Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

You deserve all that befell you, bloody hipster. Fish paste, less avalanche potential with that. 

Yes!

spacer.png

But with beetroot on top, still gotta be careful!

• Like 1

I’m waiting on 25% off a skateboard (yeah, I’m that guy) and I just know it will be Friday and I’ll have to get in to town with all the shop zombies. Really don’t want to be part of it, but also don’t see the point of spending £120 today when it’s £90 in a day or two.

29 minutes ago, bickster said:

The sheer amount of people that do not understand how to use the past tense of bias

So, I'm guessing it should be "The referee is bias" and "The referee was biased"? You get annoyed when people say "The referee is biased"?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, il_serpente said:

Bias is an adjective.  Adjectives don't have a tense.

It's a noun, actually. But like many nouns, it can be used as a verb, e.g. "Placed on a blacklist" = "Blacklisted". 

EDIT: Which I guess makes it an adverb. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

Median income for non-hispanic whites in the U.S is $170,000 per annum

Median income for African American blacks in the U.S is $17,000 per annum.

18.6 million people living on less than $1.90 per day in the Middle East and North Africa.

That's the equivalent of 75% of Australia's population, living on $1.90 per day.

That's pretty extreme. I wonder if Australia would ever become the land of extremists?

Halliburton represent!

Edited by A'Villan

51 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Median income for non-hispanic whites in the U.S is $170,000 per annum

Median income for African American blacks in the U.S is $17,000 per annum.

18.6 million people living on less than $1.90 per day in the Middle East and North Africa.

That's the equivalent of 75% of Australia's population, living on $1.90 per day.

That's pretty extreme. I wonder if Australia would ever become the land of extremists?

Halliburton represent!

edit: getting my means, modes and medians mixed up! 

I'm pretty sure white isn't the highest paid demographic in the US, I believe Indians and East Asians earn more on average?

https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2019/09/us-median-household-income-up-in-2018-from-2017.html1569508236833.jpg

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

It's a noun, actually. But like many nouns, it can be used as a verb, e.g. "Placed on a blacklist" = "Blacklisted". 

EDIT: Which I guess makes it an adverb. 

You’re correct, of course.  Biased is the adjective form.   Outsmarted  myself, as I had started out to type “bias is not a verb”, and changed  it up without changing the form of “bias”.    Anyway, tense don’t enter into it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Median will be skewed by CEOs of huge companies, no? Gates, Zuckerburg, et al?

What is the mean and mode income?

I'm pretty sure white isn't the highest paid demographic in the US, I believe Indians and East Asians earn more on average?

Actually, the mean will be skewed by the billionaires, not the median, but even so I find the figure hard to believe.  Although I don’t recall seeing a figure specificallly for whites, I seem to remember consistently running across a figure in the range of $60-70,000 as an overall average household income, but perhaps I’m remembering median.  I can tell you that $170,000 is a very high salary for anyone other than an executive in most of the country.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Actually, the mean will be skewed by the billionaires, not the median, but even so I find the figure hard to believe.  Although I don’t recall seeing a figure specificallly for whites, I seem to remember consistently running across a figure in the range of $60-70,000 as an overall average household income, but perhaps I’m remembering median.  I can tell you that $170,000 is a very high salary for anyone other than an executive in most of the country.

Yeah i did edit my post as I confused my means and medians! 

Its updated with the correct figures now. 

Â