Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Think I'd have been trying to get a letter sent under a legal letterhead for that, absolutely screw that shit. 

Couldn't believe it myself, properly worked hard on too.  She didn't let them have it, but I've no doubt they had a copy or info from it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Couldn't believe it myself, properly worked hard on too.  She didn't let them have it, but I've no doubt they had a copy or info from it.

She should scour the net and see if there’s any traces that they kept a copy of it.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Intellectual property theft? 

I get where your coming from but I'm just thinking that a company that desperate for free Labour and ideas would have got them to waive that right before the start of the "interview"

I think anyone would be absolutely correct in being outraged by that behavious, I just suspect anyone that devious for free work would have closed the door before the horse bolted.

I could be wrong of course

I'd be sending them steaming turds in the post for sure

• Like 3

The inability of my bladder to last more than an hour in a car without needing to piss its content out. Even if I haven't had a drink in hours! 

Visited more service stations this week than Eddie Stobart. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

I get where your coming from but I'm just thinking that a company that desperate for free Labour and ideas would have got them to waive that right before the start of the "interview"

I think anyone would be absolutely correct in being outraged by that behavious, I just suspect anyone that devious for free work would have closed the door before the horse bolted.

I could be wrong of course

I'd be sending them steaming turds in the post for sure

Yeah, that's my understanding as well. When we ask teachers to write mock lesson plans, they're told in advance that they are kept. I don't think it's a problem as long as everyone knows in advance what the deal is. What I was (possibly over)reacting to is the idea that they might just decide to pinch an idea because it was better than expected. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

The inability of my bladder to last more than an hour in a car without needing to piss its content out. Even if I haven't had a drink in hours! 

Visited more service stations this week than Eddie Stobart. 

I think it stems from when I started posting in off topic but you aren't in early 30s are you. I forget that and clearly the bladder is saying welcome to middle age. 

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I don't bother putting out of office, cause if I do the idiots ****** phone me!!

I had this problem until I told people to text me in my OOO. Works for two reasons. Firstly, they have to actually think about what they want to say and half the time they realise it can wait. Secondly, because it's a text it's up to me when I reply. If anyone does call it goes to voicemail which has the same effect. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I think it stems from when I started posting in off topic but you aren't in early 30s are you. I forget that and clearly the bladder is saying welcome to middle age. 

Early 40s now and i'm exactly like my Dad. I used to mock his inability to do a long journey without a piss stop. Karma. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I had this problem until I told people to text me in my OOO. Works for two reasons. Firstly, they have to actually think about what they want to say and half the time they realise it can wait. Secondly, because it's a text it's up to me when I reply. If anyone does call it goes to voicemail which has the same effect. 

Do you guys use your personal phones for work?

I have a separate mobile which is switched off and stuck in a drawer when I’m taking annual leave

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I have a separate mobile which is switched off and stuck in a drawer when I’m taking annual leave

I have done in the past but have a work mobile now. It's not just leave, I often have my OOO on whilst doing training courses or on an audit. 

I'm on leave now and no way I'm checking work messages. I did use to be bad at that though and remember checking them at 3am whilst on pat leave. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Same. OoO message on the work phone and turned off. 

I do say they can text me on my personal phone in an emergency and i'll respond when I can. I don't want someone spending hours trying to work something out when i can give them the answer in 5 seconds. To be fair, I'm very rarely contacted now! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Same. OoO message on the work phone and turned off. 

I do say they can text me on my personal phone in an emergency and i'll respond when I can. I don't want someone spending hours trying to work something out when i can give them the answer in 5 seconds. To be fair, I'm very rarely contacted now! 

Yeah, to be fair my main colleague has my personal number and I said he can contact me if he needs to. I trust him to only do it if he really needed to.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I have done in the past but have a work mobile now. It's not just leave, I often have my OOO on whilst doing training courses or on an audit. 

I'm on leave now and no way I'm checking work messages. I did use to be bad at that though and remember checking them at 3am whilst on pat leave. 

I used to come back off holiday and then spend the evening before back go work catching up. No chance now, I’ve realised nothing is so urgent it can’t wait.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Xela said:

Its the same in the UK I think. I haven't seen Eastenders in about 15 years but people always had jobs like market trader/barmaid/cafe worker/taxi driver/mechanic, yet they all lived in three storey houses in London which are probably worth £1m. No-one ever appeared to work in 'the city'. People just hung around the square all day. 

And they "look out for each other" despite most of the time trying to murder, attack, double cross and generally bring down one another. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

And they "look out for each other" despite most of the time trying to murder, attack, double cross and generally bring down one another. 

That's just standard cockney isn't it? Always look after their mom. Lovely boys. Only stabbed and shot other criminals. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Trying to remain calm and not go storming into On-Topic swinging virtual haymakers! :D 

After the Broncos inept performance I decided to skip the Villa-game and stick to beer. Good move and tipple post incoming

• Like 1

Â