Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

6 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I was just on my lunch break and turned on Sky News and saw this and couldn't quite believe what I was seeing. Hundreds of people at his local mosque in tears and carrying the coffin etc, his parents and family stating that he was the "perfect son", and claiming it was an organised assassination from the police for seemingly... no reason. REALLY? Are you that stupid? The reaction from the local community with the protesting after is shambolic. They also reported that everyone in the area knew he was a drug dealer and involved in organised crime.  As a community we shouldn't react this way to a seemingly dangerous criminal being killed.  His parents being upset by it, I understand. But the rest of the community? Doesn't sit right with me.

Has it been released under what circumstances the police shot him? I can't imagine they'd just shoot for no reason unless he was reaching for a weapon himself? 

I agree with what you say and he'll be no loss to society and I'm very much in the camp which says that if you drive around with a loaded weapon in your car, then don't complain if you are shot by the police.

However, I think the fact there is no CCTV and none of the officers were wearing cameras, just makes it look a bit unprofessional, especially as it was a 'pre planned' operation. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

We'll never know the truth, but here's my best guess. The guy was up for firearms posession and attempted murder a couple of years ago, but got off on a technicality. My feeling is that the fuzz were furious about this, and determined to get him, one way or another. Whether or not he had a gun on this occasion, they were probably a bit too trigger happy, and it's spawned a 'black lives matter'-style backlash. The fact that the bloke was a known bad 'un is not enough to quell the inevitable angry reaction. They probably could and should have arrested him, but now we have A Situation, where the 'facts' are probably the least significant factor. 

Isn't that almost the same as the Mark Duggan case ?

15 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Isn't that almost the same as the Mark Duggan case ?

I was thinking the same. Hopefully doesn't lead to similar riots. Although not sure what damage you could cause in Leicester, Bradford and Rotherham

I'm a big fan of bodycams for police, I think that officers should be wearing one most of the time  (with some exceptions such as when dealing with vulnerable witnesses, that might not speak to police with cameras pointed at them), but I think it should be absolutely essential for armed officers. The words of a police officer on the stand are worth **** all, IMO, every single officer carrying a firearm should need to be wearing a functional cam.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I've met some decent coppers and there are some who want to do good and help communities, but Christ I've met some right clearings in the woods. Bent as a 9 bob note some of them.

Its almost as if they are a cross section of society :)

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Thugs .

I'd say the vast majority of police are decent and want to do a good job, but there will always be bad apples. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'd say the vast majority of police are decent and want to do a good job, but there will always be bad apples. 

Of course but I've met a lot of thugs that are in the police force. It really does go to their head with some of them.

9 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That part of the world does seem a bit hardcore regarding the right wing. It's like that drug dealer in Huddersfield who the police shot dead. The locals have been out protesting that it was police brutality and that the victim was a good man. Bullshit! He deals drugs and has been linked to murders in the area. He has also held people at gunpoint in the past. 

Though it is **** cold, I can assure you that Huddersfield is nowhere near Poland. 

Sad to see Bradford Bulls rugby league team get liquidated the other day. When I used to watch the Superleague, they were one of the best teams 

• Like 1

My Mrs wanted a late bit of food from McD's so being the good husband I said ok and went and got her the double cheeseburger, fries and Diet Coke she asked for. Just a cheese burger for me.

Handed the food and made the fatal mistake of not checking it before heading home.

in the front door I glance in and it's not my food, however 2 fries and 2 burger cartons... might turn out ok... it's 2 bloody boxes of 4 chicken selects....?!? Who TF orders 2 chicken select meals at 10:30 on a Friday night.

Shes not happy with me :(

• Like 1

Â