Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

6 hours ago, bickster said:

I'm not a fan of people knocking on my door selling shit

A bloke just knocked on the door and mumbled something about being in the area and cleaning moss from driveways and was about to thrust a leaflet into my hand

"Stop! - can you see any f***ing moss on my drive?" (It was only laid last year and is regularly pressure washed- not even the remotest hint of moss)

*slams door*

Throbber

Standard answer from me was always "Not my house mate, I rent. You'll need to speak to the landlord. He's currently in Pakistan"

Job. Done. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

How does he keep getting work? And such high profile work. Is the North of England so loyal that they'll watch shit like him just because he's from there? Or do the English actually like him?

He's **** terrible, and I got about 5 minutes into 1 episode of QoS before giving up.

It's like Top Gear. Call me old fashioned but i'd like people who are genuinely interested in cars to be the presenters. Chris Harris is great, a genuine car enthusiast, who has worked at all the magazines. Plenty of talented folk out there in the car journalism world. Nah lets get an ex cricketer and a 'comedian'. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

Standard answer from me was always "Not my house mate, I rent. You'll need to speak to the landlord. He's currently in Pakistan"

Job. Done. 

I do this quite often and it works. However, I also have a big no cold callers sign on my door and it winds me the eff up when they still knock it, canvassing or selling or what ever !!

12 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I do this quite often and it works. However, I also have a big no cold callers sign on my door and it winds me the eff up when they still knock it, canvassing or selling or what ever !!

Same. I would say "Can't you read?", but in some cases they probably can't. As you can probably imagine, my particular ire is reserved for the godbotherers. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I know this isn't new news for people who care about kids, but for someone who has been very anti kids for their whole life so has never even considered these things, and is now having to prepare for having one (I'm excited, honest!)... JESUS **** CHRIST it's expensive!

We need a baby bouncer. One of them little chairs that bounce up and down a bit. Oh cool how much is that, 20 quid?

180 quid?! For WHAT?!

Childcare, £1200 a month? WHAT?! what the ****?! 

RIP my disposable income

Do you know what caught me MOST by surprise.  When they finished full time nursery and moved to pre and post school clubs I thought I would save a bundle.  Uh uhh, those few hours cost very nearly as much as full time care😯😯

Seriously though, your life is going to so change for the better and feel so fulfilling. 

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've already done the worst possible thing I could do for the environment and produced a new human being so I need to counter that with continuing my veggie-ness ;) 

Has anyone ever done a study of the damage done to the planet by the excess farting caused by veggie diets? I reckon it causes more harm.  Bean burgers should be outlawed, they're down right dangerous. 

6 hours ago, Genie said:

I saw a review of it somewhere online and it agreed with you as being really poor. They said it was a failed attempt at a competing comedy sports show like A League of Their Own. 

I've not seen it and probably won't but it was 100% clear that's what they were aiming for and it was also 100% certain that would be a huge error. 

It wasn't a show that needed fixing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I'm currently working with a community group raising money to help underprivileged kids by washing people's drives and removing moss for a small charge. 

We've helped hundreds of kids so far and it's a joy to see their lives turned around. 

Most people are so pleasant, even if they don't want their drives done they often have a chat and sometimes donate valuable cash anyway. 

The other day though this bloke comes to to door and got really aggressive towards me.  I was genuinely concerned because he had a knife in his hand, admittedly a table knife covered in butter but the way he was waving it at me was worrying. 

He kept rambling incoherently about toast.  Spent so much time bollocking me it had probably gone cold by the time he had finished ranting. 

Anyway one of the kids we recently helped after he came out of Borstal says he's going round there later to put the windows through so alls well that ends well. 

Heh.. that sounds like @bickster from what he said earlier..

I get it, it was a joke, wasn't it?

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Looking at the state of him in that gone fishing show I seriously doubt he would get on that table now 

Tbh if he tried it, I think he'd be cancelled within days. You can't get away with a bit of lighthearted lechery on the beeb these days, it's health and safety gone mad. 

40 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

The expression "White Collar" & "Blue Collar" 

Hate the word collar,  it looks a s**t word visually.

Most people at work today don't have a "collar"

Rubbish it is,  there must be a better way ?  

Just one of those expressions that I expect will stick around for a long while, even if collars disappear completely. Like people still talk of 'taping' TV programmes, etc. 

• Like 2

Â