Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Just now, sidcow said:

Did he wink at you at the same time? 

He caught a glimpse of my card wallet and realised I was an alpha male. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, bickster said:

Lidl grass fed steaks - as good as any you'll find in the majors

I'd go as far as saying the grass fed thick cut ribeye & fillet are better than anything I've had at a fancy steakhouse. 

• Like 1

Got the bus for the first time in a long time this morning. Get on, everything is pleasant enough, sit down and relax. I'm thinking that this isn't too bad, and I should do it more often.

Next stop, there's this old boy furiously puffing on a cigarette to get as many drags in as possible before he has to get on the bus. First thing that annoys me is that he just discarded his half smoked fag without a care in the world. He gets on the bus and he absolutely stinks of cigarettes. It makes me wretch. I then have to put up with the smell for the next 30 minutes as he's sat behind me. It made me irrationality angry, I'm still frothing at the mouth now. It's not a rant against smoking, but more how much it stinks, and that it really annoys me!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Xela said:

I went to the Mozzos hot food counter recently and asked for 9 nuggets and chips. The lad put about 20 nuggets in my box (kw) and a double portion of chips. 

For that reason alone, i will not say a bad word about them! 

They do a make your own pizza section as well which is a very cheap but nice alternative to a takeaway

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

What by my reckoning was one of my best ever posts, and it's an incredibly high bar, got no reactions whatsoever. Wasted talent.

Come on the. Which one? The canapé? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

What by my reckoning was one of my best ever posts, and it's an incredibly high bar, got no reactions whatsoever. Wasted talent.

I was pretty pleased with my post about @bickster holding on whilst the tide was high, but nothing.

tumbleweed-yixing.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Come on the. Which one? The canapé? 

There's still a chance the page in question will see some traffic in the coming days and I'll reap my deserved rewards of internet points, ,but I already don't trust anyone to get it anymore.

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

People who send screenshots of the photo in their photo album… why screenshot it when it’s already in your photo album?!?!? Just send me the original image!!!

Not sure what circumstances you're referring to, but I usually do it with photos for VT, because the original is too big for the site. I used to compress and/or crop them, but I found that an easier quick-and-dirty way is to use a screenshot, as it's lower resolution. 

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Not sure what circumstances you're referring to, but I usually do it with photos for VT, because the original is too big for the site. I used to compress and/or crop them, but I found that an easier quick-and-dirty way is to use a screenshot, as it's lower resolution. 

It’s a general circumstance thing. Generally from the non tech savvy people. Not knowing they can send the original image, so they screenshot their photo album. Sometimes with funny outcomes of them accidentally exposing other images in their album

13 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s a general circumstance thing. Generally from the non tech savvy people. Not knowing they can send the original image, so they screenshot their photo album. Sometimes with funny outcomes of them accidentally exposing other images in their album

dick pic, dick pic, dick pic, here's that courgetti recipe you wanted, dick pic, dick pic

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Remember fish and chip shops when you were a bin - lid, and that thing they used sell and call "Scallop," but in fact, was nothing more than a big flat round battered chip?

We used to have a scallop bap at school lunch time from the local chippy, 50p.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

We used to have a scallop bap at school lunch time from the local chippy, 50p.

Always the option when you couldn't afford chips.

Another thing I hated was opening your chips by ripping one of the ends of the wrapping off. Dirty hands and smudge chips. Oh! To be young again. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Always the option when you couldn't afford chips.

Another thing I hated was opening your chips by ripping one of the ends of the wrapping off. Dirty hands and smudge chips. Oh! To be young again. 

How do you eat chips if you don't tear the end off? You can't just unroll it you monster! 

4 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

How do you eat chips if you don't tear the end off? You can't just unroll it you monster! 

The civilised way would be to unwrap them methodically, but such was the hunger and impulsiveness, just tear off the end. Especially if you had been swimming, remember how hungry you were after swimming? Etiquette went out the window. 

• Like 1

Â