Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We’ve come to expect deliveries to arrive within 1-2 days now, it’s mental.

I remember ordering stuff out of catalogues when i were a kid and waiting two weeks for it to turn up, even that was assuming it was on time! 

Ronny Chieng's bit on same day delivery in the brilliant stand-up Ronny Chieng destroys America (on netflix) likes this.

Some bloke in the flats where i live keeps singing. Normally, I'd be all encouraging of this. 

Just he's very adept at projecting his voice (in other words really really loud) and its repetitive, like the same line, over and over again. I can't work out what it is supposed to be either by title or even genre and it's starting to get on my wick after 5 weeks of it. Every day, sometime between 3 and 5pm. 

Mrsvm thinks he might be having singing lessons. I don't think so, unless his teacher is a mentalist. 

Da. Da. Da da da. 

5 syllables. 

Tonic, super tonic, tonic, subtonic, tonic. 

Over and over and over and over again.

Change the record mate 😤

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Some bloke in the flats where i live keeps singing. Normally, I'd be all encouraging of this. 

Just he's very adept at projecting his voice (in other words really really loud) and its repetitive, like the same line, over and over again. I can't work out what it is supposed to be either by title or even genre and it's starting to get on my wick after 5 weeks of it. Every day, sometime between 3 and 5pm. 

Mrsvm thinks he might be having singing lessons. I don't think so, unless his teacher is a mentalist. 

Da. Da. Da da da. 

5 syllables. 

Tonic, super tonic, tonic, subtonic, tonic. 

Over and over and over and over again.

Change the record mate 😤

Isn’t that the recently discovered oasis demo? 

• Like 3

The back of my flats border the back gardens of some houses. I can't see in due to the trees and bushes (always a barrier for the discerning peeping tom) but it sounds as though there is a party going on in one back garden. Just loads of voices and chatting and laughing. Representatives for Wellingborough.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

The back of my flats border the back gardens of some houses. I can't see in due to the trees and bushes (always a barrier for the discerning peeping tom) but it sounds as though there is a party going on in one back garden. Just loads of voices and chatting and laughing. Representatives for Wellingborough.

Nob on my fb feed had a nice picnic with his family next to the canal during his 1hr daily exercise allowance. Would love them to have been collared by the old bill and asked to explain which part of it was essential.

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

This could be your retaliation. 

With the advantage it’s one of the best songs ever written.

Its an exceptional song. A lot of people will scroll by. Its a guarantee that it will make your evening better. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

They could have been doing world naked gardening day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

They could have been doing world naked gardening day.

Thats what I was hoping for as I peered out the window with my jeans around my ankles. 

Answering the phones to the general public four hours a day, Mon to Friday

What a bunch of hick words removed I'm dealing with

These are people that are incapable of using either of our apps (one of which is a web page not an app) and can't use the speech recognition IVR

Half of them don't even know how to spell or pronounce their own address... frickin morons

I'm pissed off at myself for not getting off my arse to see what the queue situation (if any) is like at Costco near star city. Then again, i don't want to go all that way only to be stuck in a massive line.

Any other VTers been there lately ? If so, is it manic and not worth the hassle ?

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

I'm pissed off at myself for not getting off my arse to see what the queue situation (if any) is like at Costco near star city. Then again, i don't want to go all that way only to be stuck in a massive line.

Any other VTers been there lately ? If so, is it manic and not worth the hassle ?

I thought you wrote Costa there at first!

Talking of which, apparently there were huge hour long plus queues at some Costa drive thru branches this weekend after some of them opened. 

No wonder we will have the worst death rates in Europe if people are happy to queue hours for a shit coffee. Just wait until the Maccy D's open!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I used to go to Costa a few times a week, but after working from home with some good grade freshly roasted coffee beans, an aeropress and a milk frother, I can see how much money I've wasted on really shit coffee.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Xela said:

Just wait until the Maccy D's open!

I can wait for most things...restaurants, football, pubs.....but not desi pubs ! I am craving a mixed grill so badly.

I mean, you know how much i love my meat...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â