Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m using an i-pad and a HP laptop side by side.

If I try dabbing the screen of the laptop with the magic pen that comes with an ipad one more time...

The amount of times I’ve tried to enlarge a picture in a magazine with my fingertips is beginning to worry me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Why are you bothering with Amazon? If you paid on your credit card, take it up with them. You'll get your money back much quicker with them.

Because Amazon took money from my Credit Card company that I never authorised them to. Amazon have forced me to claim a refund from Amex but the theft is by Amazon. Hopefully Amex will be easier to deal with than the shysters at Amazon CS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brommy said:

Because Amazon took money from my Credit Card company that I never authorised them to. Amazon have forced me to claim a refund from Amex but the theft is by Amazon. Hopefully Amex will be easier to deal with than the shysters at Amazon CS.

Fair comment. My original post was more direct than intended. I should have just put "you'll deffo get your money back if you follow it up with the credit card company, rather than waste your time with the bell ends at Amazon". 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, choffer said:

Fair comment. My original post was more direct than intended. I should have just put "you'll deffo get your money back if you follow it up with the credit card company, rather than waste your time with the bell ends at Amazon". 

Just been on to Amex - completely different customer service experience. No hold time, spoke to a real person (not automated) who immediately understood my issue and has temporarily credited my account with the amount that Amazon stole. Amex are going to raise the issue with Amazon but the I should receive the refund as a permanent credit to my account within 10 working days. Thank you Amex. Up yours Amazon.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yes that's the one, good memory.  He's now started stalking her online sending nasty messages and making complaints about her at work.  She's 18 and just out of college, her older sister works on my department and I'm friends with both.  That's why I said I have lost all respect for him and I must look like a dickhead by association.  His behaviour towards women has always been pretty shocking.  

I think you've done the right thing sacking him off.

He must know by making complaints about her at work, never mind stalking that he's putting you in a crap position. The actions of a word removed. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've got one tonight for my brother's birthday and work one on Sunday.  My worst enemy is doing the questions for the work one but I don't want to seem like a scrooge and not do it.

It wasn't too bad in the end. Sometimes its good for me to leave my grumpy bastard work persona to one side!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yes that's the one, good memory.  He's now started stalking her online sending nasty messages and making complaints about her at work.  She's 18 and just out of college, her older sister works on my department and I'm friends with both.  That's why I said I have lost all respect for him and I must look like a dickhead by association.  His behaviour towards women has always been pretty shocking.  

pics or GTFO :ph34r:

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

The amount of times I’ve tried to enlarge a picture in a magazine with my fingertips is beginning to worry me. 

Are you still reading Men Only in this day and age 😉

• Haha 2

A bit mental in Poland today.

There's a protest artist called Kazik, who usually wrote anti-Communist songs, and won the chart a few times. He wrote a new song, this time critical of the current government, which again won the chart, and the state controlled radio station running the chart, pulled the entire chart stating the song 'was not on the approved list'.

The context of the song is, 10 years ago there was the Smolensk disaster, and the President and many others died; at the time, the President was the twin brother of the guy who basically runs the country (leader of the ruling party). On the 10th anniversary of the disaster, during lockdown, the leaders went to the memorial, no masks, no distance whilst keeping the gates locked for anyone else to show respects. The song is called 'Your pain is better than mine'.

Now, the most popular Male artist (think Bieber of Poland) is boycotting the radio station. It's mental. You've got a real culture war going on here between the ruling Government and their devout followers and the rest of us.

@fightoffyour do you know any more??

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, A'Villan said:

The lady afforded the job of issuing passports literally told my Colombian friend of African descent that he needed to go back to his own country. 

in Australia? A nation of immigrants, that mostly still identify to a degree with their families "old country"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

A bit mental in Poland today.

There's a protest artist called Kazik, who usually wrote anti-Communist songs, and won the chart a few times. He wrote a new song, this time critical of the current government, which again won the chart, and the state controlled radio station running the chart, pulled the entire chart stating the song 'was not on the approved list'.

The context of the song is, 10 years ago there was the Smolensk disaster, and the President and many others died; at the time, the President was the twin brother of the guy who basically runs the country (leader of the ruling party). On the 10th anniversary of the disaster, during lockdown, the leaders went to the memorial, no masks, no distance whilst keeping the gates locked for anyone else to show respects. The song is called 'Your pain is better than mine'.

Now, the most popular Male artist (think Bieber of Poland) is boycotting the radio station. It's mental. You've got a real culture war going on here between the ruling Government and their devout followers and the rest of us.

@fightoffyour do you know any more??

I think you said it all!

The Polish government is worryingly trying to control many things, the judiciary being another recent example.

Hermes

Ordered an item that was sent via Hermes, got a text last Monday to say it was with Hermes at the warehouse and would be delivered Tuesday, in Wednesday I get an email to say it's been delayed and would be delivered in 24 hours, still hasn't been delivered, cant contact anyone other than webchat who only tell me the same thing, the parcel is delayed as of Wednesday and they will deliver in the next 24 hours

25 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Hermes

Ordered an item that was sent via Hermes, got a text last Monday to say it was with Hermes at the warehouse and would be delivered Tuesday, in Wednesday I get an email to say it's been delayed and would be delivered in 24 hours, still hasn't been delivered, cant contact anyone other than webchat who only tell me the same thing, the parcel is delayed as of Wednesday and they will deliver in the next 24 hours

This is the item I ordered from eBay coming via Hermes

B367043-C-E283-4-F09-932-F-C8213-F908-C7

48 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Hermes

I have two deliveries overdue from Hermes. One is from the US - it's arrived in the UK on Tuesday and is just "in London". The other, I've been promised by Wednesday - which means Hermes haven't even collected it yet a week from when the collection was booked.

10 minutes ago, limpid said:

I have two deliveries overdue from Hermes. One is from the US - it's arrived in the UK on Tuesday and is just "in London". The other, I've been promised by Wednesday - which means Hermes haven't even collected it yet a week from when the collection was booked.

Most other couriers and delivery services are managing ok, Hermes seem to be having a shocker. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Most other couriers and delivery services are managing ok, Hermes seem to be having a shocker. 

Business as usual for Hermes.

I've had so many poor experiences with them and Yodel, I specifically check which couriers any site use, and I just won't buy from them if those two are the only option.

I'll happily pay a few quid to get RM or DPD rather than have days of frustration as those clowns attempt to deliver a parcel.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Business as usual for Hermes.

I've had so many poor experiences with them and Yodel, I specifically check which couriers any site use, and I just won't buy from them if those two are the only option.

I'll happily pay a few quid to get RM or DPD rather than have days of frustration as those clowns attempt to deliver a parcel.

This. Hermes have always been shite. I once took a day off work, having paid them for delivery on a specific day. Didn't turn up. 

• Like 2

Â