Manchester United

BOF

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Get the popcorn out, next few months are going to be hilarious. They're a very old and broken team.

Actually thought Onana would be a good signing as he had a solid level for Inter in last season's CL and played really well in the final but he looks like a 5 a side keeper currently and just expecting to make errors.

The nervousness from the defence could beg affecting him. I didn't think he was a great signing, but I'm a bit surprised at just how bad he's been.

Just like we've seen over the years, a poor keeper can make a defence shaky. I think this is more of a poor defence making a keeper shaky.

His confidence will be getting hammered with every game that goes by. To play the kind of build up from the back football that we do (😉), you need to have a confident keeper, that has confidence in his defence. 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Two remarkable and glorious sets of stats

Ouch.... what I'd give for us to deliver a Liverpool 7-2 style hammering to them. Would make up for so much lost time.

Their defence is really poor at the moment.  I don't see how it will happen, but hopefully they don't sort their defensive woes out before we play them!

I remember last season hearing pundits claim ten Hag had fixed them and they were on their way back and I couldn't believe it. I thought they were mostly boring and very lucky to finish as high as they did. They only scored 58 goals too which backs this up. They were however at least fairly solid defensively which seems to have completely gone out of the window this season.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I remember last season hearing pundits claim ten Hag had fixed them and they were on their way back and I couldn't believe it. I thought they were mostly boring and very lucky to finish as high as they did. They only scored 58 goals too which backs this up. They were however at least fairly solid defensively which seems to have completely gone out of the window this season.

I had United supporting mates saying the same. Back. As if they were going to start challenging for the league again. Even that wasn't the case then,  and definitely isn't now.

Some terminal problems there, that might not even get fixed by a new owner. Especially if The Glazers hang on so long their asking price just ends up even further away from the real value.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

Rashford had a career season so now he's reverted to type as more someone who will probably score around 15 (and that looks unlikely based on current form) they're really struggling for goals in final third with lack of penalties.

Hoijlund did take his finishes well so suggests he's starting to get used to the environment but a very big ask for inexperienced player like him to fire them into top 4 especially when the rest of the side is so dysfunctional.

They just look like a team currently waiting for the club to sack the manager. They were throwing these games in a good month before likes of Mourinho and Solskjaer both got sacked.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

. An unruly group drinking too much in isolated square and it could all easily kick off.

I believe you. Makes me think of the Istanbul “gypsy battle” scene in To Russia With Love. 😬 My chances of travelling to Istanbul to see Villa are infinitesimally tiny. It's a nice dream, probably idealised, but if I ever did go, the Villa part of the trip would be a cool highlight but I'd also be focused on taking in the wonders and sampling the local lahmacun, you know? One day.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

5 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I believe you. Makes me think of the Istanbul “gypsy battle” scene in To Russia With Love. 😬 My chances of travelling to Istanbul to see Villa are infinitesimally tiny. It's a nice dream, probably idealised, but if I ever did go, the Villa part of the trip would be a cool highlight but I'd also be focused on taking in the wonders and sampling the local lahmacun, you know? One day.

I don't think being attacked by a mob and potentially stabbed is a cool highlight. Whatever floats your boat

6 hours ago, Wurzel said:

I may be small minded but I love a bit of Partidge-esq Goldbridge after a Manure loss. Always cheers me up.

"Shit, did you see that? He must have a foot like a traction engine"

• Haha 1

Unless he has a fondness for tartan trousers, judging by what he’s wearing at about 7 minutes 30, it seems Goldbridge made the decision to get his pjs on early for the game and his broadcast to save himself the bother later.

Nothing particularly noteworthy, just a little insight into the running of one of the more popular fan channels.

11 hours ago, villan95 said:

Rashford playing for a new contract and a crazy amount of penalties plus their usual helpful refs will get you a long way.

9 hours ago, Wurzel said:

I may be small minded but I love a bit of Partidge-esq Goldbridge after a Manure loss. Always cheers me up.

His real name is Brent Di Cesare. True story

12 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Two remarkable and glorious sets of stats

I don't understand why they've included the Premier League bit in the first one?  I wouldn't say our defence is worse than Fulham's this season - even if we've conceded more goals in all competitions because we made Europe :D

On the game, wow.  Hojlund actually looks a good player but that whole side is a confidence-shot shambles otherwise.  Brentford at home and Sheff Utd away are next.  If they don't get 2 wins there, I think it may be curtains for Ten Hag.

Â