Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

18 hours ago, Chindie said:

Last Podcast Network has signed exclusivity with Spotify.

I love Last Podcast on the Left and many of the other shows they produce, and have had 5 years or so laughing at their stuff. But exclusivity with podcasts **** sucks. I don't want to have another app on my phone just to listen to one podcast.

The signs were there I guess. The show has grown considerably in the hat few years and especially in the last 18 months the advertising had become obnoxious, clearly the money had turned and now Spotify have slapped down some cash and they've grabbed it. A shame.

Incidentally the increasing fragmentation of media is going to backfire quite quickly I suspect. Every man and his dog wants their own streaming service, every company is grabbing any emerging opportunity in the field, and it appears to be predictably anti-consumer. When the thought for a long time was the separation of content would benefit the consumer.

That's a pity. I stopped listening 18months ago as far too much time was being spent telling us about their other projects etc., well, and the humor was becoming pretty repetitive. Can't really blame them for cashing out I suppose.

3 hours ago, villakram said:

That's a pity. I stopped listening 18months ago as far too much time was being spent telling us about their other projects etc., well, and the humor was becoming pretty repetitive. Can't really blame them for cashing out I suppose.

It's still my favourite podcast but it's definitely not as great as it was. The biggest issue has been the adverts for me. The episode length has ballooned but a lot of it has come from the sheer number and length of adverts, and they're all done in this horrible style. Their other shows are the worst for it, particularly Page 7, but all of them suffer. I've also noticed that Ben is becoming insufferable, the politics show recently had him clearly talking absolute bollocks but he was having none of it.

the constant jerkathon frenzy the media are in over Mourinho....

Totally nauseating to see the amount of fawning and sycophancy by grown men, who are supposed to be impartial journalists. 

the sports media have become nothing more than an advertisement for the elite few, hell bent on ramming their paymasters agenda down the consumers throats. 

(Just finished a week of night duties so easily narked!) 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Got in there to be greeted by the owner announcing ‘ah Chris, can you look after the shop for me, I’ll literally be a couple of minutes’. 

That literally happened to me in Probe on Sunday (the look after the shop bit)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

the constant jerkathon frenzy the media are in over Mourinho....

Totally nauseating to see the amount of fawning and sycophancy by grown men, who are supposed to be impartial journalists. 

the sports media have become nothing more than an advertisement for the elite few, hell bent on ramming their paymasters agenda down the consumers throats. 

(Just finished a week of night duties so easily narked!) 

Apart from Villa I hate the whole **** Premier League

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Love it myself, but then I did grow up in the eighties. Nostalgia innit. 

Exactly so. Had I been born even ten years later, I would probably have loved all that 80s music. But I wasn't, and it will always sound shit to my ears. Then there's the fashions and the politics. Ugh. Even the Villa nosedived after '82. Only saving grace was getting married and having kids. 

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Exactly so. Had I been born even ten years later, I would probably have loved all that 80s music. But I wasn't, and it will always sound shit to my ears. Then there's the fashions and the politics. Ugh. Even the Villa nosedived after '82. Only saving grace was getting married and having kids. 

Mike, I reckon you have got ten years on me and I hate it as much as you do. It pains me that there is so much nostalgia for that decade. 

• Thanks 1

Add me to those who find the 80s absolutely hideous, I was born in 85 so missed it first time really but looking back at it I've always been mystified how a culture that horrific could develop.  I assume in 10-15 years' time they will look upon the 2010s as similarly awful.

• Like 1

80's nostalgia is such a wide thing to measure though. I have 80's nostalgia but only for certain things, I dont love the 80's as a whole.

It had lots to look back fondly on and lots of iconic things still loved today. 

Gameboy, Master System, NES, the best cartoons, great TV and films, the toys, some great music etc...

Lots that were very bad outside of pop culture type things of course but it's no different to any other decade in terms of good and bad.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

80's nostalgia is such a wide thing to measure though. I have 80's nostalgia but only for certain things, I dont live the 80's as a whole.

It had lots to look back fondly on and lots of iconic things still loved today. 

Gameboy, Master System, SNES, the best cartoons, great TV and films, the toys, some great music etc...

Lots that were very bad outside of pop culture type things of course but it's no different to any other decade in terms of good and bad.

I think you like the 90s based on the named examples. 

I've seen it suggested that the reason that the whole eighties revival is being pushed in popular culture is because the decades since the 90s have pretty much become indistinguishable from one another and don't really have their own identities in the same way that previous decades had done, so now the identities from older decades are having to be used for marketing purposes.

• Like 1

Â