Manchester United

BOF

Man Utd's form with an XI that has one or none of RVP and Rooney in the team: 13 matches, 17 points: W5 D2 L6  

Form represented over a whole season: W15 D5 L18, or 50 points. At the end of the 12/13 season that would have them place 8th.

They are currently 7th in the table.

It's the same argument I had when Benteke and Vlaar were out. You take the best players out of any team they struggle.

Man City can cope though. 

They have a second 11 better than the majority of teams first 11s in this league. I think they will dominate the premiership for a number of years to come. 

• Like 1

David Moyes on the transfer window: "We know the type of players we want to bring in the club. A lot are not available, if we can get them we will try to do that but it is difficult. The club has always said it is long term here. We have an idea of the players we like to being in. We would like them now obviously, but it is more than likely it won't be."

BBC

Sounds like a MON excuse. 

Edited by mjmooney

It's the same argument I had when Benteke and Vlaar were out. You take the best players out of any team they struggle.

If you are a average side then yes when you have your top players out you struggle. That is why this united side for the first time in about 20 years, is ordinary. And itsn't that great. If Rooney pisses off in the summer and they don't get the champions league that could be very interesting. Lovely.

Man City had problems with their spine last year, Toure struggled for form and Aguero had a string of niggling injuries.   I think the charge levied at the current Manchester United team is a massive over reliance on a couple of players to get them out of the shit. It's not unlike when Liverpool were Gerrard, Torres and nine other blokes a few seasons ago. 

Alan Hansen said on MOTD that this season they've discovered the young Utd players "aren't right up there as they thought they were going to be."

Phil Jones took a particular beating in the analysis segment getting dummied so easily by Eto'o, and out-passed in midfield by David Lulz. 

so he is saying they're basically a two man team. and rumour has it, both of them want out.

major rebuilding job is only way, starting with young players. Powell who is playing at Wigan. Januzaj. Perhaps there are a few more gems still left in Belgium. Nobody's looked in Luxembourg.

Â