Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

29 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Hmm, I'm not sure. Money Heist is still absolutely massive too. It would be like you dressing up as Legolas and everyone thinking you were Daenarys.

I think it's the timing of it. The costumes would be pretty much exactly the same except for the mask and everybody has watched Squid game very recently, or know about it. 

Normally people would either know who you were or not know.

Now they'd either know who you were or wonder why someone had dressed as a squid game character with the wrong mask

There's a wanky independent specialty coffee place next to my office that looks like it's targeting pretentious coffee rocket polishers like me, and I'd give them my business, if it wasn't for the fact that they're closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, and don't open until 9 or 10 every other day of the week.

What the **** kind of hours are those for a city centre coffee shop?

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Hmm, I'm not sure. Money Heist is still absolutely massive too. It would be like you dressing up as Legolas and everyone thinking you were Daenarys.

tenor.gif?itemid=10287317

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There's a wanky independent specialty coffee place next to my office that looks like it's targeting pretentious coffee rocket polishers like me, and I'd give them my business, if it wasn't for the fact that they're closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, and don't open until 9 or 10 every other day of the week.

Does seem strange, as you'd imagine 7am-9am would be key time for a coffee shop in a city centre? 

28 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Which one is this pal?

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

This is the same mentality as Taxi Drivers who only work Mon to Fri 9am to 5am

I'm my own boss so I'll work when I want to not when there's a demand for my services / product.

EDIT: Should be 5pm obviously

1 hour ago, bickster said:

This is the same mentality as Taxi Drivers who only work Mon to Fri 9am to 5am

I'm my own boss so I'll work when I want to not when there's a demand for my services / product.

Long shift. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

They probably don't want office people polluting the vibe. They're waiting for the hipsters to roll out of bed. 

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool.

Why does it have to download and run on a fresh installation? Why?

Anyone mention Linux and you won't get invited to my party.

10 hours ago, Anthony said:

you think a Linux user would ever leave their mums house  , yet alone go to a party 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Anthony said:

Do you have WIndows Update turned on? They release a new version every two weeks on a Tuesday. If you have updates turned on it will run automatically once the download is complete. Each new version contains new virus definitions etc

There's currently a lot of spam txt messages going around over here where the message will say you have an unread voice mail with a dodgy link to click to 'check it'. I'm not gullible enough to click on the links but its comfortably 4-5 times a day every day for the last month or so and it's really starting to work my last nerve

38 minutes ago, Eidolon said:

There's currently a lot of spam txt messages going around over here where the message will say you have an unread voice mail with a dodgy link to click to 'check it'. I'm not gullible enough to click on the links but its comfortably 4-5 times a day every day for the last month or so and it's really starting to work my last nerve

latest one I've seen a few times is text telling people their Covid pass is on the attached link and its  a legal requirement and  they will be fined if they don't follow the link and complete the form ( and presumably pay some admin fee) 

I'd like to think nobody is clicking the link , but I've a feeling a lot of people are 

• Sad 1

I was going to a funeral yesterday and was rushing around work trying to tie up a few loose ends about tree planting.. yep. 

Just put my out of office on and I get an email from microsoft telling me I need to change my password as it expires today.  Now I've been getting emails about changing my log in for about 9 weeks now and I'm not **** doing it because I only have like... 4,000 passwords and I've nearly run out of using them.

So I click this thing in a hurry, put in my details and it takes me to a page from my company essentially saying "HA HA!! WE FOOLED YOU, THIS WASN'T REAL AND YOU COULDA GOT HACKED BRO!!! AHAHHAHAHAHAHA DORK"

So now I'm on some "simpleton" list because I was only half looking, whilst acknowledging that I've had several "change your damn password, you prick" emails for weeks. 

**** thing. 

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

No viruses on Linux. Can’t sync your iPhone though...

No party for you. And you mentioned iPhones, so you get to do the after party cleanup. 

• Sad 1

Â