Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

58 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Admit it.   You shagged his wife, didn't you.

Well if the woman I have seen around his house is his wife, I'd rather my stick my head in a deep fryer

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Big Salad said:

When you're trying to get some sleep because you have to start your new job in a few hours and your neighbor is leaf blowing his **** driveway at 3 o'clock in the morning.

First off, don't know why the hell he is doing is in the middle of the night.

And second all he has no damn leaves.

Prick.

Sounds like he has a great sense of humour . 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Neighbours a few houses up had some garden lights and a lamp installed a few months ago. A colour changing lamp at that. They have it on throughout the night. It wasn’t mega bright but enough to keep us awake at times. Next door neighbour and us have asked them to switch it off at night but they have ignored it.

Weirdly enough, my uncle came to visit yesterday and by coincidence he bought his air rifle with him. Slept really well last night.

I like gardens with them in. Keep meaning to get some . They apparently encourage fairies and other angelic spirits to enter your garden . 

• Haha 1

Any time I want to quickly see if anything's going on with Villa, particularly during transfer windows, I Google "Aston Villa."   Whenever we're about to play or have just played one of the ESL 6 the top results are always articles about the "big" team, usually from the London, Manchester or Liverpool paper or the team's fan rags.   If I wanted to know about Chelsea I'd have typed in Chelsea! 😠

22 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I like gardens with them in. Keep meaning to get some . They apparently encourage fairies and other angelic spirits to enter your garden . 

Before 23:30 you can do whatever you want. Fairies, spirits, rain dancing, whatever. After that, I’ll go full on Falling Down and hunt you and your garden illuminations down 😁.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 14/09/2021 at 08:02, Big Salad said:

When you're trying to get some sleep because you have to start your new job in a few hours and your neighbor is leaf blowing his **** driveway at 3 o'clock in the morning.

First off, don't know why the hell he is doing is in the middle of the night.

And second all he has no damn leaves.

Prick.

some of the houses near me cut their lawn about 8am on a Sunday morning,  that may be a respectable time for them but 8am on a Sunday can sometimes be 2 hours after I've got in from a night on the hoy 

and yet if I was to go and cut my lawn at 2 am , 2 hours after they've gone to bed , I bet I'd be the bad guy 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

on a light theme  ....there is a street light outside our house that  thankfully stopped working for about 5 years , technically its the councils responsibility but they said as we lived in private road it was nothing to do with them  , fine by me I love the blackout  ....few months back my neighbour who is one of those annoying practical men that can do things I can't like change a lightbulb , was up a ladder and repairing it ... anyway , 99p on amazon later I got one of those keys that unlocks the panel and I flick the switch and turn it off , few days later  he's back up with the ladder checking the bulb etc thinking something must be tripping it .

TBH i've kinda got used to the light now , so I'm not fussed , I just like going out there every now and then and flicking the switch  and watching him up the ladder with much amusement , i even go out there and give him a little wave and ask him if he's  figured out what's causing the problem :)  

Couldn't come and sort this out could you?

IMG_15092021_110014_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

I've got blackout blinds behind blackout curtains in my bedroom, with the door closed I literally can't see a speck of light, I love it. I leave the blinds up a little bit in the week to let a tiny amount of light through in the morning but at the weekends I wake up and can't tell if it's daytime yet :D 

Just now, Seat68 said:

Couldn't come and sort this out could you?

IMG_15092021_110014_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

a lot of councils will bend to light pollution and green concerns if you write to them  , some of the roads around my way they switch them off at 1 am  until around 6 am 

using a key to open it is probably not legal , but if you open it , its literally just a fuse box type RCD switch that you can flick , in and out in 5 seconds 

failing that there is a light sensor on the top , rumour is you can shine a laser pen on the sensor and trick it into thinking its daytime and it will switch off ... presumably you'd have to have the laser on some form of tripod and keep it permanently pointed there though !! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

The street I live on is only 4 years old, the street lights are clearly low energy LED types as they barely give out a dull glow.

Opposite problem here. I'm on a busy main road with a streetlight right outside our bedroom. A few years ago the council replaced the dull yellow ones with blindingly bright incandescent white lights. We have to use blackout blinds, but even they don't totally block it out. It's bloody annoying. 

• Sad 1

Working from home is great and have a lot of advantages but I can't take Teams meeting anymore. There is a certain place for the people who still don't manage to turn on the sound when they want to say something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Opposite problem here. I'm on a busy main road with a streetlight right outside our bedroom. A few years ago the council replaced the dull yellow ones with blindingly bright incandescent white lights. We have to use blackout blinds, but even they don't totally block it out. It's bloody annoying. 

I live on a corner and when I asked the shire if they could do something about the light.They said no,because bieng on a corner it is a safety issue.So, the Mrs and me sleep with sleeping masks on.No problem now.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

The street I live on is only 4 years old, the street lights are clearly low energy LED types as they barely give out a dull glow.

That's better though really. It's all you need and doesn't blind everyone in the houses nearby

• Like 1

Â