Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This happened to me before.

I had a trolley, but the queues for the checkout were quite long. So the manager came over and told me to use the basket queue. I protested, because I had a trolley, but he said it was fine because nobody was waiting for the basket queue. Which was true to be fair.

But, sod's law, I get halfway through unloading my shopping and a load of people with baskets turn up. Tutting and shaking their heads at the mong who's clogging up the basket queue with a trolley.

I was embarrassed. 

Bit different, these people were 20 mins into queuing when the manager did this

And my issue is, what was the f***ing point, they might as well have just used the trolleys

• Like 1

I've just 'braved' the supermarkets... tried Sainsbury's at Mere Green... resembled Glastonbury car park in the rain. Sacked that off and went to M&S Food Hall nearby... busy but manageable and the self service checkouts were moving quickly as the majority of the customers were elderly and wanted a traditional checkout (glaring stereotype I know!).

My own fault, partly, leaving it this late (but I have been ill and not well enough to go out). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Agree with all apart from the last sentence, my dad loved the Stones and the Who. Sadly he never bought records which would have been mine now, I've had to buy my **** own :)

I'll bet your dad wasn't born in 1903, though. 

TBF, it was mostly my mom (b. 1914) who complained about the music. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Having a 'cute' name for everyday.

Apparently the last Saturday before Christmas is now "Super" Saturday. The Friday night before is "Black eye Friday"

It's the SkySportsification of our national psyche.

The Friday before has always been Mad Friday in our office but that's because its virtually guaranteed to be the busiest day of the year and nearly always the busiest day ever (given our almost 100% record of year on year growth)

I've not looked at the figures but we'll have completed in the region of 55,000 bookings, which is about 15-20,000 more than a typical Friday 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I've just 'braved' the supermarkets... tried Sainsbury's at Mere Green... resembled Glastonbury car park in the rain. Sacked that off and went to M&S Food Hall nearby... busy but manageable and the self service checkouts were moving quickly as the majority of the customers were elderly and wanted a traditional checkout (glaring stereotype I know!).

My own fault, partly, leaving it this late (but I have been ill and not well enough to go out). 

I'm heading for Mere Green Sainsburys tomorrow. Only need a couple of things but almost tempted to walk there instead of drive as it's always getting in and out of the car park that's the worst.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm heading for Mere Green Sainsburys tomorrow. Only need a couple of things but almost tempted to walk there instead of drive as it's always getting in and out of the car park that's the worst.

Those who can't get on the car park by the halfway house/M&S tend to park in Sainsbury's park instead. I know; I've done it myself. Sorry.

Walking sounds like a good plan to me. 

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Having a 'cute' name for everyday.

Apparently the last Saturday before Christmas is now "Super" Saturday. The Friday night before is "Black eye Friday"

It's the SkySportsification of our national psyche.

I think today was word removed Sunday

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

No spaces left at all in the car park today and that was before Sainsburys was due to open (10am on Sunday!)

I parked on Cremorne Road (where the tool hire shop is). Ordinarily I would have walked up but I was off elsewhere afterwards. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Formbyites are particularly tight-fisted (and well off). The Waitrose car park is free for 1 1/2 hours (for the almost unprovable Waitrose customers only). The privately owned car park in the Village is 50p for an hour, £1 for 2 hours going up to £4 all day. The council car park is 30p for half an hour, £1 for 2 hours. Now half an hour is almost useless on a day like today.

Waitrose car park - rammed (Waitrose wasn't THAT busy itself), The Private car park - pretty full. The council car park... spaces galore. You can walk between all three car parks in 3 minutes I reckon. And the chances of a council parking warden attending the car park on the Sunday before Xmas? Nil

They are predictably stupid, they'll queue to get in the Waitrose one when the council one is on the other side of the road is half empty (like their heads)

• Like 1

Have to say, our shop in Morrisons was OK today. Yes, the car park was rammed, and like some sort of parking videogame. Yes, the queues at the checkouts were enormous. But most people seemed to be good humoured about it all. It was a case of just staying calm and taking it as it came. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Xela said:

No spaces left at all in the car park today and that was before Sainsburys was due to open (10am on Sunday!)

I parked on Cremorne Road (where the tool hire shop is). Ordinarily I would have walked up but I was off elsewhere afterwards. 

They've put an Argos in our Sainsburys which makes things even worse.  The queue for click and collecting stuff from Argos almost reached all the way out of the shop, let alone a billion people trying to do their food shop as well.  It was nuts.

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Why does anyone shop in Sainsbury's, thinks its Marks and Spencers but its worse than Tesco

I don't really give a **** where I shop. Sainsbury's is close and it's big. If it was a Tesco or Morrisons instead then I'd still go there.

On 09/12/2018 at 17:48, Stevo985 said:

Nope 

and I love my fancy indicators :) 

Whatever about the aesthetics of it, my main issue is that Audi took what is a safety feature and made it gimmicky.  Simply put, that should be illegal.

28 minutes ago, BOF said:

Whatever about the aesthetics of it, my main issue is that Audi took what is a safety feature and made it gimmicky.  Simply put, that should be illegal.

Visibility or how noticeable an indicator is provides the key to it’s safety. In that respect the so-called ‘dynamic’ indicators are actually safer than normal indicator which are not visible for 50% of the time.

Â