Manchester United

BOF

The brand of football that ETH is playing is clearly not sustainable. It doesn't seem to be something that gets mentioned by people like Neville and Keane from what i've seen. 

If it was Moyes playing this way for them he would have been sacked a long time ago. 

Not sure how ETH keeps getting away with it.

The players don’t appear to be playing for ETH - there’s rarely any effort or desire shown during their matches.

I imagine ETH will be shown the door in June and some other poor sap will inherit that basket case of a squad. 

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I imagine ETH will be shown the door in June and some other poor sap will inherit that basket case of a squad. 

Please be Southgate!

• Like 2

I'm thinking tuchel

Which is great because I also think he's blagging his top table manager status, players don't play for him which is a recipe for disaster at utd 

Hoping they don't go flick or nagelsmann who would both make sense and have something about them and need a bounce 

4 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Can't believe how jammy Man U are. Commentators commending Toney. Man if my team created 29 shots on goal and scored 1 I'd have frigging sacked my entire forward line, their children, their children's children, and anyone who even so much as served a bacon sandwich to the attacking coaches.

We must've had 20 + shots against them at VP. Can remember Diaby making some ridiculous decisions on the counter against them late on.

Edit: 23 with 10 on target, 56% possession aswell.

Edited by VillaChris

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Assuming they don't make it this season, United will have finished in the top four on four occasions in the last nine years.

Even for a club as big they are, that's got to start eating into that global fanbase of theirs sooner or later hasn't it? 

They're becoming irrelevant.

Liverpool had a similar down time for many years between their 80s success and their recent resurgence under Klopp but retained a massive fan base. I don’t see Man U going away as a ‘brand’ anytime soon. 

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Assuming they don't make it this season, United will have finished in the top four on four occasions in the last nine years.

Even for a club as big they are, that's got to start eating into that global fanbase of theirs sooner or later hasn't it? 

Absolutely. Young children aren't supporting Man United out of choice anymore. It'll be because their parents support them. It's majority Man City for the glory hunting kids near us, with a bit of Liverpool and slightly less Arsenal. 

5 hours ago, Genie said:

The bloke with the melted face with no experience at all if running a football club will save the day…

I initially thought Harry Redknapp was coming out of retirement with the first half of this statement. :D 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Not irrelevant as Liverpool didn't do much for about 15 years yet still had millions of fans in Asia.

The one to watch is the kit deals they sign as there are penalty clauses in some of those contracts that they get reduced payment if they don't make CL for two successive seasons so they need to get there next season otherwise that will start biting into their FFP.

I went to haden hill park with my kids on Monday and there was an Indian family of about 12 (cousins etc I suspect) and every single one of them (mom's, dad's, kids) had this years man united shirt on!

It was literally a squad! 

Shame it's United, not villa! 😔

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Genie said:

The bloke with the melted face with no experience at all if running a football club will save the day…

Triffic

12 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I went to haden hill park with my kids on Monday and there was an Indian family of about 12 (cousins etc I suspect) and every single one of them (mom's, dad's, kids) had this years man united shirt on!

Shame it's United, not villa! 😔

To give some context around that… Indians who emigrated to the Uk in the last 50 years had no affiliation to any PL club.  As they got into football, they ended up gravitating to the teams that were on TV the most and played the best football. That was inevitably Liverpool and Man Utd (depending on which decade they got into football). Once they became die-hard fans, they passed on their team to their kids, siblings, nieces and nephews… so now you have a whole generation of younger fans following their parents teams which is Man Utd or Liverpool (with a sprinkling of Arsenal).

20 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

What is their secret to make the opposition miss clear cut chances on a consistent basis?

Players get a sudden shock when they realise its Man United not San Marino

Â