Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

21 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

not aimed at you particularly ( well actually it is you rude so and so :P )  I never get this attitude 

Why not just so , No thank you I'm not interested  , he still doesn't get a sale but moves on to the next door in a happier place  , you don't buy anything but don't have to vent on a football forum  ..everyone's a winner  

We don't get that many cold callers  knocking on our door , but I usually decline have a little chat with them , ask how things have been generally , wish them good luck  and then give them an address of a bloke up Liverpool way who I know would be interested in their product 

Have you never seen any of Bicks' posts? He's rude to his own customers let alone cold callers :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wasn’t quite sure where to post this but I really didn’t like the start/new series of a Question of Sport. Only one episode in mind, but….

New host (Paddy McGuinness) just failed to bring any charisma and charm to the role. A little annoying actually.

New captains Sam Quek and Ugo Monye again failed to show any personality and really lacked humour.

Perhaps needs time but I think this could be the start of the end of the show or they may require a drastic rethink. 

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Wasn’t quite sure where to post this but I really didn’t like the start/new series of a Question of Sport. Only one episode in mind, but….

New host (Paddy McGuinness) just failed to bring any charisma and charm to the role. A little annoying actually.

New captains Sam Quek and Ugo Monye again failed to show any personality and really lacked humour.

Perhaps needs time but I think this could be the start of the end of the show or they may require a drastic rethink. 

I saw a review of it somewhere online and it agreed with you as being really poor. They said it was a failed attempt at a competing comedy sports show like A League of Their Own. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I think it needs time.

That's not to say it's going to be a success. I just think they lacked any sort of chemistry between the captains, and that can only really be achieved with time.

It bothers me that they've gone with Paddy McGuinness though. The host for that show shouldn't be deliberately funny and make jokes and stuff. They're the host and they should just bounce off the captains. Plus it annoys me that they didn't go with an ex sportsperson

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

How does he keep getting work? And such high profile work. Is the North of England so loyal that they'll watch shit like him just because he's from there? Or do the English actually like him?

He's **** terrible, and I got about 5 minutes into 1 episode of QoS before giving up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

not aimed at you particularly ( well actually it is you rude so and so :P )  I never get this attitude 

Why not just so , No thank you I'm not interested  , he still doesn't get a sale but moves on to the next door in a happier place  , you don't buy anything but don't have to vent on a football forum  ..everyone's a winner  

We don't get that many cold callers  knocking on our door , but I usually decline have a little chat with them , ask how things have been generally , wish them good luck  and then give them an address of a bloke up Liverpool way who I know would be interested in their product 

It told him I wasn't interested and also pointed out the reason why I wasn't interested, he learned more my way. I was considering that he might actually go and annoy just my neighbours that actually have moss on their drive

My toast was not in optimum condition when I returned to it.

You think this was rude, you should see my fourth email to a Probationer Constable this week asking him to get to the f***ing point

Just now, bickster said:

You think this was rude, you should see my fourth email to a Probationer Constable this week asking him to get to the f***ing point

Don't tempt me with something I'll never see.

Jeez I've said that before.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

How does he keep getting work? And such high profile work. Is the North of England so loyal that they'll watch shit like him just because he's from there? Or do the English actually like him?

He's **** terrible, and I got about 5 minutes into 1 episode of QoS before giving up.

I really have to agree. Never been keen on him presenting anything. Max & Paddy is about all I’ve ever liked him in. 

• Like 1

Maybe it’s my memory playing tricks on me, but I remember Question of Sport as being a proper quiz with the occasional moment of humour thrown in, typically during the “what happened next?” round.

Then something changed after Coleman, Beaumont and Botham left and it became more like a pre watershed “They think it’s all over” in tone.

FYI I was always supporting Botham as I knew who he was. But whenever Dean Saunders was on as a guest he was ALWAYS on Beaumont’s team. Left me very frustrated and conflicted.

8 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Maybe it’s my memory playing tricks on me, but I remember Question of Sport as being a proper quiz with the occasional moment of humour thrown in, typically during the “what happened next?” round.

This is exactly what I meant by the host shouldn't be "deliberately" funny. The humour should come spontaneously through the character of the guests. Not through shite pre-written jokes delivered by that bloke from Phoenix Nights

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

This is exactly what I meant by the host shouldn't be "deliberately" funny. The humour should come spontaneously through the character of the guests. Not through shite pre-written jokes delivered by that bloke from Phoenix Nights

In fairness it sounds like McGuinness is meeting this particular criteria.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

he's the reason I stopped watching Top Gear 

the North-ifcation  of TV shows just make them unwatchable 

There's northern and there's northern. Paddy McGuinness should have been strangled at birth. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

There's northern and there's northern. Paddy McGuinness should have been strangled at birth. 

Yeah I’m massively put off my anyone that  over exaggerates themselves. Too northern and too cockney etc etc 

Â