Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

8 hours ago, Xela said:

Mine was tonight. Gutted to miss it. Started at 1:30pm on Broad St and a few of the team still out (updates and photos going on via the sales team whatsapp group)

I am genuinely feeling a bit down for missing it (and a mates gig in Kings Heath on Wednesday) due to this bloody flu. 

December has been a horrific month so far. 22nd tomorrow and not even started Xmas shopping yet! 

That sucks Xela, hope you get rid of the flu and manage a few festive beverages soon. 

( on the bright side, Think of the money you’ve saved though :) )

• Like 1

5 hours ago, A'Villan said:

People who can't appreciate good hip-hop. Ugh.

But surely that’s just your take on what is good/bad. 

Personally I can’t take to the misogynistic, macho, drugs, guns n bitches bollocks but can appreciate the likes of Jurassic 5, De La Soul, Blackalicious, DJ Format, Beastie Boys etc

What do you consider good hip-hop? 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, A'Villan said:

People who can't appreciate good hip-hop. Ugh.

Hip-hop is pretty much all I listen to but no one has to appreciate it, even the 'good' stuff, it's all down to preference, I'm sure there's 'good' indie music or 'good' techno music, but I think it's all garbage! Not for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

My work christmas parties are brlliant, love them.

I work for a very large company, it's all very professional and organised. Smart dress code, sit down meal, live band etc...but by the time everyone has had a few drinks anything goes.

Rightly so.

Yep. Ours was 1500+, booked a pop star, free food, cheap bar and I met a bird. Win/win!

17 hours ago, theboyangel said:

But surely that’s just your take on what is good/bad. 

Personally I can’t take to the misogynistic, macho, drugs, guns n bitches bollocks but can appreciate the likes of Jurassic 5, De La Soul, Blackalicious, DJ Format, Beastie Boys etc

What do you consider good hip-hop? 

Of course it's just my take on things.

To quote one hip-hop artist, "just because you go platinum doesn't mean it was luck, it just means that a million people are stupid as f***"

I think you have a good taste in hip-hop, despite those artists not being my personal favourites.

I agree with your dislikes as well. I have no time for them.

I like anything that rhymes about the human spirit, teaches me about their journey in an inspiring way or that can educate me.

Immortal Technique, Tupac (when he's not on some thug s***), Sabac Red (I have a dream is by far his best track), Cormega to name a few of my personal favourites.

"Yo what the f*** happen to reality spitting rhyme slayers
These days everybody trying to be a thug or a player
Where did all the real motherf***ers go in the game
Bring back the break dancers and graffiti writers with fame"

20 hours ago, blandy said:

Its hard to find, tbf. So much crap, so little good , relatively. Hos and guns ⛹️‍♂️.

Absolutely.

Hos and guns puts it aptly. That attitude toward women and killing other people are fundamental in the divorce from all that is worthwhile.

But it's all about the street cred and props holmes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hip-hop is pretty much all I listen to but no one has to appreciate it, even the 'good' stuff, it's all down to preference, I'm sure there's 'good' indie music or 'good' techno music, but I think it's all garbage! Not for me.

Agreed, my post wasn't all that serious. I just can't fathom how you could dislike it.

In saying that I don't have my head so far up my own arse that I have prejudice towards anyone who can't appreciate it, I love them for the numbskulls that they are 😋

Heavy metal is probably the only kind of music that is something I can't stand to listen to, but even then some of the lyrics have appeal.

8 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Agreed, my post wasn't all that serious. I just can't fathom how you could dislike it.

In saying that I don't have my head so far up my own arse that I have prejudice towards anyone who can't appreciate it, I love them for the numbskulls that they are 😋

Heavy metal is probably the only kind of music that is something I can't stand to listen to, but even then some of the lyrics have appeal.

It's not about having your head up your arse, if you don't like how hiphop sounds (everything from the rapping to the beats) then you're just not going to like it, you don't have to appreciate it, it's simple preference. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just queued for 20 mins to pay for a pork pie, it was the last item on the list. This isn't what pissed me off though, it was the Representatives for Wellingborough in the basket queue with trolleys. The shop managers solution was to give them baskets to put their goods in, so they filled the baskets and put them in their trolleys and pushed them, to the basket tills then handed the baskets over one at a time. This was perfectly ok with the manager, in fact, it was his suggestion :bang::bang::bang:

59 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's not about having your head up your arse, if you don't like how hiphop sounds (everything from the rapping to the beats) then you're just not going to like it, you don't have to appreciate it, it's simple preference. 

Exactly so. In my case, it's probably just generational - it ALL sounds horrible to my 64 year old ears. The lyrics are mostly incomprehensible (and unpleasant when comprehended). The rhythms are crude, mechanical and bludgeoning. Melody and harmony (essential components in music, for me) are basically nonexistent.  

All of which is pretty much what my parents said about the Stones, the Kinks and the Who.  :) 

23 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Exactly so. In my case, it's probably just generational - it ALL sounds horrible to my 64 year old ears. The lyrics are mostly incomprehensible (and unpleasant when comprehended). The rhythms are crude, mechanical and bludgeoning. Melody and harmony (essential components in music, for me) are basically nonexistent.  

All of which is pretty much what my parents said about the Stones, the Kinks and the Who.  :) 

Agree with all apart from the last sentence, my dad loved the Stones and the Who. Sadly he never bought records which would have been mine now, I've had to buy my **** own :)

44 minutes ago, bickster said:

I just queued for 20 mins to pay for a pork pie, it was the last item on the list. This isn't what pissed me off though, it was the Representatives for Wellingborough in the basket queue with trolleys. The shop managers solution was to give them baskets to put their goods in, so they filled the baskets and put them in their trolleys and pushed them, to the basket tills then handed the baskets over one at a time. This was perfectly ok with the manager, in fact, it was his suggestion :bang::bang::bang:

This happened to me before.

I had a trolley, but the queues for the checkout were quite long. So the manager came over and told me to use the basket queue. I protested, because I had a trolley, but he said it was fine because nobody was waiting for the basket queue. Which was true to be fair.

But, sod's law, I get halfway through unloading my shopping and a load of people with baskets turn up. Tutting and shaking their heads at the mong who's clogging up the basket queue with a trolley.

I was embarrassed. 

• Haha 1

Â