VillaGoMarching

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

His goal record in the last 4 seasons is 6, 4, 9 and 2.

Bailey is a much superior wide forward

Have you considered.... You have your main striker/CF that scores, say 20 goals a season. Do you surround them with players that just feed them or would you bring in several players that might contribute 5-10 goals a season to supplement the team. You don't need multiple CF's that score 20 goals. 

I think it could be a smart move. It's another option for a side that has one outstanding goalscorer in Son and several 5-10 goals in the players around him. Very much like us with Ollie. 

38 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Have you considered.... You have your main striker/CF that scores, say 20 goals a season. Do you surround them with players that just feed them or would you bring in several players that might contribute 5-10 goals a season to supplement the team. You don't need multiple CF's that score 20 goals. 

I think it could be a smart move. It's another option for a side that has one outstanding goalscorer in Son and several 5-10 goals in the players around him. Very much like us with Ollie. 

I have watched him play many times to realise he isnt that player, I would rather use our current options. If Raheem Sterling was German he would be Timo Werner

He doesnt score that much and his assists arent off the charts either. His xg at Chelsea was dreadful

Just now, Zatman said:

I have watched him play many times to realise he isnt that player, I would rather use our current options. If Raheem Sterling was German he would be Timo Werner

He doesnt score that much and his assists arent off the charts either. His xg at Chelsea was dreadful

He hasn't signed for us so I don't see the point in discussing whether we have better options. 

I think Spurs with the way they play will get more out of him. We'll see though because I may be wrong.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

His goal record in the last 4 seasons is 6, 4, 9 and 2.

Bailey is a much superior wide forward

I was thinking as a backup to Watkins being as we haven't got one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I was thinking as a backup to Watkins being as we haven't got one. 

Rather Duran if honest. Duran has the same amount of goals in fewer minutes in the league this season

• Haha 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Rather Duran if honest. Duran has the same amount of goals in fewer minutes in the league this season

Very small sample size. Warner had a great record at Leipzig in his first spell. I would back Emery to get him going but he's gone to spurs and given them another option. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Very small sample size. Warner had a great record at Leipzig in his first spell. I would back Emery to get him going but he's gone to spurs and given them another option. 

He was hopeless at Chelsea working under Tuchel who is on the same level of coach as Unai

His last double figures season we were a Championship club

I think it was kiwi who summed it up in the other transfer thread 

If we signed him people would go mad about him not being good enough and us losing 4th to Spurs 

Spurs sign him and people go mad about him being something that he's not and us losing 4th to Spurs 

He's ok at best, he'll do very well to get 5 goals there, he's not the difference between us and them 

• Like 3

They took on Danjuma last season in January didnt they ? He is cover for Son / freshening things up for rotation. 

Theyve got Veliz Solomon Johnson Richarlison Gil Son as senior forwards with another 3 youngsters in reserve. 

We have Watkins Zaniolo Bailey Diaby Traore  and  Duran and are playing an extra competition. 

Would love to strengthen but we dont have the same financial strength as Spurs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

They took on Danjuma last season in January didnt they ? He is cover for Son / freshening things up for rotation. 

Theyve got Veliz Solomon Johnson Richarlison Gil Son as senior forwards with another 3 youngsters in reserve. 

We have Watkins Zaniolo Bailey Diaby Traore  and  Duran and are playing an extra competition. 

Really?

We have the finances, we just can't due to FFP regs, an trying to be a bit more susutainable.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Really?

We have the finances, we just can't due to FFP regs, an trying to be a bit more susutainable.

Probably means we don't have Spurs financial strength in terms of gate receipts and sponsorship which we're probably miles behind. FFP wise Spurs probably strongest in PL about now with Kane money not all spent?

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Veliz just been ruled out for 2 months. Solomon's been out injured too.

8 hours ago, duke313 said:

Does Jhon Duran not exist to you?

Yes of course but I'm not sure he's ready to be a direct replacement for Watkins if Watkins got injured. 

Seems Eric Dyer's form has dropped off a cliff, can't get a game under Ange, an now being signed by Bayern. Funny really, seems like another player not completely focused, although being that his besties are Deli Ali and Lingard, it may start to become a bit clearer.

Edited by foreveryoung

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes of course but I'm not sure he's ready to be a direct replacement for Watkins if Watkins got injured. 

We have Bailey and Diaby. They're barely much different than type of player Werner is. Just better. People keep using term striker like old fashioned centre forward. They barely exist in PL

41 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We have Bailey and Diaby. They're barely much different than type of player Werner is. Just better. People keep using term striker like old fashioned centre forward. They barely exist in PL

Yeah, they barely exist.  Haaland, Watkins, Isak, Solanke, Pedro, Hojlund, Wilson, Jimenez, Edouard, Awoniyi, Toney, Calvert-Lewin - they're just not things anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â