Manchester United

BOF

Honestly think mata is worth that tbh, would get in any team in the world atm, god knows why mourinho is so intent on getting rid

I'd take Mata over Willian any day, to be honest I think the only reason they bought Willian was because of Spurs having an interest in him.

I agree though, Mata is definitely worth £40m in todays prices but they need a lot more than just him.

I wouldn't go that far but he's a very talented player who I love to watch. Surprised Chelsea are selling now rather than in the summer.

This will also mean Rooney will be moving in the summer so ready made replacement to play just off the main striker.

Honestly think mata is worth that tbh, would get in any team in the world atm, god knows why mourinho is so intent on getting rid

I'd take Mata over Willian any day, to be honest I think the only reason they bought Willian was because of Spurs having an interest in him.

I agree though, Mata is definitely worth £40m in todays prices but they need a lot more than just him.

i thought that at first but he's hitting form now and i think he looks a good player, got a bit more of ramires in him that i expected, great engine does a lot of running

surprisingly might leave them a bit light (!) in midfield in the summer if they shift de bruyne and mikel and lampard and essien go

matic, oscar, ramires, hazard, willian,and schurrle for 5 positions (+ chalobah and van ginkel if they ever step up)

Doesn't make any sense this potential deal, which looks likely given all the attention and messages in the media. I wouldn't be too surprised if Mourinho came out tomorrow and said everything was off and that he would never sell to a competitor.

Juan Mata is a very good player, even world-class on his day which is quite often. A good indication is reading the message boards over at Chelsea and even Liverpool, the former don't want to lose him let alone to United - and the latter are pissed off at Chelsea for making United a contender again (which is ironic since Liverpool are a measly 6 points above a team still to field Van Persie and Rooney together at a consistent basis this season).

Chelsea don't need the money!? I don't know the rules and the Fair Play stuff, but again, it makes no sense for Abramovich to sell this player to United.

Also, United like Chelsea were two years ago, are not where they are supposed to be. Right about now a top player would choose City/Chelsea (I think) before United if they were given the same wages. The squad doesn't look as sexy as City/Bayern/Real Madrid/Barca at all, but a player of Mata's calibre will certainly make other players raise their eyes in the summer when given the choice. Another thing; what does this signal to Rooney? I am pretty sure Rooney would stay if they bring in Mata and then look to strengthen with other high-calibre players in the summer. If, and it's a big if, they bring in someone like Arturo Vidal to harass players in the middle they would look just as formidable at City going forward - who wants to leave something like that? Januzaj - Carrick - Vidal - Rooney - Mata - Van Persie - Kagawa - et al.

Moyes must feel like he broke into the Editor on FM and gave United a whole lot of cash and a sugar daddy. It's the only way they can compete of course, I don't blame them if they spend 200M the next three windows. They have created the biggest force out of their own success, then unprecedented influx of cash from UAE and Russia change the game completely in a matter of months/years.

I agree he would probably cost treble (maybe more). There are many reason why he might want to play for Chelsea though.

i dont see any. He is at biggest club in world, gets paid a lot of money and has just won Ballon D'or an award that is near impossible to win or nominated for if you play in Premier League

I'm sure it isn't lost on Ronaldo that half of La Liga is Championship standard. Maybe he wants to have a proper game every week?

Also living and playing in West London must be pretty attractive to a young rich millionaire.

Â