Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

because the first doctor might be wrong with "ear infection that cannot be cured by antibiotics orally... the only thing that will cure it is intravenous antibiotics."

It could be that the second doctor/nurse might be correct...

50/50.

I was more annoyed by the ignorance of the facts that were wrote on the notes. Just making shit up as she went along . Maybe it had been a long day for her. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Seeing as it's pride, in a book full of stupidity the tale of sodom and gomarroh really do seem a bit special

god hated the sin so much that he sent angels to destroy the cities so badly that no one would ever be able to find them or prove that they existed...

of course he did fella :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Love Island contestants. 

Vapid and narcissistic arseholes. I hope they all contract ebola. 

Actually you could pretty much extend that to Geordie Shore and Ex on the Beach 'stars'

A microcosm of modern day materially obsessed celebrity culture. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Xela said:

Amen to that, brother !

What summed it all up for me was when the last winner of I'm a "celebrity" had a claim to fame for.......being filmed watching TV (gogglebox i think it was called).

As for Big Brother, Kardashians, ex on the beach.....jesus christ :bang:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Love Island contestants. 

Actually you could pretty much extend that to Geordie Shore and Ex on the Beach 'stars'

Half the population idolize them and half are laughing at them yet they are famous and rich in a lot of cases, is it the people pointing fingers who are wrong and out of touch? I honestly have no idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

No, it's the people idolising and enabling this shit, banal culture that are wrong and always will be wrong.

Fire the lot of them into the **** sun.

What has the Sun ever done to you to deserve that?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Amen to that, brother !

What summed it all up for me was when the last winner of I'm a "celebrity" had a claim to fame for.......being filmed watching TV (gogglebox i think it was called).

As for Big Brother, Kardashians, ex on the beach.....jesus christ :bang:

Why do you watch this stuff if it's so awful? 

I've neved seen one minute of any of them. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I don't either and why are you up so early ?

The problem is the word " Celebrity" ,  in the 70's and 80's you needed talent to be classed as a celebrity.  You cannot jus rok up somewhere and say " My dad is X",  not good enough.  In fact there was a horse that regulary appeared on TV shows in the 70's (we all know his name).  I put it forward that not only did he have more talent than all these grade E celebs put together but he would be vastly more interesting than any of these words removed these days on Parkinson or the like.

Muhammad Ali - A class

Red Rum - A class

Richard Burton - A class

I would say these are in celebrity terms examples of true, interesting and talented people.

I don't know what Gordie Shore is but I don't think they can eve be on the same level.  People don't understand that if you watch shit programmes they will keep making more.

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I don't. I made my judgement on the trailers for those shows and it looks like I made the right decision. 

In my opinion anyway.

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Couldn't sleep (drank more beer than I usually do). 

I am an hour ahead of you but I was up becasue of back pain.  At a certain point,  no matter what I should stop picking up my granddaughter.  She has gone from super feather weight to dead weight in a month, it must be bone hardening or something as it's almost overnight.  I can only just manage to walk up the stairs with her now.  

I suppose you have had this problem as well unless you are 6 foot 7 and 120 Kg's ? 

I feel like I have run a marathon and I only had her for 36 hours but I suppose I try and pack a few days worth of fun into a small time frame which is mistake number 1 maybe + I like the fact she is getting older but in a way it would be great if she could stay about 4 or so so do lot's and lot's.  

Translating and speaking dutch does not help either,  after a while that is really tiring as well.  

13 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Half the population idolize them and half are laughing at them yet they are famous and rich in a lot of cases, is it the people pointing fingers who are wrong and out of touch? I honestly have no idea.

If being 'in touch' means fawning over these insipid fame whores then i'll gladly stay out of touch! :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Muhammad Ali - A class

Red Rum - A class

Richard Burton - A class

Now there is a Love Island line up i'd watch! :D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Xela said:

Love Island contestants. 

Oh I think I posted about one of them a while back in this very thread, word removed :bang:

The Virgin Trains Spandau or Speedcore advert on TV at the moment. The example they use is not Speedcore. This is mother **** Speedcore 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Spending my afternoon having to trim the next door neighbours hedge which grows over my fence, both sides too

Strangely enough, I've just been doing the same thing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I am an hour ahead of you but I was up becasue of back pain.  At a certain point,  no matter what I should stop picking up my granddaughter.  She has gone from super feather weight to dead weight in a month, it must be bone hardening or something as it's almost overnight.  I can only just manage to walk up the stairs with her now.  

I suppose you have had this problem as well unless you are 6 foot 7 and 120 Kg's ? 

I feel like I have run a marathon and I only had her for 36 hours but I suppose I try and pack a few days worth of fun into a small time frame which is mistake number 1 maybe + I like the fact she is getting older but in a way it would be great if she could stay about 4 or so so do lot's and lot's.  

Translating and speaking dutch does not help either,  after a while that is really tiring as well.  

So far so good. Bonnie is two, and (obviously) growing fast. She's getting a bit heavy to carry, but unless I've previously 'twinge-d' my back it seems OK atm. 

Â