Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I don't bother putting out of office, cause if I do the idiots ****** phone me!!

I love when they call me on my holidays. Because then I get to tell them I'm on my holidays :D Cheers me up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I love when they call me on my holidays. Because then I get to tell them I'm on my holidays :D Cheers me up.

I love it when the Police call me at 4am

"Is there an imminent threat to life?"

"You could say that, the victim is deceased"

"It will wait until the morning then, bye"

it then goes a bit pear shaped sometimes because they throw in "The Coroner Card"

"The coroner won't take it lightly that you are impeding my investigation"

"Tell the coroner to phone me himself then because there's absolutely no way you're getting him out of bed at this time, bye"

When I did a short bout of contracting I got a call from a PM who'd read my OOO about being unavailable except for emergencies, but decided to call me with his relatively trivial concern that could definitely have waited 3 days. I still smile fondly thinking of the silence after I said "Is that it? This call has cost your project <my daily rate>". Good times.

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

Because I'll pick it up tomorrow

I work on a contract where most of my emails are from my "clients".  I don't notify them of holiday (sometimes I do), so I'm expected 9-5.

So out of office is necessary for me.

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I work on a contract where most of my emails are from my "clients".  I don't notify them of holiday (sometimes I do), so I'm expected 9-5.

So out of office is necessary for me.

What happens when you are out of office and they get an automated reply?

Just now, bickster said:

What happens when you are out of office and they get an automated reply?

They at least know not to expect an answer until the date my out of office says.  Then they can badger me some more.

Just now, lapal_fan said:

They at least know not to expect an answer until the date my out of office says.  Then they can badger me some more.

Any client that is that needy over half a day needs to have a life lesson

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

This.  My out of office goes along the lines of "Any emails received whilst I am out of office will be deleted.  Please contact me when I return.  Alternatively, if urgent, please contact...".  I don't actually delete the emails but it at least stops the dreaded full inbox when I'm back from Leave as people now take the hint not to email trivial things that can wait.  I do prepare myself for an influx of calls when back working though.  Thankfully,  the nominated person covering picks stuff up when I'm out :D . 

When I used to work in the office in a different role, my manager used to Email me all the time about crap that needed doing, as he didn't want to ask me directly. He also only used to send 1 Email and not chase me, I wouldn't mind but he was only in the next office, used to drive me mad. He could send a Email to me, then come in my office and chat to me about random! I actually worked out he did it so he had a paper trail to cover his arse if the big boys were chasing him, so he could say, "look I sent him the Email on this date, he hasn't done it yet"!

2 hours ago, bickster said:

But it will have to wait because you aren't there!

I leave someone else's details on my OoO so its down the client to contact them! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

The woman who posted this rejection letter online is getting a load of grief from people because of previously saying why don't people get a job in KFC or something, but I don't care about the back story. I just can't get over sending a rejection letter to job applicants filled with shit sub-VT-level puns:

FCJJPIfWEAMQcF8?format=jpg&name=900x900

(from: https://twitter.com/sophielouisecc/status/1450802560579817473

Give me a break, you're not giving someone a job, not doing a warm-up act at an old people's home Christmas party.

Should have replied:

Dear KFC

I've smothered your chicken in anthrax

Chick or treat. 

Best regards 

Sophie. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

I leave someone else's details on my OoO so its down the client to contact them! 

Me too. 

I leave a working level contact for issues that can’t wait till i’m back, and my boss for anything needing escalation.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

The woman who posted this rejection letter online is getting a load of grief from people because of previously saying why don't people get a job in KFC or something, but I don't care about the back story. I just can't get over sending a rejection letter to job applicants filled with shit sub-VT-level puns:

FCJJPIfWEAMQcF8?format=jpg&name=900x900

(from: https://twitter.com/sophielouisecc/status/1450802560579817473

Give me a break, you're not giving someone a job, not doing a warm-up act at an old people's home Christmas party.

I wouldn't mind that to be honest. It's better than, "sorry but your overqualified" or the like.

Reminds me when a Ex gf of mine had to do a project for a marketing company role. Took a week to do, gathering information and putting it all together to market a new product, which we thought was random. When she went to take it in, they gave her a 10 minute interview took her project and said they would get in touch. They never did, when my ex called up to check if she had been successful and for her project back, they said she hadn't got the job, but can they keep the project to send on to the company it was based on as it was very good??

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I wouldn't mind that to be honest. It's better than, "sorry but your overqualified" or the like.

Reminds me when a Ex gf of mine had to do a project for a marketing company role. Took a week to do, gathering information and putting it all together to market a new product, which we thought was random. When she went to take it in, they gave her a 10 minute interview took her project and said they would get in touch. They never did, when my ex called up to check if she had been successful and for her project back, they said she hadn't got the job, but can they keep the project to send on to the company it was based on as it was very good??

Think I'd have been trying to get a letter sent under a legal letterhead for that, absolutely screw that shit. 

Â