Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

30 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I actually managed to catch the parcelforce guy once, sticking the ‘you were out’ card through the letterbox.

I was working from home and had the inner porch door open and could see the outer door from where I was sat. He walked across the garden from next door and popped a ‘you were out’ card straight in the letterbox. Then did this sort of comedy double take as he realised I was sat there looking at him.

Yeah I did this before a while ago because we were constantly getting "you were out" cards from Royal Mail when we were in.

Caught him red handed and his excuse was "I came earlier with the parcels and you weren't in, I'm just coming round a second time with the slips for everyone that wasn't in"

Total bullshit

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I did this before a while ago because we were constantly getting "you were out" cards from Royal Mail when we were in.

Caught him red handed and his excuse was "I came earlier with the parcels and you weren't in, I'm just coming round a second time with the slips for everyone that wasn't in"

Total bullshit

I don't get it. Isn't it easier just to knock and wait 20 seconds to try and get rid of the parcel rather than filling in the slip and having to take the parcel back to the depot or wherever?

Ben Foster's podcast. I watched a few episodes, it was great, he's a really positive infectious guy.

I watched a few more - God that guy is annoying. Everyone is a "legend" everything is "brilliant" "amazing"... "what a guy" ..."top top guy"

Nobody is that bloody positive. I feel sorry for people who work with him.

55 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I don't get it. Isn't it easier just to knock and wait 20 seconds to try and get rid of the parcel rather than filling in the slip and having to take the parcel back to the depot or wherever?

This guy didn't even have the parcels. I'm guessing it saves them loading the parcels and they just have to carry slips.

Probably doesn't happen anymore, this was like 10 years ago

• Like 1

my partner ordered something 2 months ago. They on friday at 5.30 gets a message saying, "we're delivering it in 30 minutes". No prior warning whatsoever, and we were in London for the weekend. Just useless. We are still waiting another company to take back the wrongly delivered item - which even said on the sheet oak finish, and the box contained something painted bright white. 3 weeks and counting for those dipshits to correct their error. It might not be the delivery persons direct fault but somewhere along the line the basics of communication in this industry is just utterly non-existent and seems to easy to rectify. I do wonder how companies manage to be so incomprehensibly shit so often. 

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

the drivers  get paid a wage wage and then 20p a drop "bonus"  .. its possible that a drop doesn't necessarily have to be "successful"  , so they just want to knock as many doors as possible , rather than complete the delivery

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

the drivers  get paid a wage wage and then 20p a drop "bonus"  .. its possible that a drop doesn't necessarily have to be "successful"  , so they just want to knock as many doors as possible , rather than complete the delivery

The pay structure varies widely from company to company. What you've described certainly isn't how Amazon works. There are penalties for taking too long on each drop on Amazon, you get a ludicrously small temeframe to deliver to an address.

I know one bloke whose now on the cabs that had to deliver to an address in North Wales, the note on the job said, house is at the end of a small lane, it did not say and across a field. The delivery was a full patio set, 4 chairs a table and a parasol, 6 large boxes, by the time he delivered them, the penalties amounted to no pay for the day and not even money to cover his fuel.

• Shocked 1

45 minutes ago, bickster said:

There are penalties for taking too long on each drop on Amazon, you get a ludicrously small temeframe to deliver to an address.

Yep. Every single Amazon delivery now, they put it on the doorstep, ring the bell, and sprint back to the van. Sometimes I get to the door in time to see them. 

6 hours ago, Genie said:

We had a parcel delivered from Amazon on Saturday whilst we were out, the driver had gone round the side of the house, reached over the gate to unlock it, then opened a garden storage box and placed it in there. Then relocked the gate on his way out. I wasn’t happy about that. 

As a Postie, I will try a gate if there is no one in and see if there is somewhere in the back to leave a parcel, if its open. If its bolted, but I can unlock it I wouldn't do it as I do feel that's a bit intruding. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Total bullshit

Not Royal Mail but have had it happen a couple of times to me where I've been in and waiting for something with no chance I wouldn't hear the bell or a knock and a card had been left. 

That said I've also had people come out when they've seen the card, and not been happy and said why didn't I knock, when I always do at least twice. Once it happened, just after having been shouted at for knocking too hard, when both would have been roughly the same. 

I could only imagine doing so something like that though if I didn't have a pen/ran out earlier or no cards, but I'd still have the parcel so while I was there I'd try again anyway. 

39 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

As a Postie, I will try a gate if there is no one in and see if there is somewhere in the back to leave a parcel, if its open. If its bolted, but I can unlock it I wouldn't do it as I do feel that's a bit intruding. 

That’s my thought too. If it’s locked then don’t unlock it. Leave it with a neighbour or come back another day. This guy went a step further and went into a storage box (which has expensive power tools in it).

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm giving my car back in January and this is one of the main reasons. Costs me £100 to fill the tank now.

You getting a more economical one? 

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

You getting a more economical one? 

Yep. My money situation will change next year, despite my recent promotion (baby on the way and because of the weird situation I'll be paying 2 rents for a bit)

So I no longer have the excuse of excess disposable income to spend on a nice car.

I'll probably get a golf or something of a similar size.

• Like 1

Spam calls. 

Had 7 today so far. They've really ramped up. I block the number straight away but next call is from a number one digit different. 

I've had St Helens x3, Fareham x2, Wigan and Glossop today.

words removed. 

• Like 1

The missus watching housewives of Cheshire (yeah, I know !)....so I thought I'd give it 5 mins......christ almighty.....the most inane, vacuous crap I've ever seen (and I've watched sex lives of the potato men). I wouldn't mind if any of them were fit but they're haggard, botox riddled ol growlers married to rich blokes who surely must be having some on the side ?!?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

The missus watching housewives of Cheshire (yeah, I know !)....so I thought I'd give it 5 mins......christ almighty.....the most inane, vacuous crap I've ever seen (and I've watched sex lives of the potato men). I wouldn't mind if any of them were fit but they're haggard, botox riddled ol growlers married to rich blokes who surely must be having some on the side ?!?

Talking of botox, I've seen so many more women in town with it and/or other enhancements since the end of lockdown, especially in their 20s (I assume they are in their 20s, they could be 85 and had a particularly good treatment).  Of course women have the right to do what they want to their face but I find it a bit sad they feel the need to do it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Talking of botox, I've seen so many more women in town with it and/or other enhancements since the end of lockdown, especially in their 20s (I assume they are in their 20s, they could be 85 and had a particularly good treatment).  Of course women have the right to do what they want to their face but I find it a bit sad they feel the need to do it.

They’d rather look weird and unnatural than their age.

Â