Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Just now, bickster said:

Ah FFS, the expression Ramping Up is seriously annoying now

Unprecedented is another word overused nowadays

• Like 2

It is really annoying to hear Matt Hancock saying there’s been an unprecedented rise in testing. Of course there **** has! When else have we needed to do that much testing? (In the era where testing exists). 

7 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Ordering something for a specific delivery date, i.e. Tuesday, and receiving an email saying that it's going to be delivered today.

Did you have plans?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, limpid said:

Did you have plans?

:D

Well, I was considering going for my daily walk this morning before all of the crowds are out and about this afternoon.

I think it's a proper entry in to the thread as it shouldn't piss me off (at least it's getting delivered!) but it does,

Though, it will make me think twice before ordering from the same place again because if they offer customers a specific delivery date and then take it upon themselves to deliver on another day then perhaps they'd do that at other times, too, and perhaps they won't stick to other terms in their agreement(s).

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Well, I was considering going for my daily walk this morning before all of the crowds are out and about this afternoon.

I think it's a proper entry in to the thread as it shouldn't piss me off (at least it's getting delivered!) but it does,

Though, it will make me think twice before ordering from the same place again because if they offer customers a specific delivery date and then take it upon themselves to deliver on another day then perhaps they'd do that at other times, too, and perhaps they won't stick to other terms in their agreement(s).

Unprecedented times mate 

It’s the catch all for failings.

8 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I think that you are asking too much at the moment. Most sites are saying delivery by a certain date - including Amazon who have their own delivery service.

I have an item delivered every week by Royal Mail. It's shipped on the same day every week. I had one arrive yesterday and one today. I don't know if the shipper was wrong about the dispatch, or Royal Mail collect it late, or if Royal Mail left it somewhere for a while.

If the courier is competent, you should be able to tell them not to deliver today and try again on Tuesday. Mind you, if they are competent, you'll have a one hour delivery window.

3 minutes ago, limpid said:

I think that you are asking too much at the moment...

Thanks for the explanation of the situation in which we all find ourselves and of which I, as well as most others, are perfectly aware.

I've made several orders of things from online sellers over the past few weeks and am quite happy to have the various delivery requirements be as flexible as necessary.

Most of the sites I have used have given estimated delivery times (from 'up to 12 days' to 'within 21 working days' to 'April 30th - May 5th', &c.) and I'm quite happy to order on that basis. Had these sellers given that kind of window then that would have been fine, too - as it is they gave a window of about eight days and asked their customer to select a specific day from those options.

As suggested above, it's not a real problem though it does slightly piss me off. I have a problem with 'early' as much as others have a problem with 'late' - that applies to people, too.

If someone arranges to get to my house or meet me at a certain time and arrives early then it really pisses me off - especially if they expect me to be ready/there when they arrive which usually goes hand in hand with these 'early' people.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Thanks for the explanation of the situation in which we all find ourselves and of which I, as well as most others, are perfectly aware.

What pisses me off but shouldn't is people complaining about delivery times :mrgreen:

• Haha 2

We’ve come to expect deliveries to arrive within 1-2 days now, it’s mental.

I remember ordering stuff out of catalogues when i were a kid and waiting two weeks for it to turn up, even that was assuming it was on time! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We’ve come to expect deliveries to arrive within 1-2 days now, it’s mental.

I remember ordering stuff out of catalogues when i were a kid and waiting two weeks for it to turn up, even that was assuming it was on time! 

"Allow 28 days for delivery" was the usual tagline. 

• Like 3

I once ordered a washing machine at 10:30 on a Friday night from AO.com and paid for Saturday delivery, 7:00am next morning woke up to the delivery men knocking on the door.

Just now, Genie said:

I once ordered a washing machine at 10:30 on a Friday night from AO.com and paid for Saturday delivery, 7:00am next morning woke up to the delivery men knocking on the door.

Were you still pissed? Or did you remember ordering it :mrgreen:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, limpid said:

Were you still pissed? Or did you remember ordering it :mrgreen:

Haha, I was quite sober. We’d got back from centre parks in the afternoon and the washing machine decided to give up. I was just looking by chance and there was a banner to order in next x minutes for delivery tomorrow. I thought that was a result, didn’t expect it 9.5 hours later!!

It was an interesting night as during the night the carbon monoxide alarm went of and we all felt a bit dazed and confused. It probably saved our lives.

Â