VillaGoMarching

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

He’ll be gone way before then

I think so too but I was hedging my bets

• Haha 1

Big Flange. 

The bunkum he comes out with man. A very incomplete coach.

A general comment on Spurs: Paratici is signing them some excellent players.

• Like 1

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

The question is, will he walk or get sacked? 

Oh he's getting sacked. No doubt. 

Not only can they not defend. They don't even try.

i dont think i have ever seen a manager so unhappy to finish 5th (when 5th is a perfectly reasonable achievement - tbh, 5th would have been good for them or us at the start of the season).

its just weird tbh, its so contrived it almost seems fake, but he clearly is having all these childish hissy fits, its wacky.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Nobody ever walks

Unless it's right into another job.

Who was the last manager to resign because they were doing a poor job? I can't remember anyone since Keegan.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i dont think i have ever seen a manager so unhappy to finish 5th (when 5th is a perfectly reasonable achievement - tbh, 5th would have been good for them or us at the start of the season).

its just weird tbh, its so contrived it almost seems fake, but he clearly is having all these childish hissy fits, its wacky.

He's oddly very conceited. Always Seems to want to make a spectacle about what he thinks or believes. Seems odd for someone whose CV isn't exactly barnstorming. You would think he was revolutionising the game the way he carries himself in press conferences.

• Like 3

Ange is an odd character. The press ask him about what he thinks of Spurs fans wanting to lose and he turns into some patronising grumpy child.

Micah Richards asks him the same thing and he's nice as pie.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

He's oddly very conceited. Always Seems to want to make a spectacle about what he thinks or believes. Seems odd for someone whose CV isn't exactly barnstorming. You would think he was revolutionising the game the way he carries himself in press conferences.

I find him the opposite actually, he seems to have little media training so is quite honest and the media and social media love his soundbites

Just now, Zatman said:

I find him the opposite actually, he seems to have little media training so is quite honest and the media and social media love his soundbites

He's been a manager for over 20 years, even without any training he'll know how you're meant to deal with the media. He seems just as happy to give soundbites himself.

But it's not even about the media training, he's often just rude to reporters for no reason. Like nobody is being unfair on Tottenham Ange, you guys are not that important. Prickly for no reason.

• Like 1

On 15/05/2024 at 15:41, RichW said:

Ange Postecoglou has made Spurs a much more enjoyable watch compared to the previous years. Media went overboard with him after the first ten games, always thought their style of play wasn't sustainable over 38 games and seasons are a marathon not a sprint.  

They have been a much more enjoyable watch. Their match against Newcastle away in particular.

On 15/05/2024 at 21:41, JPJCB said:

Can we take a second to remember these quotes from esteemed pundit Jermaine Jenas in November after we beat spurs 2-1:

“No-one is looking at his team now and thinking 'this is Spurs', because they are so depleted - and I am still confident about their chances of making the top four when they get their players fit.

I certainly think they will finish above Villa, who I did not think were that impressive on Sunday - they played against a second-string Spurs side and only just got over the line“

I hope he trips over a sprinkler in his presumably massive garden.

15 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Big Flange. 

The bunkum he comes out with man. A very incomplete coach.

A general comment on Spurs: Paratici is signing them some excellent players.

He resigned last April after getting caught up in another Juventus scandal. 

He says Tuesday night was the worst managerial experience of his life.

Well, you've got another season at Spurs ahead of you, plenty of time to change that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He's a bad loser; petulant, bullying, defensive and angry.

If I were a Spurs fan I'd be delighted about that, it puts him in the same group as most of the other successful managers in this country over the last twenty or thirty years.

• Like 1

I’d be more worried (as a Spurs fan) if he was fine or content with fans wanting to lose the City game.

He is rightly annoyed about it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He resigned last April after getting caught up in another Juventus scandal. 

And yet, he's still behind all their first team signings.

Like everyone Juve, he doesn't care about rules.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Haha 1

Â