Manchester United

BOF

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Have you ever been on jury service?

"Dear potential member of the jury, are you aware of any prejudices that may inhibit your ability to offer fair judgement?"

"Not really, but just look at him, LOOK at him!, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd done a bit of raping we haven't yet heard of"

"You're excused"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 04/09/2023 at 10:01, maqroll said:

Ongoing Glazer drama

Greenwood saga

Maguire still there

Losing games

Sancho drama

Supporters losing faith in Ten Hag

Stadium falling apart

Antony woman-beating charges

Ex-players piling on

It's only September 4

GIVE ME MORE OF THIS PLEASE

Also, plunging stock price 😆 

Manchester United have spent a record £1.19bn more on transfers over the past decade than they have recouped through player sales, according to a new study.

Since 2014 United have spent about £1.67bn on new players, and brought in about £481m, says Swiss-based research institute, CIES Football Observatory.

Chelsea are second with a negative net spend of £883m, followed by French side Paris St-Germain with £863m.

Arsenal (£745m) and Manchester City (£732m) complete the top five.

A total of 13 Premier League clubs are in the top 20.

Highest net spending (2014-2023) 
1. Manchester United - £1,196.6m 11. Aston Villa - £414.3m
2. Chelsea - £885.5m 12. Liverpool - £395.3m
3. Paris St-Germain - £865.8m 13. Al-Hilal - £391.3m
4. Arsenal - £746.9m 14. Juventus - £385m
5. Manchester City - £733.8m 15. Everton - £336.1m
6. Newcastle United - £575.2m 16. Crystal Palace - £322.3m
7. Barcelona - £568.4m 17. Bournemouth - £294.9m
8. Tottenham Hotspur - £522.1m 18. Bayern Munich - £294.1m
9. AC Milan - £467.3m 19. Real Madrid - £277.6m
10. West Ham United - £451.9m 20. Nottingham Forest - £265.8

link

27 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Always makes me so miserable that we are so high up these lists

It's kind of a pointless stat though. City have an unlimited supply of academy graduates that they sell and/or have sell-on clauses and horde other players signed from lesser clubs or their "sister" clubs. Basically what we're doing with Archer and co but on steroids. I'd bet anything they'd top the gross spending charts pre-Boehly though.

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah it's almost universal vitriol for him on here. Mostly because he's a bit of a hothead on the pitch though, so the opposite of the Rashford hate I'd say

I'd say the fact that he almost gets into it with Mings every time we play them doesn't help.

Edited by Hornso

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Our players like the dodgy players' Instagram posts. Don't get too cocky about the morality of our players IMO, just setting yourself up for future disappointment. 

Ironically! They're liking the posts ironically 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's kind of a pointless stat though. City have an unlimited supply of academy graduates that they sell and/or have sell-on clauses and horde other players signed from lesser clubs or their "sister" clubs. Basically what we're doing with Archer and co but on steroids. I'd bet anything they'd top the gross spending charts pre-Boehly though.

Chelsea had the same system but it doesn’t seem to have stopped them having a crazy net spend. 

18 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Chelsea had the same system but it doesn’t seem to have stopped them having a crazy net spend. 

They still aren't that far off City, and that's with their crazy £1bn spending spree in 2023. Feels crazy even typing that out.

Â