VillaGoMarching

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

As said in the Cash thread the fans are clueless since Spurs is mainly a Jewish club

Obviously there is a real connection between the club and London's Jewish community but it is not and never has been 'mainly a Jewish club' IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Have Spurs fans not considered that maybe it's the intensity they play with that is contributing to them having so many injuries?

It is, same as Newcastle and Brighton, they all have lots of injuries to first team players due to that.  

We play low intensity, which is not causing our players to drop like flies.  Our injuries have all been for other reasons, two unlucky ACL injuries, a hamstring from last season, and a broken foot from international duty.

Newcastle, Spurs and Brighton will all burn out, we only have to worry about united for 4th 😉 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

It is, same as Newcastle and Brighton, they all have lots of injuries to first team players due to that.  

We play low intensity, which is not causing our players to drop like flies.  Our injuries have all been for other reasons, two unlucky ACL injuries, a hamstring from last season, and a broken foot from international duty.

Newcastle, Spurs and Brighton will all burn out, we only have to worry about united for 4th 😉 

It’s Bielsa all over again. High intensity, heavy metal football looks great at the start of the season, but it’s a strategic choice by the manager which inevitably means burning players out. Need a very deep squad to sustain it throughout a season.

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Obviously there is a real connection between the club and London's Jewish community but it is not and never has been 'mainly a Jewish club' IMO.

This has made me wonder again about the Spurs "Yid army" chant - i wonder how many non-Jewish Spurs fans sing it and whether there's a feeling it's about Spursiness more than Jewishness. 

Remember when the league decided they didn't like it and threatened Tottenham with sanctions, then forgot?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It was a standard yellow card tackle. If Bentancur hadn't been injured none of them would even be mentioning it.

I'd feel far worse for Bentancur if their fans weren't being such words removed about it

They wouldn't have cared if it were Ben Davies or something.

They should be mad at their manager for throwing him into a full match where he couldn't withstand a single late challenge without breaking down again.

10 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Man City (a), West Ham (h), Newcastle (h) 

I reckon they lose six on the bounce and suddenly the Angeball revolution doesn't look so perfect. 

Man City (A) - L

West Ham (H) - W

Newcastle (H) - D

Nottingham Forest (A) - W

Everton (H) - W

Brighton (A) - L

10 points out of 18 should keep them bobbing around 6th.

Edited by ender4

21 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Man City (A) - L

West Ham (H) - W

Newcastle (H) - D

Nottingham Forest (A) - W

Everton (H) - W

10 points out of 18 should keep them bobbing around 6th.

I fancy West Ham and Forest to get at least draws as they will both make the game difficult and wait for counter attacks (like Wolves did). So I would go 5/6 points from those games.

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Absolute melts. 

Their run out music is changing starting with the next home game.

Can you guess which Roy Orbison tune it is?

😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

This has made me wonder again about the Spurs "Yid army" chant - i wonder how many non-Jewish Spurs fans sing it and whether there's a feeling it's about Spursiness more than Jewishness. 

Remember when the league decided they didn't like it and threatened Tottenham with sanctions, then forgot?

And the opposition can't sing anything with that word in... double standards really

I've never known anything like this reaction from the Spurs fans about the tackle, they should all be embarrassed.  Social media, radio phone in's, newspaper articles whatever-it's all the same.

There isn't one of them that can accept it was only a yellow card, they think he should be banned forever.  Even a couple of reasonable Spurs fans I know aren't having it-I've had to explain to them that Wesley didn't even get a free kick when Ben Mee pretty much ended his career but 'it's not the same'.

Â