VillaGoMarching

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

As said before has been a quietness from the media for this and Kyle Walker compared to how Grealish got treated. He probably did less than the other 2 and has nowhere near the experience or the media profile

There's something interesting with Grealish where the press and other clubs really love to hate him.

I think a lot of it is they don't like Villa having a player that good.

Leicester as an example, they won the league the year we went down. Why would they care about us? Why do they care about Grealish? They absolutely hate him.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

There's something interesting with Grealish where the press and other clubs really love to hate him.

Leicester as an example, they won the league the year we went down. Why would they care about us? Why do they care about Grealish? They absolutely hate him.

I dont really get it either, can understand it from rival clubs and Ireland fans,  but before this instance he did nothing really that was offensive. He got pissed once on holidays at 19.

Except for that the media and rival fans have certainly had it in for him, go to Twitter or Facebook when some journalist tweets something positive about him, comments are just hate. I wonder if its a Birmingham thing(not the excuse of a football club) that the media are not happy somebody not from London or playing for Manchester/Liverpool are actually good 

Grealish also went on social media just hours before he then went on and totally ignored what he had urged people to do. The hypocrisy makes it worse.

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

Grealish also went on social media just hours before he then went on and totally ignored what he had urged people to do. The hypocrisy makes it worse.

Oh yeah, I'm gutted he's been such a dick.

But he was getting huge boos in every game v anyone outside the top 6. Jealously I'm sure of it. Makes me laugh.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

But he was getting huge boos in every game v anyone outside the top 6. Jealously I'm sure of it. Makes me laugh.

Don't underestimate the impact the hair and shin pads has on middle aged men with anger issues

Then you throw in him getting absolutely battered most weeks but being "soft" I think he has a tenancy to win infuriating free kicks but the anger is misplaced on to grealish rather than the stupidity of their own player

Then theres the fact that he's an absolutely brilliant player

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's a good player who's skilled at drawing fouls from the opponents. He's also a bit of a pretty boy. Of course fans from other teams dislike him and boo him.

If this had been say Hourihane it wouldn't have been made such a big deal. But I don't think Pierce Morgan picked on Grealish because of jealousy or his style of play.

Grealish effed up and is rightly getting called out for it imo.

1 minute ago, sne said:

He's a good player who's skilled at drawing fouls from the opponents. He's also a bit of a pretty boy. Of course fans from other teams dislike him and boo him.

If this had been say Hourihane it wouldn't have been made such a big deal. But I don't think Pierce Morgan picked on Grealish because of jealousy or his style of play.

Grealish effed up and is rightly getting called out for it imo.

the point is Morgan and the media arent aggressively calling out Walker and Jose for doing worse

both have much higher profiles

Edited by Zatman

Just now, Zatman said:

the point is Morgan and the media arent aggressively calling out Walker and Jose for doing worse

Worse or similar, for all we know Grealish might have been full on George Michael behind the wheel. 

Walker seem to be banned for life from the national side by Southgate and what's happening to Mou remains to be seen. Probably nothing, just like with Grealish.

Grealish was one of the first big ones also which I'm sure played a part. 

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

both have much higher profiles

Morgan's came about after having a discussion about Labour MP Kinnock driving from London to South Wales to see his dad on his birthday. Maybe because it was the first incident of a footballer disrespecting the rules, and nothing to do with it being Jack Grealish or Villa

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Worse or similar, for all we know Grealish might have been full on George Michael behind the wheel. 

Walker seem to be banned for life from the national side by Southgate and what's happening to Mou remains to be seen. Probably nothing, just like with Grealish.

Grealish was one of the first big ones also which I'm sure played a part. 

He deserves a pillaring and got it, and will no doubt continue to get it for the rest of his career bearing in mind people still talk about his being pissed from 5 years ago. I doubt this stuff with Walker/Mourinho will get brought up in six months.

My general point is 

35 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

...irrelevant of the rona.

However, the point you made was very much rona related so I probably shouldn't have brought it up here, in the wrong thread :D

Isolation getting to me.

The biggest scandal about Kyle Walker is the lack of discretion from the hooker! 

I thought that was one of the key traits of the job. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

The biggest scandal about Kyle Walker is the lack of discretion from the hooker! 

I thought that was one of the key traits of the job. 

Yeah, I thought that as well . . . surely torched her own future career as well. I would have assumed (especially around Manchester) that footballers are a fair chunk of the client base.

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, I thought that as well . . . surely torched her own future career as well. I would have assumed (especially around Manchester) that footballers are a fair chunk of the client base.

Maybe hoping to sell her story to The Sun and make a "career" that way?

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The one who slept with Rooney years ago still dines out on it and has written a book!

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think spurs could have some serious financial difficulties.  No cl, this coronavirus and the new stadium costing a fortune.

Is talk of them being open to sell Kane, but they re supposedly asking £230m or something like that so won't happen as no club will pay that kind of money now and since it's cash they need a player + cash deal won't help them much.

Â