Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 14/12/2018 at 16:46, sharkyvilla said:

The most awkward Christmas work do I had was when my line manager organised cocaine for anyone who wanted it (which I didn't).  How he never got sacked for it I don't know.

I my manager organised cocaine for me it would literally blow my mind. 

Xmas parties of excess were extremely common in the banking industry pre recession. I went to some epic ones, no expense spared and anything you wanted was available. 

Now they are a little more laid back and much smaller - usually departmental ones now as opposed to the whole business. 

52 minutes ago, Xela said:

Xmas parties of excess were extremely common in the banking industry pre recession. I went to some epic ones, no expense spared and anything you wanted was available. 

Same in advertising in the late 90s early 2000's.

As Roy Batty would say "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe" 😁

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

People with certain political views referring to everyone who doesn’t agree with them as being a “snowflake”.

It really becoming more and more like a school playground.

An American school playground, at that. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

People with certain political views referring to everyone who doesn’t agree with them as being a “snowflake”.

I’d add a few other insults to ‘snowflake’ that I don’t like. Just because one doesn’t agree with someone else, it’s not okay to refer to them as a ‘swivel eyed loon’, ‘gammon faced’, etceteras. Using insults does not enhance, it devalues ones argument. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

'Snowflake' is used by people on the right as frequently as 'fascist' is used by people on the left to describe people who don't agree with them. I think the bottom line is that politics is in the toilet right now. Genuine debate seems to be impossible. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

'Snowflake' is used by people on the right as frequently as 'fascist' is used by people on the left to describe people who don't agree with them. I think the bottom line is that politics is in the toilet right now. Genuine debate seems to be impossible. 

I agree, 'fascist' usually inappropriate. 

'Swivel-eyed loon', on the other hand, is usually on the money. 

53 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Commentators nowadays apologising for language heard from chants in the crowd.

I saw a film on a plane recently, and all the swears, every one had not been blanked, or beeped, but instead had been overdubbed. It was so bad it was funny. "catch that mustard fudger", and such like.

I mean who are they afraid of upsetting? and are there more of them than people who are annoyed that a film is rendered comical by dubious overdubbing of what the murcans call cussing?

I really wanted to enjoy telly tubbies the movie but it was ruined by kowtowing to the, er, Po-faced.

• Haha 1

Â