Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

20 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

A long time ago I knew a couple of Docks Police that were thieves at best, possibly in to more than that.

But that was 30 years ago, not sure there's even such a thing as Docks Police anymore.

There most certainly is. Here on Murkeyside we have...

Merseyside Police

British Transport Police

Port of Liverpool Police

Mersey Tunnels Police

That's 4 Police Forces in one city

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

There most certainly is. Here on Murkeyside we have...

Merseyside Police

British Transport Police

Port of Liverpool Police

Mersey Tunnels Police

That's 4 Police Forces in one city

Plus the Civil Nuclear Constabulary. 

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Yes, of course - gender.

See ? My trembling outrage at their ignorance has affected my own ability to express moi-même !!

Maybe the kid will be raised as 'gender neutral' and will identify as a male in the future... or a gender fluid non binary pangender entity. Or some such attention seeking bollocks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

You have more self-restraint than me. A couple we vaguely knew (friends of friends) named their daughters Madelaine and Dorothy. Or, as I pointed out to them, Mad and Dotty. They weren't amused. 

At a guess I would say one of them is now missing and one of them is in the US,  Kansas possibly?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Should have said 4 police forces that I know of :D or 4 police forces that have stopped me for speeding ;)

You've probably bumped into some without realising.

Certain areas (and Merseyside is one) utilise them as first responders and armed response.

Speed near a nuclear power station and you'll definitely be able to add them to your speeding ticket collection. 

Just now, Mandy Lifeboats said:

You've probably bumped into some without realising.

Certain areas (and Merseyside is one) utilise them as first responders and armed response.

Speed near a nuclear power station and you'll definitely be able to add them to your speeding ticket collection. 

Oh I rarely actually get tickets ;)

If I do its usually from a camera, machines are far less forgiving than humans

I do remember now you mention it they were deployed here back in May due to the terror alert, twas in the local rag rag rag rag

5 or 6 purchases of varying necessity, id planned on getting most of them in the next few months but the savings made it worth getting them now. 

Added bonus of another post for the thread. 

Out for delivery today, not a problem I'm in. Hear the letterbox go so I check, we missed you card. Go outside and guy is getting in his van, your neighbours didn't answer so your parcels are at the shop. I'm in mate you should have knocked the door. He mumbled something and drove off. 

With the whole Bradley Lowrey thing, and people wearing football shirts in work today (which I fully support), is the amount of Manc supporting rats there appears to be in my office. Also disappointing to see who some of the hot lasses support too.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

With the whole Bradley Lowrey thing, and people wearing football shirts in work today (which I fully support), is the amount of Manc supporting rats there appears to be in my office. Also disappointing to see who some of the hot lasses support too.

In our office today I've seen 2 baggies, 1 wolves, 3 Villa and no blues LOLZ. The other 20+ have been mainly Chelsea with a few Liverpool and Arsenal tops.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

In our office today I've seen 2 baggies, 1 wolves, 3 Villa and no blues LOLZ. The other 20+ have been mainly Chelsea with a few Liverpool and Arsenal tops.

1 Everton, 1 Darlington, an old school Man City shirt (probably trying to show he's not a glory hunter) a good smattering of local sides (Newcastle, Boro, and Sunderland), and loads of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, and loads and loads of Yanited shirts.  

Â