Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

7 hours ago, theunderstudy said:

I'm from Solihull which I consider basically an annex of Birmingham but if I'm ever talking to a Brummie I'd always make the distinction of saying I'm from Sullyull rather than Brum.

I guess I've always felt like Greater Birmingham isn't seen as a thing in the same way as Greater Manchester or Greater London.

Unless you're on holiday...

But yeah the manchester is massive 2nd city stuff is weird, brummies seemingly try their hardest not to be from the city 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I don’t speak for all but as a person from outside of Birmingham, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill etc. All Birmingham to me. 

This. 

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i am very much part of looking down on those who put sugar in their tea and considering them lesser human beings

you disgust me

I think the ‘one’ was for one of the builders, one of them.

Not the royal one, as in ‘one has sharted’, when one sharts ones self.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I don’t speak for all but as a person from outside of Birmingham, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill etc. All Birmingham to me. 

As a person from inside Birmingham, who has lived in Solihull and Sutton Coldfield, I agree with you. It's all Birmingham

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

As a person from inside Birmingham, who has lived in Solihull and Sutton Coldfield, I agree with you. It's all Birmingham

There was a girl on my university course who refused to admit she was from Liverpool. She was from Bootle. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

There was a girl on my university course who refused to admit she was from Liverpool. She was from Bootle. 

I don't know why people are so ashamed of this sort of stuff. My OH's family are from Sparkbrook. Fair enough it's a bit of a shithole but their whole family tell everyone they're from Moseley. They've never lived in Moseley.

I find it really weird

Working from home in the last 12 months, the amount of responses to emails I've had where colleagues come back with a question about something I've already explained in my email. 

Or when I get something like today's special;

Me: "Sorry to bother you, quick question. We sent this letter to the customer in August 2020. Can you just tell me if....blah blah blah?"

Answer: "We sent the letter to the customer in August 2020"

51 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

A German girl, a friend of a friend, I knew at university went into a complete rage when someone said she was from Germany. She insisted she was from Bavaria. She didn't accept this was, in fact, part of Germany.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Chindie said:

A German girl, a friend of a friend, I knew at university went into a complete rage when someone said she was from Germany. She insisted she was from Bavaria. She didn't accept this was, in fact, part of Germany.

I've had a very similar debate. I think it's their version of "We're not English, we're Scouse". The lad I had that discussion with tried to liken it more to being Catholics in Northern Ireland though. I said I hope there hasn't been quite as heated of a dispute about it as that one. :lol:

Edited by YouUnastanFren

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i am very much part of looking down on those who put sugar in their tea and considering them lesser human beings

you disgust me

Speaking of sugar in tea...what pisses me off that shouldn't is when someone in the office (aah the good old days !) makes a round of brews, then forgets which one has the sugar in it, then proceeds to smell them all before declaring which one the sugared brew is !

Two things here :

1. I don't want your beak anywhere near my tea

2. Yeah, like you can actually smell sugar in a drink 🙄

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Speaking of sugar in tea...what pisses me off that shouldn't is when someone in the office (aah the good old days !) makes a round of brews, then forgets which one has the sugar in it, then proceeds to smell them all before declaring which one the sugared brew is !

Two things here :

1. I don't want your beak anywhere near my tea

2. Yeah, like you can actually smell sugar in a drink 🙄

amateurs!

unfortunately i did go through years of training to learn how to cope with a huge tea order and then fortunately our cleaner then bought us all a personalised mug for xmas, mainly football teams, so i had a villa one, my boss had one with the sty on it so you knew which one to pick your nose and give it a wipe

and he had 2 sugars in it...

it got declared as too much when the round went over 15 but you'd do well not to make a 6-8 cup round of teas every day, we got one of those zip tap instant boiler things, brilliant

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Still isn't in Liverpool, he says sat in Bootle right now

59 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I've had a very similar debate. I think it's their version of "We're not English, we're Scouse". The lad I had that discussion with tried to liken it more to being Catholics in Northern Ireland though. I said I hope there hasn't been quite as heated of a dispute about it as that one. :lol:

Well, I think German lands are much more independent than counties or British regions. 

Also, Germany only came together as 'Germany' in 1870s so while it was 150 years ago, it isn't that long ago. To put it in perspective, Grandparents of the German friends Grandparents would have been alive in that time, and it sort of runs in the thought process/culture within families. 

Bavaria is much more like Basque country or Catalonia than Scouse land in that sense. 

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

What about Tamworth?

I don’t think of it as Birmingham (but do agree about Sutton, Solihull etc).

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

What about Tamworth?

I don’t think of it as Birmingham (but do agree about Sutton, Solihull etc).

Nah Tamworth is in Staffordshire isn't it? Not sure I'd count that as Brum

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Well, I think German lands are much more independent than counties or British regions. 

Also, Germany only came together as 'Germany' in 1870s so while it was 150 years ago, it isn't that long ago. To put it in perspective, Grandparents of the German friends Grandparents would have been alive in that time, and it sort of runs in the thought process/culture within families. 

Bavaria is much more like Basque country or Catalonia than Scouse land in that sense. 

They are, from what I can gather its a bit more like the states with more power locally than what counties have in the UK, other than bavaria though there's not that much cultural identity, colognes is strong with carnival but other than that I've not experienced much

Bavaria is like Yorkshire but with more religion and a wealthy city at its centre, the rest of the country thinks they're simpletons 30 years behind (the religion doesn't help) 

What happens when a blonde moves from Berlin to bavaria? The average of IQ of both places goes up - a German joke 😮

• Haha 1

Â