Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Our oven broke yesterday, so I ordered a new one, it's arriving today.

Yesterday I was sent a text telling me the delivery would be between 14:35 and 18:35 gave me a reference number and said if I followed the link I could track my order. This sounds like the kind of thing you'd expect in this modern day and age.

So I've just finished my lunch and it's about an hour before the earliest time, so I click the link in the text to “track my order”. I have to go back to the text to input the reference number... That's a bit lame to say the least but ok, I input that and press the button.

The now revealed tracking information tells me that my oven is on the way to me and that it will be with me between 14:35 and 18:35

There is not one piece of extra or useful information provided that wasn't in the text message.

Grrrrrrrrr!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Reading this is depressing. Not far off 40, grafting in the gym and have regular aches and pains. 

Just have to keep at it, lighter if need be, which is why I cycle, or try and find the time. I find when I'm off it, I struggle especially in the mornings until I've kinda warmed up, might have to change my diet or something, or as you say, is it the depressing sign we are getting old.

54 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Reading this is depressing. Not far off 40, grafting in the gym and have regular aches and pains. 

I'm 42 and ache just sitting down! 😭

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Just have to keep at it, lighter if need be, which is why I cycle, or try and find the time. I find when I'm off it, I struggle especially in the mornings until I've kinda warmed up, might have to change my diet or something, or as you say, is it the depressing sign we are getting old.

Nah, not me, I plan to be forever young...

I can still do the intensity and even increase some numbers but recovery does seem to be a lot more important and a lot slower the older I get. 

5 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Nah, not me, I plan to be forever young...

I can still do the intensity and even increase some numbers but recovery does seem to be a lot more important and a lot slower the older I get. 

Same here mate, I will never admit I'm getting old, how apt is my username😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Our oven broke yesterday, so I ordered a new one, it's arriving today.

Yesterday I was sent a text telling me the delivery would be between 14:35 and 18:35 gave me a reference number and said if I followed the link I could track my order. This sounds like the kind of thing you'd expect in this modern day and age.

So I've just finished my lunch and it's about an hour before the earliest time, so I click the link in the text to “track my order”. I have to go back to the text to input the reference number... That's a bit lame to say the least but ok, I input that and press the button.

The now revealed tracking information tells me that my oven is on the way to me and that it will be with me between 14:35 and 18:35

There is not one piece of extra or useful information provided that wasn't in the text message.

Grrrrrrrrr!

Asda shopping is the same. You get a text before the slot saying “your driver is on the way, click the link for more details”

Literally no more detail about when it will arrive, just what you ordered.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Genie said:

Asda shopping is the same. You get a text before the slot saying “your driver is on the way, click the link for more details”

Literally no more detail about when it will arrive, just what you ordered.

I had one of these messages last week, "your driver is on the way". This was at mid-day.

My order was booked for delivery between 8 and 10pm.

Must have been coming from Asda Inverness.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I had one of these messages last week, "your driver is on the way". This was at mid-day.

My order was booked for delivery between 8 and 10pm.

Must have been coming from Asda Inverness.

I’ve had that too, I thought shit it’s coming early… it didn’t. It just came at the booked time. 

I had a tesco delivery cancelled 90 mins before it was due. Driver shortage apparently. Great. However I was relieved when they confirmed that I wasn't going to be charged. 

Gee. Thanks. 

Got on to amazon fresh and got the lot more or less delivered 2 hours after placing the order.

• Like 1

I newer use home delivery if I can help it. I'll just pick it up at the closest drop-off when all delivery cretins are done messing about. If there is one working thing over here, it's that. Especially the new locked boxes that they use (Budbee or Instabox). Almost flawless.

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Ocado are so on it they even tell you the name of the van your delivery is coming in 

if anything they are annoying as they over communicate … Daisy has just received a bolt to the back of the head and once we’ve hacked her up a bit your steak will be delivered by Jon a Leo who likes classical music , in a van called Rosie between 11:48 and 11:49 

And then a "You're next" and then a "We're outside" message.

14 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I think it's been mentioned before, but 'Mrs brown's boys'. I'd rather gouge a testicle out, than watch that horrific program. How anyone finds it funny is well beyond me!

Well,to be honest,I really enjoyed it when it stopped.

• Haha 2

Â