Manchester United

BOF

Yeah, the olny way I could see Mata going to United is if Rooney goes the other way.

It's clear Mourinho doesn't rate Mata, and 40 mill is a pile of money he can spend on...Christiano Ronaldo

Yeah, the olny way I could see Mata going to United is if Rooney goes the other way.

It's clear Mourinho doesn't rate Mata, and 40 mill is a pile of money he can spend on...Christiano Ronaldo

why would Ronaldo even go to Chelsea and would cost maybe treble that

I agree he would probably cost treble (maybe more). There are many reason why he might want to play for Chelsea though.

i dont see any. He is at biggest club in world, gets paid a lot of money and has just won Ballon D'or an award that is near impossible to win or nominated for if you play in Premier League

I agree he would probably cost treble (maybe more). There are many reason why he might want to play for Chelsea though.

To be honest, I cannot see a single reason why he would want to play for Chelsea!

1. He is at biggest club in the world (at least for him no doubt), playing under a manager that gives him total support and freedom on the pitch

2. Real Madrid is firmly in the pack for the title this year, he is top-scorer in both Primera Division and the Champions League

3. He just won the Ballon d'Or playing for Real Madrid

4. He hasn't won the Champions League for them thus far, something I am pretty sure he wants to accomplish before he retires

5. Chelsea are an inferior team and Mourinho would clearly put lots more restraints on his style compared to Ancelotti

6. Why would he suddenly go back on his word of never playing for another club than Manchester United in England?

7. Why would he move from Spain to England, when he has already been to England and said he wanted to go "home" to Spain/Iberia?

Oh, and he would cost like 150M and demand wages of 500k a week to move anywhere, not even Abramovich would pull that off lightly. People could mention money as motivation to leave, but trust me, he earns insane amounts of money already and I don't think he would make decisions like that based on 100k a week.

• Like 1

£40m through a 3rd party

not a clue what the 3rd party bit entails

still dont see whats in it for chelsea, they dont need the money, i know what Con is saying about utd improving and playing city and arsenal but thats very immediate, long term thinking surely utd missing out on the CL is far more beneficial long term

i agree with dakid, stringing them along, pull out last minute, utd left witha  wasted window

From the BBC

Spanish football expert Guillem Balague: "All agreed. Juan Mata will be a Manchester United player. 45 million euros. All will be announced very soon."

Forty-five million euros comes out at round about £36.8m sterling fans.

Chelsea have already played both their fixtures against United and United still have a fixtures against the rest of the top 6 or 7 teams.....

Maybe they are thinking if they sell Mata to United then this may help United beat those teams and give Chelsea a better chance of winning the title as they already have 12 points on United so would take a fair bit to slip up that much.

It makes no odds to them who's in CL next season as long as they are in it themselves, the financial benefits would help another club more than United as United already have one of the highest incomes in the world, so therefore it's probably better for Chelsea if United get that 4th spot instead of say Everton or Tottenham who would both get a huge financial boost and become more competitive.

That's my theory anyways :P

• Like 1

Â