VillaGoMarching

Spurs will depend on what they do in January and how quickly their injured players come back. Bissouma out until early Feb (prob has another red in him later this season), Sarr out for AFCON too,  Son out for Asia cup. Romero guaranteed to get multiple bans for more red cards this season.

They will be there or thereabouts this season though as could easily streak a winning run when everyone is fit and available.

Think they are having a great season so far, all things considered. 33 points after 17 must be more than they expected after cashing in on Kane, hiring a relatively "unproven" manager new to the league and then having quite a few important players injured. Anyone thinking they should do better than they are is dreaming.

So what if the media has a love-fest with a London club, again. I'd happily have us performing even better than them and the media not really sure how to act about it.

• Like 2

I still cannot see the amazement of Spurs or the limited Ange from the media, please if anyone knows what it's all about, let me know. A few wins against a poor Forest, a decimated Newcastle, damm they even lost against Wet Spam, but apparently they are back in the title race. 🥱

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

Think they are having a great season so far, all things considered. 33 points after 17 must be more than they expected after cashing in on Kane, hiring a relatively "unproven" manager new to the league and then having quite a few important players injured. Anyone thinking they should do better than they are is dreaming.

So what if the media has a love-fest with a London club, again. I'd happily have us performing even better than them and the media not really sure how to act about it.

The media seem to have a love-fest with us after the Man City Arsenal results. 

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

They’re annoyingly good. If we finish above Spurs, we’ll be playing CL football next season. 

I thought they were pretty average last night, but held out for the win (mainly because Forest haven't got anyone who can hit the target). They may well stutter again in the next 6-7 games with the suspension to Bissouma, players going away to AFCON, Asian Cup etc. If they're still in the mix in February I'll take them more seriously.

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I still cannot see the amazement of Spurs or the limited Ange from the media, please if anyone knows what it's all about, let me know. A few wins against a poor Forest, a decimated Newcastle, damm they even lost against Wet Spam, but apparently they are back in the title race. 🥱

There are a lot of Spurs supporters in the media (seems that way at least) and they have a pretty big global following, so it doesn't take much to start the hype train back up!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LondonLax said:

They will be in the mix for top 4. 

Thing about this season is hardly anyone is drawing games.

Newcastle not drawn a game at home all season so they're in the mix.

People wondering why Man. United are so high up despite 7 defeats already, 0 draws all season.

Spurs haven't drawn at home all season either.

I think that's the difference under Emery aswell. So many other seasons we'd have been content with a 1-1 at home to Palace or at Spurs after falling behind. Or a 0-0 at Chelsea. Instead we've really pushed to win these games so that negates the odd disappointing loss to Forest.

Brighton are one of those you feel should be higher in the table but they've had a few disappointing 1-1s in last two months so they've fallen off the pace a bit.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ender4 said:

They only have 2 PL games in January due to FA Cup and winter break. 

They'll miss him and Bissouma for Man. United away that's for sure. That should be a winnable game for Spurs but without those two Man. United will be putting out a better 11 (and might have new manager bounce). Of course Maddison and Van De Ven could be available but they'll both be lacking match fitness after two months out.

Everton away will be another tricky one for Spurs if those two aren't back from international tournaments aswell.

10 hours ago, LondonLax said:

The media seem to have a love-fest with us after the Man City Arsenal results. 

Not that I care either way but it's not as bad as it is with Spurs.

Neville is now championing Ange for the City job. I like the guy but the media crap is understandably nauseating

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Deal agreed for Timo Werner. Think its a good signing for them. 

If Manure signed him as was suggested they were interested, but had to offload players first, everyone would be like lol Werner, Manure in the mud AGAIN but because he's gone to Spurs it's a good signing? Nah not buying it

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

If Manure signed him as was suggested they were interested, but had to offload players first, everyone would be like lol Werner, Manure in the mud AGAIN but because he's gone to Spurs it's a good signing? Nah not buying it

So your suggesting I can't make my own mind up on if I think he'll do okay? I didn't even realise Utd had been linked. 

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I'd have liked him at Villa. 

His goal record in the last 4 seasons is 6, 4, 9 and 2.

Bailey is a much superior wide forward

Â