Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

11 hours ago, Xela said:

Spam calls. 

Had 7 today so far. They've really ramped up. I block the number straight away but next call is from a number one digit different. 

I've had St Helens x3, Fareham x2, Wigan and Glossop today.

words removed. 

Luckily over here, iPhones and the phone companies now have finally got together and it will actually say "potential spam" on the caller ID. 

So the f*^kers have now started texting. About 5-10 spam texts per day. Give me a shotgun someone please.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Luckily over here, iPhones and the phone companies now have finally got together and it will actually say "potential spam" on the caller ID. 

So the f*^kers have now started texting. About 5-10 spam texts per day. Give me a shotgun someone please.

If you would just respond to me I wouldn't have to send so many!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Spam calls. 

Had 7 today so far. They've really ramped up. I block the number straight away but next call is from a number one digit different. 

I've had St Helens x3, Fareham x2, Wigan and Glossop today.

words removed. 

You can register mobiles for the Telephone Preference Service. Cuts out all but the illegally operating spam callers. It really has cut them down to the level of me being amused by playing them rather than being constant, which is annoying

• Like 2

On 15/11/2021 at 11:02, Paddywhack said:

I don't get it. Isn't it easier just to knock and wait 20 seconds to try and get rid of the parcel rather than filling in the slip and having to take the parcel back to the depot or wherever?

If they don't deliver, they take it back and it is put on their run again the following day 

20 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I like the spam calls about "my computer needs fixing" I always those by saying something like.Im glad you rang because I am trying to setup a raid system and I could use your advice.They always just hang up.

I always say I don't have one 

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

"I'm so stressed, I haven't got time to think, I've got so much on."

Maybe if you STFU and actually did it you wouldn't be stressed.

When I started working where I do, my boss had another bod and me working for him. He was always stressed like that. We'd say to him "Robin, we've got nothing to do" and he'd genuinely reply with "I'm too busy to give you anything to do". How the heck he ever made it to a managerial role , I'll never understand.

Talking bout Amazon, your right with the penalties. Most self employed get paid per delivery so don't want to bring nothing back, even if it means leaving it in a wheelie bin they will.

Amazon, worth billions pay peanuts and now don't want to pay Visa credit card fees, so will stop using them? I wonder what manager decided that, trying to get a bank to back down, will be interesting.

Government - Were going to build a high speed railway line

Press - Controversial plans to build high speed rail.   Waste of money.  Should invest in local services

Government - Were cancelling the high speed railway line and investing in local services 

Press - Controversial cancellation of railway line. Towns let down, Government should apologise.  Disgrace.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Press - Controversial plans to build high speed rail.   Waste of money.  Should invest in local services

Government - Were cancelling the high speed railway line and investing in local services 

Press - Controversial cancellation of railway line. Towns let down, Government should apologise.  Disgrace.

Did you see the news about the budget for refurbing Westminster Palace / Houses of commons increasing from £4bn to a forecasted £12bn maybe it the 2nd most expensive commercial construction project anywhere in the world in history? 

Nope... Everyone look at the train line... 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Not sure this is a completely accurate account of what the govt are doing!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Did you see the news about the budget for refurbing Westminster Palace / Houses of commons increasing from £4bn to a forecasted £12bn maybe it the 2nd most expensive commercial construction project anywhere in the world in history

Nope... Everyone look at the train line... 

What was the first?

34 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That big clock tower building in mecca

That building is **** huge... 

At least that was from scratch. This is just a refurb.

Presumably they're using the same contractors that made that briefing room at number 10 for over 2 million quid

Â