Manchester United

BOF

Jonathan Wilson (football journo) just pointed out via Twitter that Van Gaal took just two points from his first three games in charge at Bayern Munich.   He won the double and reached the Champions League final that season.  I don't think United will win the title this season and they certainly won't be reaching the Champions League final but I guess it shows that the people already dancing on his grave are being a bit premature. 

What are the odds for Man Utd to be relegated?

300/1

To win the title Man. United would have to probably reach 90 points given the form Chelsea are showing. That means winning 30 of their last 35 games, safe to say that's not going to happen.

To get in the top 4 they'll probably need around 70 points as that was the tally we always fell short of when we were competiting for top 4. That would mean winning 23 of their last 35 games so pretty much 66% winning ratio from now. It's a big ask when winning just one game is a massive struggle at the minute.

David Moyes is enjoying this. RvP, Rooney and Mata all seem to have lost a step. Really poor. Evans is a joke. Valencia and Young are crap. They're just a really mediocre side.

Twitter rumours suggest their bid for Danny blind has been successful - hope this is true as will surely put the vlaar rumour mongering to bed.

Although they're struggling to get a work permit for rojo....

Blind is best as a DM and can play as a LB, won't have anything to do with signing another CB or not.

So

Shaw

Rojo

Blind

I make that about £70m on left backs.

Have LVG and Lambert ever worked together?  :detect: 

Blind is best as a DM and his agent has said he will be playing there. Rojo is also a CB. 

Edited by tommybread

i really thought united would make a great start to the season but im so glad the bastards are suffering again. i would be very surprised if they make the top four which would be a disaster for them, miles behind chelsea and city and to a lesser extent arsenal.

If LVG keeps sitting on the bench when UtD are playing shit then the fans will turn on him very quickly.

A la Houllier

It might sound a little silly to some but I'd *imagine* it has a psychological effect on the players too. To look over and see their manager appear so passive to what is going on on the pitch. They may start to feel adrift... As I said, maybe it's a bit silly but I don't like my manager sitting down. I want him kicking every single ball with them.

Has he always done this thing of begrudingly shaking opposition managers hands at the end of the game?

On Tuesday he was signing autographs and Robinson had to come over to shake his hand and yesterday he couldn't be even bothered to get off his seat to shake hands with Dyche.

Just seems a bit childish to me from such a prestigious manager.

If LVG keeps sitting on the bench when UtD are playing shit then the fans will turn on him very quickly.

A la Houllier

It might sound a little silly to some but I'd *imagine* it has a psychological effect on the players too. To look over and see their manager appear so passive to what is going on on the pitch. They may start to feel adrift... As I said, maybe it's a bit silly but I don't like my manager sitting down. I want him kicking every single ball with them.
When we were getting beat by Bradford couple of years back I was looking towards Lambert and he looked like a man who had just lost his dog. Really wanted to see him giving the players a bit of a verbal ass kicking.

Â