Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Does nobody else have a little book of passwords on the book shelf?

I do now. Changed all my passwords a month or so ago... different complex(ish) password for each site I use now. 

I had got into the habit of using the same password for loads of sites and had a few login breaches so had to change everything. 

Petrol prices.

Last 3 times I have been to the petrol station (always the same one). 154.8p, 158.8p and yesterday, 161.9p.

Thats over the last 4 weeks or so filling up with V-power petrol. 

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Does nobody else have a little book of passwords on the book shelf?

Don't be silly. 

It's in a drawer. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Petrol prices.

Last 3 times I have been to the petrol station (always the same one). 154.8p, 158.8p and yesterday, 161.9p.

Thats over the last 4 weeks or so filling up with V-power petrol. 

Yeah. I thought I was being clever only taking half a tank after the 'crisis' thinking prices would drop again, but they've actually continued to increase.  

I think the oil and gas nations have finally woken up to the the fact that they've only got a few more years of us buying their shit so they're cashing in whilst they can. 

The sooner we wean ourselves off oil and gas the better for the environment and the better of us I reckon.  I'm ready paying £50 a month now for gas and electric and presumably it will be a other £50 after April when the prices rise again. 

Suddenly the expense of Solar Panels and Air Source Heat Pumps looks more attractive. 

Let's face it, the prices are not going to go down to previous levels again are they. 

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah. I thought I was being clever only taking half a tank after the 'crisis' thinking prices would drop again, but they've actually continued to increase.  

I did try and tell you that the price rises weren't related to a temporary local supply issue

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think the oil and gas nations have finally woken up to the the fact that they've only got a few more years of us buying their shit so they're cashing in whilst they can. 

No, this is again is not what is happening, this is all down to increased demand from the lack of wind in Europe, its exactly the same as your gas and electricity bills at home going up

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I do now. Changed all my passwords a month or so ago... different complex(ish) password for each site I use now. 

I had got into the habit of using the same password for loads of sites and had a few login breaches so had to change everything. 

Use a password manager. I'm happy with the Google one, but Lastpass is good.

Use multifactor for any site that you care about.

• Like 3

My problem tends to be revisiting sites that I haven't been on for years, Microsoft last night I won't have been on since I set up by xbone maybe 7 or 8 years ago but messing about on the xbone last night meant I had to do it again (I was trying to set up the stream on my phone) 

The account is set up using an old email address and I couldn't remember the password, took me about an hour to do it, including the inevitable "you can't have that as your new password because it's the same as a previous one" 😂

I use the Google one on my newer stuff 

As I am into WW II I have done the tour of the Normandy landing beaches etc.The 2 american beaches ( Utah and Omaha )have kept the names,Utah and Omaha but the 2 English beaches and the Canadian beaches have reverted back to their original french names,why is that ?!

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

So just use it on Villatalk then? 

VT does support 2factor, but I'd recommend connecting your Google or twitter account to your profile and login using their multifactor.

Several times a month I have to deal with people who have not kept their email address up to date on here.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, limpid said:

VT does support 2factor, but I'd recommend connecting your Google or twitter account to your profile and login using their multifactor.

Several times a month I have to deal with people who have not kept their email address up to date on here.

I love that you respond to a random joke with actual advice. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

My wife and daughter said we should have a day together. I am up for that. The sneaky words removed have dragged me to The Hollybush. (local garden centre). 

Funnily enough, my parents said today they are going to the Hollybush garden centre soon. Is there just one or is it a chain of them?

Â