Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Well,to be honest,I really enjoyed it when it stopped.

That reminds me of the time at work when one of my colleagues was introducing the team to some newcomer. He got to this one guy and said "This is Pete. He's a nice feller until you get to know him". 

It was true, too. 

• Haha 3

On 12/09/2021 at 10:10, foreveryoung said:

The problem with keeping fit and active when your younger all the way to your late 30's, going the gym, playing football, staying heathy etc. Is when you get to 40 something and stop for a couple of years, your body starts to feel like a 80 year olds with the aches and pains.  I generally cycle now, but been so busy with work, not even had time to do that and I have to say I feel worse than when I was grafting in the gym.

Username doesn't check out.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Ocado are so on it they even tell you the name of the van your delivery is coming in 

if anything they are annoying as they over communicate … Daisy has just received a bolt to the back of the head and once we’ve hacked her up a bit your steak will be delivered by Jon a Leo who likes classical music , in a van called Rosie between 11:48 and 11:49 

We order through Instacart, who work with most stores.  The shoppers usually communicate with you via text while they're in the store shopping.  Sometimes you get a particularly thick shopper who's constantly texting things like, "They don't have such and such item in this store."  Some Saturdays my wife's phone is pinging every minute with text alerts.

Funny story:   This weekend my wife had placed the order and then realized there was a key item for that night's dinner that she'd forgotten.   She had to head to the store herself to get that.   She was literally in the store at the same time as the person shopping for her.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

These mega profitable national or international chains begging me to donate to their chosen charity on their behalf.

I don't begrudge Tesco having a collection area for food banks, but a big pop up prompting me to donate my change to their charity in the self checkouts is taking the piss. You had £825m profit last year, Tesco, how about you **** donate to them, I'm just here for some bog roll.

The other problem with that in the US at least is that the corporation gets to take the tax deduction on the donations their customers made.   I don't contribute to those.  I'd rather give to my charities of choice and get the tax deduction.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

These mega profitable national or international chains begging me to donate to their chosen charity on their behalf.

I don't begrudge Tesco having a collection area for food banks, but a big pop up prompting me to donate my change to their charity in the self checkouts is taking the piss. You had £825m profit last year, Tesco, how about you **** donate to them, I'm just here for some bog roll.

Screwfix (Kingfisher group) are the same, they just posted record profits £775m, up 100m on last year. But want my 17p change from my order.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Screwfix (Kingfisher group) are the same, they just posted record profits £775m, up 100m on last year. But want my 17p change from my order.

I was on auto pilot ready to finish my order, as I suspect they;re counting on many of their customers being. I pulled back just in time, bu I would absolutely set aside a good portion of my day to demand to speak to the manager to get my coppers refunded if I'd clicked the wrong button. I'm not a stingy person, I happily donate monthly to a local homeless charity (Emmanual House, in Nottingham), as well as Acorns, but I wouldn't donate the steam off my piss to Tesco or their partnered charity. 

• Like 1

When you're trying to get some sleep because you have to start your new job in a few hours and your neighbor is leaf blowing his **** driveway at 3 o'clock in the morning.

First off, don't know why the hell he is doing is in the middle of the night.

And second all he has no damn leaves.

Prick.

• Sad 3
  • Shocked 1

50 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

When you're trying to get some sleep because you have to start your new job in a few hours and your neighbor is leaf blowing his **** driveway at 3 o'clock in the morning.

Prick.

Bad dream?

51 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Prick.

Is he old? My experience with the in-laws is that old people love doing loud household tasks in the middle of the night when they can't sleep. 

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is he old? My experience with the in-laws is that old people love doing loud household tasks in the middle of the night when they can't sleep. 

I live on a quiet drive with 4 other houses, 2 of which are occupied by retired couples. 
They are both OBSESSED with leaves, although not enough to clear them in the middle of the night. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Bad dream?

I wish it was just a dream pal lol

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

No he's younger than I am(I'm 34). I hope he's at least drunk or high, at least that way can somewhat be forgiven. If he's not drunk or high then he's just a prick. And I'm leaning towards being a prick because he's done shit like this before. Granted, this is the first time in the middle of night.

Edited by Big Salad

23 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

No he's younger than I am(I'm 34). I hope he's at least drunk or high, at least that way can somewhat be forgiven. If he's not drunk or high then he's just a prick. And I'm leaning towards being a prick because he's done shit like this before. Granted, this is the first time in the middle of night.

Sounds like he's high to me then.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Big Salad said:

I wish it was just a dream pal lol

Admit it.   You shagged his wife, didn't you.

Â