VillaGoMarching

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd put money on them improving while Kane is out

In all competitions, Tottenham has won just two of their last 12 games in which Harry Kane has played no part (D4 L6), failing to win any of their four such matches this term (D3 L1).

2 hours ago, Genie said:

In all competitions, Tottenham has won just two of their last 12 games in which Harry Kane has played no part (D4 L6), failing to win any of their four such matches this term (D3 L1).

Easy money

• Like 1

Their away form hasn't improved. Were incredibly lucky to win at Wolves and nearly blew a 3 goal lead at West Ham. 1 point at Norwich and Southampton is more their standard this season.

Before today's horror show I'd have been disappointed if they come to Villa Park and stroll to a victory but then we don't seem to believe we should even grace the pitch v these "top" teams so no doubt we'll let Dele and Son run riot.

Thought for last few years Mourinho seems to be morphing more and more into Wenger in his last five seasons at Arsenal. Banging on about his past achievements constantly while younger more progressive types do the league title winning stuff (he's only won one league title since 2012) and his actual big game record has got much worse since he left Chelsea, early defeats in CL and regularly losing now to likes of Liverpool which simply didn't happen at Chelsea.

He was very good up to 2015 but seems to have lost that 10% since winning the title at Chelsea. Man. United were always underwhelming for all the millions they spent under him.

They've hit the end of cycle in terms of players. Many have become stale, but I also think the salary structure they have has hit its limits. When you're a top quality player like Erickson and see that Lingard is earning like £100k more than you, guaranteed, it must irk a little bit. They've also not made enough funds available to invest and grow the squad.

They decided to get rid of one of the best coaches in the world and bring in a manager who is beyond his prime. Not very well managed from the widely admired Levy, no longer the man with the Midas touch.

• Like 1

Sacking the manager was a stupid knee jerk reaction, they need Champions League football to be able to pay off their stadium debt. 

I still think Levy’s done a pretty amazing job there though. We were on a par with them about 10 years ago, both finishing around the top 6 and trying to break into the top 4.

Spurs managed to do it, even making a Champions League final, whilst building a new mega stadium and keeping a wage structure that was lower than some Championship clubs.

Meanwhile we imploded, had massive debts and were close to being wound up by the tax office. 

• Like 4

Team needed recycling but they never did it. That 18 months not making a signing put them back as they needed fresh blood. Someof punts havent worked like Foyth or Sanchez and not keeping Llorente was strange, more than capable backup

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

They've hit the end of cycle in terms of players. Many have become stale, but I also think the salary structure they have has hit its limits. When you're a top quality player like Erickson and see that Lingard is earning like £100k more than you, guaranteed, it must irk a little bit. They've also not made enough funds available to invest and grow the squad.

They decided to get rid of one of the best coaches in the world and bring in a manager who is beyond his prime. Not very well managed from the widely admired Levy, no longer the man with the Midas touch.

Napoli are very similar in Italy. Still got likes of Koulibaly, Allan, Insigne and Mertens but they've all been s*** this season and Gattuso was just a hilariously bad choice. Bottom half now and below AC Milan which takes some doing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Team needed recycling but they never did it. That 18 months not making a signing put them back as they needed fresh blood. Someof punts havent worked like Foyth or Sanchez and not keeping Llorente was strange, more than capable backup

I’m guessing the outlay on the new stadium would be the reason why that hasn’t happened. 

people will point the finger at Jose but Spurs were broken long before he came in. A lot of the players have mentally given up and the Ajax game last year was the last time they were a team. People having a pop at us but Spurs havent played a recognised striker a number of times this season

• 2 weeks later...

That tool Levy, again.

Mauricio Pochettino was left fuming after Daniel Levy agreed a £10million Tottenham deal with Amazon to record a fly-on-the-wall documentary for this season, Football Insider understands...

...The Argentine felt the cameras were intrusive and “blew his top” when it emerged that some were to be fixed in his office on a full-time basis.

Pochettino felt like he was being “spied” upon by the documentary makers and that Levy had gone too far in granting access to areas that should be sacrosanct...

Incomprehensible that any management figure, in any occupation, would behave in this way to his/her staff.  Ever.  If you ever work for such a person, leave, asap.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/01/2020 at 09:17, Dr_Pangloss said:

They decided to get rid of one of the best coaches in the world

happy joy GIF

Top coaches win stuff, best in world dominate. Poch has done neither of those and really shouldn’t be part of any discussion about best in the world.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

Top coaches win stuff, best in world dominate. Poch has done neither of those and really shouldn’t be part of any discussion about best in the world.

we'll see when he lands at his next club, barca have appointed a new manager (albeit poch kind of ruled himself out with the Espanyol stuff) Bayern have a caretaker manager, if they don't get CL Dortmund could pull the plug on favre, utd are plodding along with ole, Napoli and lyon are both having poor seasons and there will no doubt be a shake up post euros

I don't think he will land at a club at the top table

allegri is still floating about somewhere too, a man who has won things

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

we'll see when he lands at his next club, barca have appointed a new manager (albeit poch kind of ruled himself out with the Espanyol stuff) Bayern have a caretaker manager, if they don't get CL Dortmund could pull the plug on favre, utd are plodding along with ole, Napoli and lyon are both having poor seasons and there will no doubt be a shake up post euros

I don't think he will land at a club at the top table

allegri is still floating about somewhere too, a man who has won things

I think that one of the big boys will probably take a chance on him despite him doing little to justify it imo. He looks the part, and talks a good game but has yet not done anything of note to suggest he's an elite coach. The next job is the really important as he could become the next Andre Villas Boas (but without the CL trophy...).

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Too easy to be black and white over things like this.  When Pochettino gets his next job, it will be at a top club.  Surely they'd only go for "top" coaches?

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Too easy to be black and white over things like this.  When Pochettino gets his next job, it will be at a top club.  Surely they'd only go for "top" coaches?

As I said, I think someone will take a chance on him because we’ve seen it all before. His record doesn’t say “top coach” so he wouldn’t be getting it on merit. It would be like a big club taking a punt on a youngster.

Â