Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Like I said I'm way off the mark but it just seems like a pro nazi area with a lot of skinhead gangs. I've been watching too much of Ross kemp I think :)

:)  Loads of really interesting information on Hitler and Poland out there mate.  Essentially, he rand through Poland like it wasn't there, singled out the Jewish population there and then proceeded to kill them.

It was one of the first "land grabs" Germany did in WW2 - The Blitzkrieg ("Lightning war", using tanks etc)..  Poor old Poland had a very poor and disorganised Army.  And they did it with the Soviets (who later fought the Germans in some of the bloodiest battles ever).

Germany Vs Poland is quite a heated rivalry STILL!

Have a google of Danzig - it all starts from there :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That part of the world does seem a bit hardcore regarding the right wing. It's like that drug dealer in Huddersfield who the police shot dead. The locals have been out protesting that it was police brutality and that the victim was a good man. Bullshit! He deals drugs and has been linked to murders in the area. He has also held people at gunpoint in the past. 

I was just on my lunch break and turned on Sky News and saw this and couldn't quite believe what I was seeing. Hundreds of people at his local mosque in tears and carrying the coffin etc, his parents and family stating that he was the "perfect son", and claiming it was an organised assassination from the police for seemingly... no reason. REALLY? Are you that stupid? The reaction from the local community with the protesting after is shambolic. They also reported that everyone in the area knew he was a drug dealer and involved in organised crime.  As a community we shouldn't react this way to a seemingly dangerous criminal being killed.  His parents being upset by it, I understand. But the rest of the community? Doesn't sit right with me.

Has it been released under what circumstances the police shot him? I can't imagine they'd just shoot for no reason unless he was reaching for a weapon himself? 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

In Poland, nationalism is less of a skin-head, nazi culture and is more mainstream.

Hitler definitely is not a hero to many here :blink:

Stefan, whats the view of Russia in Poland, thinking off the back of the Katyn Massacre. Is there hatred or has it been forgotten?

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Stefan, whats the view of Russia in Poland, thinking off the back of the Katyn Massacre. Is there hatred or has it been forgotten?

It depends who you speak to. People of my generation don't really care about Russia. In my work, plenty will have Ukrainian friends who fled because of the civil war who may disagree though.

However, older people and especially those who support PiS (the ruling party) absolutely hate them. They're absolutely convinced that the Russians were responsible for Smolensk and the death of the former President and they dispute any evidence from any independent bodies saying otherwise. Their blind hatred makes them dismiss facts and solid evidence.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

:)  Loads of really interesting information on Hitler and Poland out there mate.  Essentially, he rand through Poland like it wasn't there, singled out the Jewish population there and then proceeded to kill them.

It was one of the first "land grabs" Germany did in WW2 - The Blitzkrieg ("Lightning war", using tanks etc)..  Poor old Poland had a very poor and disorganised Army.  And they did it with the Soviets (who later fought the Germans in some of the bloodiest battles ever).

Germany Vs Poland is quite a heated rivalry STILL!

Have a google of Danzig - it all starts from there :) 

Yeah I know they invaded Poland but was just saying you seem to get a lot of skin head groups in that part of the world who look up to hitler. Strange really when you consider he invaded their countries. That's the image I get of Poland anyway but I'm probably wrong and there are just as many skin head nazi hangs over here.

40 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I was just on my lunch break and turned on Sky News and saw this and couldn't quite believe what I was seeing. Hundreds of people at his local mosque in tears and carrying the coffin etc, his parents and family stating that he was the "perfect son", and claiming it was an organised assassination from the police for seemingly... no reason. REALLY? Are you that stupid? The reaction from the local community with the protesting after is shambolic. They also reported that everyone in the area knew he was a drug dealer and involved in organised crime.  As a community we shouldn't react this way to a seemingly dangerous criminal being killed.  His parents being upset by it, I understand. But the rest of the community? Doesn't sit right with me.

Has it been released under what circumstances the police shot him? I can't imagine they'd just shoot for no reason unless he was reaching for a weapon himself? 

Shocking really mate. I've not read why but I'd bet he probably reached for his gun or was acting in a manner where the police had to make a decision to shoot or not. It's like these gangsters all over our cities and when they get killed you have whole communities going to their funeral and the police have to block off roads for them. Barmy really.

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yeah I know they invaded Poland but was just saying you seem to get a lot of skin head groups in that part of the world who look up to hitler. Strange really when you consider he invaded their countries. That's the image I get of Poland anyway but I'm probably wrong and there are just as many skin head nazi hangs over here.

Poland is different in that sense. It's far more European feeling. It has come a very long way in a very short space of time.

Edited by StefanAVFC

4 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I'm having a nightmare with my plumbing at home. There's a regular sound. With no knowledge and google I'm guessing it's air in the pipes or water hammering. Someone's been out twice to look at it and when the'be come it's not been happening :bang: I've tried various instructions of emptying all the pipes, sometimes it has appeared to ease the problem but not get rid of it. Last night, couldn't stop it at all.

Sounds like kettling to me. I've the same problem with mine. It's when a bit of dirt gets into the system and blocks the valves. Worth getting looked at or it'll end up shortening the life of your boiler. You can get a filter on the water intake which will stop crap getting in with the water flow.

It depends where you go too.

Western Poland is pro-Europe, it looks like Germany, more centrist, East is very pro-nationalism, pro-PiS. 

You go to Wroclaw and it looks like Germany. 

This was the election map in 2015 for example.

Wyborcza-mapa-Polski-po-wyborach-prezyde

The yellow/orange spots are the cities of Lodz and Warsaw in a sea of blue :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

We'll never know the truth, but here's my best guess. The guy was up for firearms posession and attempted murder a couple of years ago, but got off on a technicality. My feeling is that the fuzz were furious about this, and determined to get him, one way or another. Whether or not he had a gun on this occasion, they were probably a bit too trigger happy, and it's spawned a 'black lives matter'-style backlash. The fact that the bloke was a known bad 'un is not enough to quell the inevitable angry reaction. They probably could and should have arrested him, but now we have A Situation, where the 'facts' are probably the least significant factor. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Sounds like kettling to me. I've the same problem with mine. It's when a bit of dirt gets into the system and blocks the valves. Worth getting looked at or it'll end up shortening the life of your boiler. You can get a filter on the water intake which will stop crap getting in with the water flow.

Cheers, could be that. The water here is very hard as well, so very possible.

Â