Manchester United

BOF

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

To an extent, that's why Woodward was so good at his job, they've still probably got at least a decade of huge revenue, man City overtook them for the first time last year (obviously with some help from their partners) which is what I think spearheaded the changes at director level, they were fine with the team being shit for 5 years but as soon as they weren't top of the revenue league heads rolled 

They still have the biggest kit deal and main shirt sponsor 

Get back in the CL and get that money and it'll be good enough for even longer 

And again all that said the club still spend a lot of money on this team, they should be better than what they are 

How long would it take villa to catch man utd? How long would it take for man utd to drop to villas level? Decades IMO glazers will be long gone before it happens

I don't know, we ourselves have shown just how quickly it can go downhill after a couple of years of bad decision making.   Our squad value and wages would still have been absolutely different planet scales compared to lower end PL clubs and promoted clubs that year (Bournemouth for example) 

Things can head south quickly and the bigger you are the harder it is to turn around. 

Ronaldo saved them so often last season, they could have finished with significantly less points than they did.   He's yet another year older and closer to the end of his powers. 

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I dont hate Man Utd. Used to love watching them in the Champs League 25 years ago when they played such good football with the class of 92 all on the pitch.

But i hate their fans.  The arrogance of my colleague at work who feels they are the greatest club ever . And how they can just take our best players if they wanted to. 

They are an utterly shit club with a massive fanbase. Bit like the football version of Coldplay. 

No director of football. For good reason. So the Glasers can make financial decisions ahead of footballing ones. 

Time to pity them. They are punching at their level now. Every time they come up against a team with a plan then they will fall apart.

The only question i have is how the **** did they get a draw out of us preseason

Yeah like that mug Rio's tweets yesterday. Like the have a god given right to win and how dare another Premier league club in Brentford be beating them. 

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Thought this was a very good video on Man United and may interest people. Though, it's all quite obvious but explained well here.

If you follow this explaination, it just proves these footballers and many at other clubs are just not interested in the fans.

I agree they haven't got the big boys on there back, or constraints, but it's not like he explains working for a huge company, they have millions of fans expecting them to perform. The players are showing they are completely uninterested in pleasing the fans, just themselves. 

The club is actually the epitome of footballers who dont give a **** about anyone but themselves. 

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If you follow this explaination, it just proves these footballers and many at other clubs are just not interested in the fans.

I agree they haven't got the big boys on there back, or constraints, but it's not like he explains working for a huge company, they have millions of fans expecting them to perform. The players are showing they are completely uninterested in pleasing the fans, just themselves. 

The club is actually the epitome of footballers who dont give a **** about anyone but themselves. 

Just like every other player and club then... 

Not sure why people buy in to social media releases vetted by marketing professionals and believe otherwise 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

The blame does lie with the Glazers.

It’s the same with any large business, the culture is set from the top and that culture filters down throughout. They may well return a portion of the earnings back into the business but if they are absentee owners and disinterested that culture will poison an organisation, slowly but surely. 

Nothing will change there until the owners change. 

A lot of blame has to lie with the glaziers but watching Neville and redknapp yesterday something Neville said interested me when he was on about the stadium etc was that they had £350 million in the bank three years ago and now they are down to £30 million. Is that suggesting that they are now not making the money they used to be? I think Utd are a victim of their own size because they are almost unbuyable with the figures the glaziers would to see the club. Add the near billion in debt and rising its not as appealing as it once was. Side note why does Gary Neville get to use sky sports as his own Utd podcast

Its so enjoyable but the problem is they have too much crap. New manager ahould have dumped Maguire, McTominay, Rashford and Shaw for a start

Fernandes the rat has been found out and has shown to be very average

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Assuming they lose to Liverpool, their game against Southampton becomes massive - going into the fourth game of the season with no points and most likely bottom of the league will have them screaming.

I can't help but feel Klopp and co will go for the throat.

Fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Its so enjoyable but the problem is they have too much crap. New manager ahould have dumped Maguire, McTominay, Rashford and Shaw for a start

And Fred. And DeGea. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

What you’ve said there is known to absolutely every football fan in the country. They should have binned them off as a priority. 

It has 2 impacts.

1) You’ve got the shit out of the team

2) Those that remain know they will be gone too if they don’t start performing.

Not only did ETH keep the crap, he let Maguire keep the captaincy. Absolutely shocking decision making and I doubt he’ll recover from it.

Â