Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Just now, picicata said:

I'm sure it's been mentioned already but the phrase 'life hack' makes me unreasonably angry.

You can add 'side hustle' to that list as well. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, picicata said:

I'm sure it's been mentioned already but the phrase 'life hack' makes me unreasonably angry.

yep, it doesn't even make and sense from the derivation of the word it's appropriating

1 minute ago, Xela said:

You can add 'side hustle' to that list as well. 

double yep, its used as an excuse to underpay people for a second short hours job

7 hours ago, Genie said:

Just called the doctors to chase up my prescription.

1m and 50seconds of pre-recorded rambling (including “if it’s an emergency redial 999) before they get to the options. 

They go through the options, I want option 4 “general enquires”

“This option is only available after 12 noon, please redial after that”.

This is a new level of shitness that I didn’t think existed. 

Laurel House by any chance? Been getting worse every year.

• Shocked 1

56 minutes ago, blandy said:

Bless 'em and everything, but I kind of like my little spot. what with a collection of old test cables, connectors and adaptors, crib sheets and wotnot in a cardboard box under the desk, next to my toe 'tectors and waterproofs - I don't want a shared hot-desk in a "link facility". it was bad enough moving into the building from my old haunt in a dark corner of a hangar, complete with crumbling furniture and crap decor - at least that was "real" (and no one could get in). I"m not in love with the modern world, as Wolf Parade sang. 

You can’t tell me you wouldn’t prefer your own pedestal which is parked up in the pedestal dock of an evening and wheeled to a hot desk bench you can pre book up to 48 hours in advance when you’re working. The freed up space would give you access to a multi disciplinary break out zone.

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You can’t tell me you wouldn’t prefer your own pedestal which is parked up in the pedestal dock of an evening and wheeled to a hot desk bench you can pre book up to 48 hours in advance when you’re working. The freed up space would give you access to a multi disciplinary break out zone.

Crossing over with the TV thread, but that recent Swedish series "Hunt for a Killer" had a nice subplot about bullshit team bonding and the like. "Everybody take a post-it note and write down a key word as to how to improve our team processes". They're all dutifully writing stuff like "inclusivity", "sharing", "goal-centred" and the like. The hardbitten old school copper writes "higher salary" and walks out. That was me, many times. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Laurel House by any chance? Been getting worse every year.

Yes, you guessed it. 
Appalling.

I got a text out of the blue a while back asking for feedback, I slated them, nothing has changed. 
Are you local too?

Edited by Genie

7 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Where is the line from out of shape to disgusting pig. Just for reference. I am definitely beyond out of shape but I am maybe in the mid ground in lard arse territory. 

It's a continuum.   We've got you pegged somewhere in the middle as a lovable pig.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yes, you guessed it. 
Appalling.

I got a text out of the blue a while back asking for feedback, I slated them, nothing has changed. 
Are you local too?

Yes, it's my surgery too. I called today to chase a prescription and got the same messages. Any way to make it harder to get in touch...

Live on the North side of town, very close to the Wigginton pub.

• Like 1

Have you lot not heard of patient access?

It's an app that's links you to the NHS, your gp and a nominated chemist. Once setup your meds are listed on the app, u request them from gp, then 2 days later you get a text from your chemist saying its ready to collect.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Have you lot not heard of patient access?

It's an app that's links you to the NHS, your gp and a nominated chemist. Once setup your meds are listed on the app, u request them from gp, then 2 days later you get a text from your chemist saying its ready to collect.

Assuming this also gives them permission to sell your data and medical history? 

35 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Yes, it's my surgery too. I called today to chase a prescription and got the same messages. Any way to make it harder to get in touch...

Live on the North side of town, very close to the Wigginton pub.

I live on the old golf course. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

As with everything you opt out, not that makes a difference now.

Opt out, whilst not specifically illegal in the DPA 2018 is considered by the ICO as being the same as "pre-ticked boxes" which is specifically illegal. The UK's stance is therefore by default that opt out is illegal

And given that medical data is considered to be Special Category Data (the data that should be given the highest form of protection) that makes the NHS App highly illegal. Being a branch of government does not exempt them from this

• Like 1

Â