Manchester United

BOF

For the money they're spending on Di Maria they could pretty much have signed Vermaelen, Vlaar, Song and Blind. They would plug the holes in the team much better. I don't understand why Van Gaal complained about an unbalanced squad he then breaks the British record on another attacking midfielder. But who cares really.

• Like 1

I know a lot of people are happy about their current plight but I'm not and i wont be until they no longer exist

This is about as low as they are going to sink so enjoy it while it lasts. They are so much bigger than any other club they can just keep throwing money around until they eventually get it right.

For the money they're spending on Di Maria they could pretty much have signed Vermaelen, Vlaar, Song and Blind. They would plug the holes in the team much better. I don't understand why Van Gaal complained about an unbalanced squad he then breaks the British record on another attacking midfielder. But who cares really.

So instead of buying one top class player they could have brought four average ones?

• Like 1

So instead of buying one top class player they could have brought four average ones?

Well if you want to call them average it's up to you but my main point is that they could have bought to make them solid from the back. It doesn't necessarily have to be those 4 but Di Maria gave the ball away about 50 times in one World Cup match, he's not in the class of the very best in which he is going to win games on his own. They need their spine rebuilt if they want to get in the Champions League.

Well if you want to call them average it's up to you but my main point is that they could have bought to make them solid from the back. It doesn't necessarily have to be those 4 but Di Maria gave the ball away about 50 times in one World Cup match, he's not in the class of the very best in which he is going to win games on his own. They need their spine rebuilt if they want to get in the Champions League.

You are talking without any sense really.

Di Maria is among the very best, and will obviously bring something to their team that they lack. He is not Messi and Ronaldo-class, but he is in the tier after these two legends. Mentioning one single game in the World Cup (after a long and hard season, playing for the national team) is pointless - what about mentioning the CL-final where he created the goal that won the match?

Regardless of di Maria, it is not like they are buying him over the others you mentioned. They have cash for both, and probably will buy another defender and a midfielder.

Buying players like Sanchez, di Maria and the lot is extremely difficult - and they are the ones that win you the trophies. Buying players like Vlaar, Blind, Vermaelen and Song is much easier - because they are cheaper and they are in a million.

Di Maria is an excellent player, I don't think anyone can doubt that.

What I think people can doubt is that he's an excellent signing.

Di Maria will improve their team, but a couple of solid defenders would have improved the team more. Of course, there's still a chance Utd will do both - but a side is only as good as it's weakest links. Di Maria turns a medium link into a very strong link. But the weakest links remain, and if that's their transfer activity used up now then they'll continue to have huge problems.

• Like 2

Â