Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

10 hours ago, Xela said:

Sad to see Bradford Bulls rugby league team get liquidated the other day. When I used to watch the Superleague, they were one of the best teams 

I used to be a massive fan of super league and the Bulls were one of the top teams. I used to regularly make the Boxing Day trip up north to watch my team St. Helens play Wigan. Rugby league is great. I should try and get into it again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I used to be a massive fan of super league and the Bulls were one of the top teams. I used to regularly make the Boxing Day trip up north to watch my team St. Helens play Wigan. Rugby league is great. I should try and get into it again.

For thirteen years I lived five minutes walk from Leeds Rhinos ground in Headingley. Never went to a game, no interest whatsoever. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

For thirteen years I lived five minutes walk from Leeds Rhinos ground in Headingley. Never went to a game, no interest whatsoever. 

The rhinos are well represented in Leeds. How shit Leeds United fans must feel that the rugby league team far outshines them.

Just been to a record shop in Cannock. Reviews stated it was pretty cheap but most of them started off at £20. Imo that's not cheap and I'm not paying that for vinyl unless its a real gem. When I used to collect it in my early teens I could go to brum and come away with atleast 4 albums for £20 and they were in good condition. What's the most you lot pay and what do you consider expensive?

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I've been in it when it was empty (as I'm sure you're are aware, one of the stands is back to back with the cricket ground), but never seen a game live. I much prefer to watch League over Union, but like yourself have very little interest in either code. 

Edited by dAVe80

2 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

I've been in it when it was empty (as I'm sure you're are aware, one of the stands is back to back with the cricket ground), but never seen a game live. I much prefer to watch League over Union, but like yourself have very little interest in either code. 

League pisses over Union.

27 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

League pisses over Union.

League for club rugby

Union for international rugby

IMO anyway. RL doesn't appear to take international rugby as seriously, or it at least seems that way

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Xela said:

League for club rugby

Union for international rugby

IMO anyway. RL doesn't appear to take international rugby as seriously, or it at least seems that way

Agree. I like international Union but not club Union.

4 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

I've never been but both sides of Headingley look like an absolute shithole.  I agree I'd rather watch League than Union, or preferably neither.

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

I've never been but both sides of Headingley look like an absolute shithole.  I agree I'd rather watch League than Union, or preferably neither.

The cricket ground is poor in comparison to the likes of Lords, Edgbaston, Old Trafford, the Oval etc, but it's not without it's charms. The Western Terrace is great fun. 

28 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

The cricket ground is poor in comparison to the likes of Lords, Edgbaston, Old Trafford, the Oval etc, but it's not without it's charms. The Western Terrace is great fun. 

Leeds is a great city though, yes? I've been there 3 times but can't remember much about it. 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Leeds is a great city though, yes? I've been there 3 times but can't remember much about it. 

Yeah, Leeds is cracking little city. Good music scene, with plenty of venues for gigs, nice city centre, lots of cool pubs and bars etc. I'm not a lover of living in a city, but if I was going to, it'd be Leeds or Newcastle. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've never been but both sides of Headingley look like an absolute shithole.

I've been to Headingly for the Cricket, and sat in the Rugby stand. You can just wander round the back into the League ground, which to be fair, looks alright, it's tidy enough. Sort of like Orient's football ground or something.

The cricket ground is strange, though. A proper hotch-potch of stands with an incongruous modern (ugly) new pavilion.

IMG_1980_2.jpgIMG_1981_2.jpgIMG_1983_2.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yeah that pavilion thing is one of the oddest things I've ever seen, especially when the rest of the ground looks like Kenilworth Road on a bad day.  I read that they're rebuilding the rugby stand so that'd probably improve things a bit.

Yeah they are knocking it down. Best supported rugby league club for the past 4 years.

Â