Manchester United

BOF

Anyone surprised they're not being linked to a striker?

Wellbeck apparently close to leaving for Spurs on loan and clearly wants out, Hernandez is pretty much useless nowadays and dosen't fit into LVG's formation and RVP last week looked completely shot from playing at the WC and will pick up injuries in that state.

So a lot to ask of WIlson and indeed the midfield which apart from Mata didn't exactly overflow with goals last season. Di Maria isn't a prolific goalscorer either.

They might be tapped out.  It was reported this week that now Di Maria has signed that Manchester United have the most expensively assembled squad in the history of the Premier League (yet they insist they cannot compete financially with Chelsea and Manchester City...) and no doubt they have a wage bill to match.  I'm sure they will be pinning their hopes on Rooney having one of his 30 goal seasons. 

How times change.  When Fergie was there they could get a work permit for Quinton Fortune despite him hardly playing for club or country. 

So

Shaw

Rojo

Blind

I make that about £70m on left backs.

Have LVG and Lambert ever worked together?  :detect: 

I've just read an article on his work permit, sounds like he's played a fair few friendlies which don't count

Something I didn't know though was that Willian only had 2 caps for Brazil when he signed for Chelsea, at the appeal Chelsea argued that if he was from anywhere else other than Brazil he would have far more but competition for places was too strong, and he obviously got one

I thought the appeal was where the club could argue about how many caps he will win in the future now that he plays in England, utd will be able to use the example of how all their shite automatically gets called up for England....

In other words it's a bit of a farce and he will probably get one

I've said this before in villa threads, rojo will be on say £50k a week, poor tax maths says that's £25k a week to the taxman, £1.3m a year, £5.2m by the end of a 4 year deal, and we question it, if he was a polish plasterer we welcome him in with open arms, it baffles me

I've said this before in villa threads, rojo will be on say £50k a week, poor tax maths says that's £25k a week to the taxman, £1.3m a year, £5.2m by the end of a 4 year deal, and we question it, if he was a polish plasterer we welcome him in with open arms, it baffles me

You do realise how the EU works right?

Yeah I know how the eu works

but I don't know how the footballer work permits work, or why they focus on how many caps a player has, at a guess that's a suit from the government trying to measure how good a footballer is, which doesn't work, especially when you then add in that their nation has to be in the top 75 of the farcical FIFA rankings, then you have the appeal, which like I said I thought was them guesstimating how many caps they will win the future, which is nonsense

Rojo has 28 caps in the last 4 years, but most of them were in friendlies so he doesn't qualify

They should look at what the players role in the team will be (ie stop youth and reserve teams being flooded with players from outside the eu) and how much they will contribute in tax

Rojo will be a 1st team regular and contribute around £1.3m a year in tax, really don't see what the problem is

£15m for Blind. United are pissing money up the wall like no tomorrow.

What is baffling is that this deal was always extremely likely yet United wait until the end of the window to sign him. Their desperation for defenders, as well as the usual end of window price hikes, means they are once again overpaying for players.

Don't think Ed Woodward is doing a good job at the moment.

If people defend van Gaal for "taking time" then that's fair enough, just like it can be with new signings needing a bit of time to get used to the league. But playing that kind of system with players inexperienced in a back 3, only 1 real CM and 6 attack minded players, that can't really be defended. So much for tactical genius really.

Â