Manchester United

BOF

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Looks like their Rabiot deal has fallen through. I love how much they're struggling to sign players. 

I think they will make a big priced panic buy to appease the fans. 100 million Neymar bid incoming yet will probably end up paying 80 million for Jarrod Bowen

• Haha 1

On 15/08/2022 at 23:37, MrBlack said:

I was really looking forward to seeing it after the Liverpool game, but given how rubbish they've looked it might actually be United's first point. That said, Nunez is suspended so maybe Liverpool will be better.

They don't look the same without Mane

2 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Relegation would be amazing, being as a lot of their commercial contracts have relegation clauses that could see them torn up

The Premier League would find a technicality to avoid relegation. That Everton FFP issue might be brought up again or just not use VAR while Maguire runs the pitch with the ball in his hand like a rugby prop

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The Premier League would find a technicality to avoid relegation. That Everton FFP issue might be brought up again or just not use VAR while Maguire runs the pitch with the ball in his hand like a rugby prop

I think a Man U relegation battle would be amazingly good for business for the Premier League. The free publicity from amount of global headlines it would create over the course of the season would be worth millions. 

Let’s face it though, they will go on to finish top 6, similar to what Arsenal did after their horrible start last season. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

The thing that I learned from Elon Musk's 'joke' is that Manchester United fans don't appear to have any idea that FFP exists.

These are dangerous times for the game - when two of the worlds biggest brands in United and Barca are struggling to compete, there's a very real danger that they'll change the rules to suit them.

They already did when they bought in FFP.

We weren’t doing too badly, Citeh were just being heavily invested in…

They needed to pull up the drawbridge quickly and that was facilitated…

Fast forward to modern day, and it seems that it still isn’t quite as rosy as they would like…

Changes will be made to make sure that FIFAs cash cows don’t get sent to slaughter…

41 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

If United fall out this season then who will take their spot in the top 6?

Newcastle, Brighton , Palace , West ham.....ain't gonna happen though, they will be top 6. 

55 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

If United fall out this season then who will take their spot in the top 6?

Brighton have the best chance IMO.

They don't have the best squad but best manager and team setup matter much more.

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The thing that I learned from Elon Musk's 'joke' is that Manchester United fans don't appear to have any idea that FFP exists.

These are dangerous times for the game - when two of the worlds biggest brands in United and Barca are struggling to compete, there's a very real danger that they'll change the rules to suit them.

It would be interesting to know where United are versus FFP,. They have a massive wage bill (probably be eased a lot when Ronaldo goes) but they also generate an awful lot of money too.

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

It would be interesting to know where United are versus FFP,. They have a massive wage bill (probably be eased a lot when Ronaldo goes) but they also generate an awful lot of money too.

you'd think they are ok, if they weren't then the glazers would leave some money in, as it is they're healthy enough to take a hell of a lot out each year

if they were falling foul of FFP whilst they still took their cut then im sure we'd know it, that would be a red rag to a bull, the media would love that story

• Like 1

Sadly I agree that the protection racket that surrounds these scummy 6 clubs will ensure there is no relegation for them. We already saw VAR trying to intervene when they were losing against Brighton. Every single big decision, a couple of them totally blatant like the McTominay non sending off for a blatant red card offence and the disgusting failure to award Brighton a Penalty when it was as clear as day that their player got a charge in the back off the utd player.. VAR of course conveniently ignored both hiding behind the "not clear enough to overturn it" excuse when it couldn't have been any clearer! Despicable, and the reason there is not a cat in hells chance they will be relegated. Last season should be evdidence enough of this when they were woeful & still finished Europe! 

I see the disgraceful & violent Romero hair pull on a Chelsea player also went "unoticed" by VAR. (It is of course very unusual for a scummy 6 club to be victim of a blatant VAR going against them "Unless it is against another scummy 6 team" as was the case here with it being Spurs vs Chelsea)

History also shows different outcomes for "hair pulls" for non-scummy 6 clubs as compared to scummy 6 clubs. No surprise Man Utd are front & central in this as in 2016 Leicester City's Robert Huth got retrospectively banned for pulling Marouane Fellaini's hair & yet in 2018 Fellaini (Then playing for Man Utd) then pulled Matteo Gendoui's hair and a free kick resulted but no card & no retrospective ban!

Move on to 2022 & Romero's disgraceful assault on Cucurella, far worse than the Fellaini incidents by the way, and VAR fails to do anything about it whatsoever...Guess who was the VAR ref?!!! .......Oh yes! ... The man himself, Mike Dean! But because VAR looked at it (With blind eyes) no retrospective action can be taken. 

No doubt had that been Mings on Romero he would have seen red & been banned.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 2

Ronaldo has put the wheels in motion for being disruptive enough to get what he wants (a transfer).

Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo has said he will soon reveal "the truth" about his future after reading so many "lies" this summer.

Although the Portuguese wants to leave United,new manager Erik ten Hag said he is "not for sale".

But it is now thought United could let the 37-year-old leave before the transfer window shuts on 1 September.

"They [will] know the truth when they interview in a couple weeks," Ronaldo said on Instagram.

Ronaldo liked a post on a fan account which referred to a report that Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone was interested in signing him.

But in a reply to the post, the ex-Real Madrid forward added: "The media is telling lies.

"I have a notebook and in the last few months of the 100 news [stories] I made, only five were right. Imagine how it is. Stick with that tip."

Link

On 16/08/2022 at 10:51, Zatman said:

How are Shaw and Maguire on the Amber list. I bet if they werent English Neville would be slaughtering them weekly

Maguire takes all the criticism but Shaw is a disgrace. Mourinho saw through him very quickly at United and have seen Joe Bennett and Antonio Luna look better left backs

I have no idea why Shaw is still at United. A plodding mid table player at best. Baffling how he has got over 20 caps for England.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I have no idea why Shaw is still at United. A plodding mid table player at best. Baffling how he has got over 20 caps for England.

He only has the caps because of his club. In fairness he had a decent season about 3 seasons back to prove Mourinho wrong but was a once off

Probably argue Targett was better in recent times probably others like Cresswell but not wearing the right jersey

Legend will say Shaw is stocky , it is just his build but it is not is it? His conditioning is abysmal.

I like him. He's got good ability to beat people deliver good quality but his positioning is horrendous he's never really kicked on consistently. One good season and he gets another huge deal on top of an already ridiculous deal.

He should have been bombed out years ago.

• Like 1

Â