Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

You know you can report and add your road / estate to google maps? Usually only takes a couple of days to appear. I add them all the time for work. It’s a bit fiddly and has its limitations with something’s but adding new roads is generally ok

I did have a go at this but it only seemed to want to let me add a venue/business. Could you DM and show me how?

If so, I'll be the hero of the estate...

Just now, JoshVilla said:

I did have a go at this but it only seemed to want to let me add a venue/business. Could you DM and show me how?

If so, I'll be the hero of the estate...

I’m out working right now. DM me tomorrow to remind me and I’ll give you a hand or even stick it in for you. The new road thing is not easy to find but it is there

I reported an issue with my street on Google maps, but can’t remember how I did it sorry. The Google map road didn’t follow the actual road and ran into a field. You could see it clearly with the map overlaid with the satellite view.
I reported it through the app and then a few days later it was correct 

41 minutes ago, av1 said:

When you buy 5 tickets for a whisky festival, don’t take payment straight away because you trust your friends and then 2 of the bastards pull out the night before. 

£100 down. Lesson learned 

I'd still be asking for payment and if they are proper mates, they will pay it. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, av1 said:

When you buy 5 tickets for a whisky festival, don’t take payment straight away because you trust your friends and then 2 of the bastards pull out the night before. 

Where and when this festival be? does night before mean the actual night before? 

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

If they're proper mates you shouldn't have to ask. Just couldn't imagine doing that. 

It definitely doesn't fit the thread though. That should piss you off. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Where and when this festival be? does night before mean the actual night before? 

It’s 11:30 till 17:30 in Birmingham city tomorrow. 

It’s frustrating, but I’ll have a good time none the less 👌

41 minutes ago, Xela said:

I understand your point, but I’m going to take a different stance. See if they offer first, if not sod them. 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Hate to hear that pal.Hopefully they come back to you at some point and pay you back.

Hope the festival goes alright.Very much a whiskey man myself; nothing like some Balvenie if can find a deal on it that is.

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

I understand your point, but I’m going to take a different stance. See if they offer first, if not sod them. 

You're right, you shouldn't have to ask. 

I know my mates wouldn't dream of putting me in that position. However, as I got older, I did filter my 'friend pool' down to the best ones, who I trust completely. 

10 hours ago, av1 said:

As long as they know you have lost the £40!

btw whiskey session sounds awesome. If I knew about it would have gone today! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

As long as they know you have lost the £40!

btw whiskey session sounds awesome. If I knew about it would have gone today! 

I know someone that has a couple of spare tickets 😀

The problem with keeping fit and active when your younger all the way to your late 30's, going the gym, playing football, staying heathy etc. Is when you get to 40 something and stop for a couple of years, your body starts to feel like a 80 year olds with the aches and pains.  I generally cycle now, but been so busy with work, not even had time to do that and I have to say I feel worse than when I was grafting in the gym.

• Like 2

Corona testing companies 

I need a day 2 test

Simple... Apart from the 18 different options all under different names and prices, how can you have a 2 day test that is £20 and one that is £80?

Just give me the cheapest way to tick the box

The "fit to fly" stuff looks even worse, I don't trust them not conning people with it all

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

The problem with keeping fit and active when your younger all the way to your late 30's, going the gym, playing football, staying heathy etc. Is when you get to 40 something and stop for a couple of years, your body starts to feel like a 80 year olds with the aches and pains.  I generally cycle now, but been so busy with work, not even had time to do that and I have to say I feel worse than when I was grafting in the gym.

Reading this is depressing. Not far off 40, grafting in the gym and have regular aches and pains. 

Â