VillaGoMarching

they made a weird statement last night saying that they have no intention of selling kane to PL rivals

cavani is out of contract at PSG but they have a 70m euro option to buy on icardi who is probably a better deal than the kane figures, after that he'll get linked to madrid and barca but I don't think either can afford him

I also don't think he has the marketing profile to fund such a high transfer deal, Neymar for example is IMO not a £150m £600k a week player but the deals you can get based on his face can go some way to justify it (same as Pogba) I don't think kane has that draw, his insta has 9.5m followers, Neymar has 137m, Pogba 40m, mbappe 40m that's part of what you are buying with these huge transfers

• Like 1

If spurs get into trouble and have no mkney for mew players wint take long for jose to start falling out with everyone so he can get himself sacked and paid off. Then he will blame levy and the spurs board and move on to anogher club to destroy 

Have apparently called Pochettino and his staff and asked then to agree to drop their salaries so the club can save money.

I know what my answer would be in their situation, especially the lower ranking members.

On 17/04/2020 at 09:40, sne said:

Have apparently called Pochettino and his staff and asked then to agree to drop their salaries so the club can save money.

I know what my answer would be in their situation, especially the lower ranking members.

Didn't realise they were still paying him his full wages (£8.5m a year apparently)

Mental the amount of money sloshing around in football at the moment. 

• 3 weeks later...

In the most Spursiest news of all Spurs time, Son has completed his army training and finished 'in the top 5' of his class.

Can see them falling down the league a fair bit over next 2-3 years.

Been unlucky with pandemic hitting within 12 months of moving into the new ground but seems to me they're hitting the sort of storm we did around 2010 when most of our key players came to the point where they wanted to leave (don't think they'll be anywhere close to getting relegated though!)

They also have pretty much the worst top level boss needed for rebuilding a top 6 side on a relative shoestring aswell.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/05/2020 at 14:32, VillaChris said:

Can see them falling down the league a fair bit over next 2-3 years.

Been unlucky with pandemic hitting within 12 months of moving into the new ground but seems to me they're hitting the sort of storm we did around 2010 when most of our key players came to the point where they wanted to leave (don't think they'll be anywhere close to getting relegated though!)

They also have pretty much the worst top level boss needed for rebuilding a top 6 side on a relative shoestring aswell.

Let's hope so. I hope the new stadium is a huge millstone around their neck they'll regret for the next 25 years. 

The new stadium  couldnt have come at a worse time for them. The amount of money they are losing...

But id say they now have a good chance if getting cl with kane and son back if season gets completed.  They need cl this year simple as that 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The new stadium  couldnt have come at a worse time for them. The amount of money they are losing...

But id say they now have a good chance if getting cl with kane and son back if season gets completed.  They need cl this year simple as that 

Couldn’t have happened to a bigger bunch of arseholes!

The club, their players, their fans, the owners...

Bunch of Representatives for Wellingborough... Seeing them circle the drain would make my year!

• Like 1

7 points off with 8 games left, assume arsenal lose their game in hand (man City) that leaves Chelsea to overtake and utd, wolves and sheff utd in front of them

Still have games vs utd, Sheffield utd, Everton, arsenal and leicester

Will be tough and improbable but it's doable

They need to win a trophy more although of course CL is going to be really important for their finances in next 5 years.

You only have to look at Arsenal though. Moved to the Emirates when they still had likes of Henry and Pires playing for them and had just reached a CL final (like Spurs funnily enough). Their fans were told this was the final step they needed to become huge player in european terms yet over a decade on it's been admitted the cost of paying the stadium meant they had to sell key players pretty much every summer. Henry, Van Persie, Fabregas, Adebayor , Song and Hleb were all sold within five years of them moving to the Emirates and that stigma remains.

It also took Arsenal eight years to win a trophy whereas they'd been winning them for fun in the last decade of Highbury so again that chips away at the self-esteem and makes the fans question if the move was really worth it (not that Highbury could've been extended much).

Can see history repeating a bit at Spurs, would be surprised if Harry Kane is still there in 18 months time and Son might also want to try his luck in another league. Likes of Vertonghen and Lloris past their best aswell so defence needs to be rebuild as I don't rate the others they have in there like Aurier, Sanchez and Foyth.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They need to win a trophy more although of course CL is going to be really important for their finances in next 5 years.

You only have to look at Arsenal though. Moved to the Emirates when they still had likes of Henry and Pires playing for them and had just reached a CL final (like Spurs funnily enough). Their fans were told this was the final step they needed to become huge player in european terms yet over a decade on it's been admitted the cost of paying the stadium meant they had to sell key players pretty much every summer. Henry, Van Persie, Fabregas, Adebayor , Song and Hleb were all sold within five years of them moving to the Emirates and that stigma remains.

It also took Arsenal eight years to win a trophy whereas they'd been winning them for fun in the last decade of Highbury so again that chips away at the self-esteem and makes the fans question if the move was really worth it (not that Highbury could've been extended much).

Can see history repeating a bit at Spurs, would be surprised if Harry Kane is still there in 18 months time and Son might also want to try his luck in another league. Likes of Vertonghen and Lloris past their best aswell so defence needs to be rebuild as I don't rate the others they have in there like Aurier, Sanchez and Foyth.

If that happens i expect Mourinho to do everything he can to get sacked when money dries up and things start going pear shaped 

• 5 weeks later...

Seen Kane in a few games before the injury and he seems to be dropping much deeper. Will still score goals but I'd be amazed if he's still at Spurs in 12 months.

Bar them having a fantastic end of season they're not going to be in champions league next season and they'll need some money from all they've lost from cancelled events from the new stadium so just seems an obvious sale to me seeing as he's 27 and is likely to win less medals than Shearer if he stays there.

Probably will be talk of Manchester clubs but my outsider would be Juventus if Pochettino ends up there with Ronaldo 35 now.

Â