that far off being their best one. He is horrific though and is yet another in the long list of players who people vastly over rate because he plays for Man United.

So how am I wrong? 

Evans is United's best defender. That's exactly their problem. However - they have just bought Rojo and Shaw. Maybe they are better than Evans?

Not saying yes or no on that because neither has played yet. 

For comparison:

Evans = Phil Jagielka

Jones = Michael Dawson

Smalling = Richard Dunne

I actually rate Jones higher than Evans. Easily in fact.

But the point remains, they're all pretty bad.

If Smalling, JOnes or Evans are classed as United's best defender then there's something wrong at that club because none of them are good enough to be anything other than a squad player for them

Â