Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The Microsoft Teams advert that makes out like it’s a cure for cancer.

The maudlin TV adverts here are excruciating. 

16 hours ago, mjmooney said:

In my student days (early 1970s) I once got a lift home from a guy who worked in the then-still-extant Sheffield steel industry, and I asked him about how the massive amount of filth being spewed out could be reconciled with the 'clean air' acts that had already been in force for several years. He explained that it was totally illegal, and they were accordingly fined fairly hefty amounts every month, virtually as a standing order payment. It was still worth their while, and a nice earner for the treasury. Made me question what the actual point of the legislation was. 

When I set up my trash removal service for the Cider House, I asked them for a trash bin and a recycling bin. He said that they don't recycle, they just incinerate it all. Meanwhile, they have all their residential customers religiously separating articles of garbage thinking they are doing something worthwhile. It's pretty outrageous, actually.

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

When I set up my trash removal service for the Cider House, I asked them for a trash bin and a recycling bin. He said that they don't recycle, they just incinerate it all. Meanwhile, they have all their residential customers religiously separating articles of garbage thinking they are doing something worthwhile. It's pretty outrageous, actually.

This winds me up also. Over here isn't much better. I'm all for recycling obviously, but most people are unaware of the money making commodity the people that collect it are interested in or indeed the huge % of it that ends up in landfill. 

It's getting slowly better. But really slowly. It's a problem that wouldn't be hard to fix at all either. It just wouldn't generate profits. So we don't bother, pay lip service to it, fine people for non compliance and chuck it in a hole in the ground and pat ourselves on the back. Mental.

• Like 1

You see in Bulgaria we have a semi efficient system. The govt recycling bins are always full and generally when they are picked up it's all thrown together in the one truck. However, if you put bags of unsorted bags in the rubbish bin the gypsies pick it apart in 5 minutes and sort it for themselves. They then go to the supermarket and collect the deposits on the bottles, paper is folded flat and on a trolley to be taken, in person, to the private recycling plants and the rest is all burnt. 

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

A few years ago, there was a whistleblower report on the 'recycling' here in Leeds that revealed that it was being shipped to Indonesia and dumped. They claim to have cleaned up their act since then, but I remain sceptical. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Open a window and within a couple of minutes there's a bastard thing buzzing round the room headbutting the ceiling over and over again.  Just fly back out the massive window again you clearing in the woods.

My mate has an ability to just say to a fly 'get out!' and it's gone. 

I don't have this ability.

©Useless.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

How political the virus thread has become.

I think the politics started way back.

About the time we closed wards and stopped updating our emergency supplies.

• Like 4

I have broken a fair few glasses in my time. I can’t recall specifically when but I know its a lot as my wife remembers every single glass that I have cracked or dropped. Today I broke a cup, it became separated from its handle and fell to the floor. She doesn’t believe me that I didn’t drop it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have broken a fair few glasses in my time. I can’t recall specifically when but I know its a lot as my wife remembers every single glass that I have cracked or dropped. Today I broke a cup, it became separated from its handle and fell to the floor. She doesn’t believe me that I didn’t drop it. 

If at any point during the day you’re feeling unsafe, post some techno and we’ll call the rozzers.

• Haha 3

I think you lot jinxed me today. I just knocked a handle off a mug doing the washing up. Luckily it was a rubbish mug, free from somewhere, and one which always had all tannins on the inside after a cup if tea. 

• Like 1

On the getting blame for stuff though, when me and my bro were kids, still in the black country, we were all round the neighbours and me and my bro went home as mum kept chatting to the lady next door. When we went in the lounge the cats were running around like mad and the girl cat was chasing the boy cat about. He jumped on the back of a chair and it toppled backwards and smashed the glass on the front of my mum's special cabinet thing that she kept all her 'precious' stuff in (load of old tat by anyone's standards). Cue my mum walking in, the cats nowhere to be seen and me and my brother copping the blame for it.

Now we're old and that we never let her forget it. I'm sure she still thinks we're making it up. Our story hasn't changed in 30 odd years mum! 

Right thread though to be fair 😅

• Haha 2

I've been answering phones 4 hours a day for weeks now, the sheer amount of people that need cabs that have dogs with them...

Now only a certain amount (less than 50%) of drivers will even take dogs, dogs jobs are nearly always a pain in the arse but lockdown appears to mean a much higher percentage of people requesting a dog friendly car

It's nearly always somewhere odd as a pick up too, it's like they've taken the dog for a walk and either the dogs knackered or they are

On a similar note (not that it pissed me off), one lad wanted a pick to take him and his mate up from Wigan with 2 bikes....

£45 per cab mate

£35? Bloody hell can't you do it cheaper my mates had a puncture

No mate you aren't understanding... £45 per cab and you'll need 2 cabs for 2 bikes, so that'll be £90...

F*** Off, you having a laugh...

Do I sound like I'm joking!

I do hope they enjoyed the journey back to Liverpool on public transport the non social distancing spanners

Â