Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

24 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Can you measure the rage though ? 

It the date format that sends me wrong to be honest. M d y. Just **** off.

Same here. I think it was compounded by the 11/9 tragedy - 911 being the US emergency phone number. 

• Like 1

And the spin off, trying to keep everyone in an office date filing photos by Year. Month. Day.

There aren’t many crimes that still deserve the death penalty but filing site photos wrongly, that’s right up there.

2020.02.19 = good

19.02.2020 = bad

Feb Photos = I will hunt you down and hurt you

New Temp Folder 162634544526 = I will hunt you down and kill you and everyone with the same surname just in case they have the same sick twisted gene defect.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I am in Feb photos but these are last year I need the Feb before that,  whats going on Chrisp65. 

Oh no, close the ticket its OK,  found it,  there's a fold in there called "New Folder" and a folder in there called "New Folder2" .   They are all in there 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Maybe more just a thing that pisses me off but I was just curiously browsing dogs for sale for no particular reason and was shocked and appalled at the amount of seriously deformed dogs for sale for absolutely silly money. 

One example is a dog missing its back for 5 grand

https://www.donedeal.ie/dogs-for-sale/top-class-male/24633965

Nzk1NWZiNWVkMjhiZDU0MDNlOGE4MGEzMDg2MTAzNjU9EJsh6nZyIdX58tklXlQFaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDU5MDgyNDl8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Countless amounts of bulldogs and pugs being sold for crazy prices too and those poor dogs have terrible lives with their deformities. I will never understand the appeal and do have a low opinion of the dog owners who create the demand for this madness.

Where does this back thing come from? I knew about pugs but never heard of this with German shepherds (not v clued up on dogs!). Does it cause health problems?

I’ve been interested in getting a dog for a while, but not having come from a dog owning family, I’m completely clueless.

On 17/05/2020 at 20:35, limpid said:

I have two deliveries overdue from Hermes. One is from the US - it's arrived in the UK on Tuesday and is just "in London". The other, I've been promised by Wednesday - which means Hermes haven't even collected it yet a week from when the collection was booked.

On 02/05/2020 at 10:58, limpid said:

What pisses me off but shouldn't is people complaining about delivery times :mrgreen:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Where does this back thing come from? I knew about pugs but never heard of this with German shepherds (not v clued up on dogs!). Does it cause health problems?

I’ve been interested in getting a dog for a while, but not having come from a dog owning family, I’m completely clueless.

The breed standard is to have slight slope but with all breeders it comes down to money and in the end over breeding happens. 
https://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/services/public/breed/standard.aspx?id=5106

Hind angulation sufficient if imaginary line dropped from point of buttocks cuts through lower thigh just in front of hock, continuing down slightly in front of hindfeet. Angulations corresponding approximately with front angulation, without over-angulation. Seen from rear, the hind legs are straight and parallel to each other. The hocks are strong and firm. The rear pasterns are vertical. Any tendency towards over-angulation of hindquarters, weak hocks, cow hocks or sickle hooks, is to be heavily penalised 

https://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/services/public/breed/watch/display.aspx?breed=5106

Points of concern for special attention by judges

Cow hocks

Excessive turn of stifle

Nervous temperament

Sickle hock

Weak hindquarters

Weak hindquarters etc produce the sloped back and in turn back problems. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/crufts-accused-of-cruelty-after-german-shepherd-with-sloped-back-wins-best-in-breed-a6930546.html%3famp

Crufts has been accused of perpetuating cruelty to animals after a German Shepherd with a sloped back was named best in breed by judges.

Hundreds complained to the Kennel Club over footage of Cruaghaire Catoria which shows the dog with a slanting back seeming to impede the movements of her rear legs.

words removed. 
Now I know that people have bought off breeders, recognised or back yard, on here. Some might actually be breeders. Broadly I don’t hate you, in the same way I don’t hate a specific cyclist. I hate the people that perpetuate this, that enable this industry and who allow over breeding by enabling the sale of dogs.
I am on my 4th rescue dog, the joy they have brought me is immeasurable. My Shih tzu was used for breeding and went through a lot of shit at the hands of the breeder. Every day is a day where she trusts us more. The breeder, I hope their remote control batteries run out.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

And the spin off, trying to keep everyone in an office date filing photos by Year. Month. Day.

There aren’t many crimes that still deserve the death penalty but filing site photos wrongly, that’s right up there.

2020.02.19 = good

19.02.2020 = bad

New Temp Folder 162634544526 = I will hunt you down and kill you and everyone with the same surname just in case they have the same sick twisted gene defect.

You know you can search by date created yeah?

1 hour ago, bickster said:

You know you can search by date created yeah?

I was boiling it down to a simple version. They’re usually imbedded in site notes and cad drawings and whatnot. But that’s by the by. I shouldn’t have to know when something was created to search for it, there should be common file names so when somebody new wants to look at the drawings or the photos or the notes they can go in to a project and it’s all their with logical file names in a logical order.

In 2 years time, I can’t search for a photo or notes or a certificate by date created if I don’t already know what date they put the windows in the second floor. 

It’s part of our QA system, but its more than that, its just common sense and good manners and the best way of telling a contractor to **** off when they say we did something wrong 12 months ago and now a ceiling is pissing in water.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This won’t go down well on here but dogs in the park that get too excited. Really winds me up when a dog barks at me or jumps up at me. Put you f**king dog on a lead or control it!

Yep, hate this. “Oh haha, it’s ok, he won’t bite”. I don’t want him jumping all over me thank you so put him on a bastard lead.

• Like 3

My two year-old loves the Gruffalo movies. I've watched them a bunch of times and almost loved them, but something always seemed a bit off.

Just found out that the lead character is voiced by fake lad / talentless chancer James Corden.  A dagger to the heart...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Yep, hate this. “Oh haha, it’s ok, he won’t bite”. I don’t want him jumping all over me thank you so put him on a bastard lead.

Happened to me the other day, I was sat with a mate in the park and a dog came up to me so I gave it a stroke and the owner said 'You're not supposed to be touching dogs at the moment due to the virus'.  Piss off and put it on a lead then you Alf Garnett word.

Ooh found a new word filter!

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

My two year-old loves the Gruffalo movies. I've watched them a bunch of times and almost loved them, but something always seemed a bit off.

Just found out that the lead character is voiced by fake lad / talentless chancer James Corden.  A dagger to the heart...

So glad i'm not the only one thinks Corden is one of the luckiest men alive, His management must be unreal, He is a knobber of the highest order.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Happened to me the other day, I was sat with a mate in the park and a dog came up to me so I gave it a stroke and the owner said 'You're not supposed to be touching dogs at the moment due to the virus'.  Piss off and put it on a lead then you Alf Garnett word.

Ooh found a new word filter!

Whats the word??  

Â